rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best Foreign Places for Americans to Relocate...

Here's a link to what Edxpatify.com feels are the 10 best places for Americans to relocate, based on low cost, friendliness to Americans, job availibility, government stability, etc. Do any of you agree with the list and its order? http://www.expatify.com/advice/10-most-suitable countries-for-american-expatriates.html

I hate to be cynical-- oh, let's be honest I love it-- but one way ( definitely not the only way) to tell if guys will like a place is if
women hate it-- especially women on the prowl or trying to hang onto a guy. And of course, with their typical automatic self-deception
they'll maintain it's some other reason than the competition.

My co-worker was a 8+ at 34, 5'11" blond, and I was mentioning I might want to live in LA.
She quickly asserted she hated the place, she'd come from there. Her looks were fading quickly.
There's no way she wanted the level of competition there for her freshly domesticated hubby.

I remember touring with a band and passing through Rimini, a resort town in Italy filled with gorgeous, well dressed Italian guys.

Our female singer looked left and right, left and right, and to her credit just came right out and said it: " I've never seen so many good-looking guys in my life. "

There was a veritable herd of super hot visiting Nordic chicks hanging out too looking to get laid.

However at a professional conference I did meet a very nice, intelligent young woman who had really liked Russia. But she was really the cream of the American crop, pretty, too intelligent to be snobby and nasty, a chick like that could get a guy even in Russia.

This list is whack. The Czech Republic as #3? It's a beautiful country but it wouldn't stack up to other more suitable countries. The Phils and Panama not on the list? Buenos Aires one of the cheapest cities in the world for American expats to live in? speaking English is relatively simple? Brazil with its anal visa policy?

If I would put together a list based on actual reality, it would go something like this:

1. Mexico
2. Philippines
3. Costa Rica
4. Thailand
5. Panama
6. Australia
7. Guam
8. Spain
9. Italy
10. Germany

Notable mentions would be Peru, Colombia, Israel and Indonesia

Not to hijack your thread but what about EU citizens?

http://www.expatify.com/advice/top-10-co...women.html

Interesting that many of the 10 best countries are also on the list of 10 hottest women..

Also realize most of these retirement expat websites are geared towards 50-60's retired guys.... so dont want the same stuff guys in our 20's and 30's do, for example I LOVE colombia, but everyone here is (ok not everyone) interested in your money and wallet, older guys love it because for tossing a few 100 at their 20 yr old gf they get a hottie on their arm to fuck and suck. Its a little more depressing if you are younger and trying to find a nice girl, especially as a gringo.

Quote: (10-02-2010 01:22 PM)clr Wrote:  

India at number 5?? They're joking right? India doesn't even belong on the list, yet along ranked above Iran. Persian women are in the top 3 in the world. Where is Colombia?

Quote: (10-02-2010 01:37 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (10-02-2010 01:22 PM)clr Wrote:  

India at number 5?? They're joking right? India doesn't even belong on the list, yet along ranked above Iran. Persian women are in the top 3 in the world. Where is Colombia?

Actually this list isnt bad, compared to those other junk lists online that had USA #1 and England #2 (WTF?). I think they got it mostly right!

-Thailand

Women, weather, cost, food, lifestyle, infrastructure, business hub, travel hub

-Philippines

Women, weather, cost, food, lifestyle, scuba, basically unlimited renewals of tourist visa

-Singapore

Weather, business/tax, safety/infrastructure, economic growth, visa, travel hub

-Malaysia

Weather, business/tax, safety/infrastructure, economic growth, permanent residency program

-Panama

Proximity to US, business/tax, weather, infrastructure/healthcare

-Chile

-Infrastructure, business/tax, wine, most stable economy in SA, incentives for startups

http://www.inc.com/articles/2010/05/chil...alley.html

....watch out for earthquakes

-Mexico (don't know enough yet but proximity to US and cost)
-Costa Rica (same as Mexico, beautiful pristine ecotourism)

-Estonia

Women (blondes), cost (for now, until it adopts the euro), proximity to rest of Eastern Europe, charming medieval castle cities, infrastructure

-Argentina

-Colombia

-Brazil

I don't know much about Latin America in general when it is not from a business or investment standpoint so I'm not going to say anything about the last three....although it seems like most guys on here are pretty savvy about SA in general at this point.