rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Less Knowledge Is More: Is the subject of "Game" dead?

Roosh has a great new post:

Quote:Quote:

It disappoints me that as much as I’ve written about game, there are still guys who want more. They are holding out on taking a risk until I first tell them how to do a certain action. “Write about running game in the circus… after the first intermission… when the elephants have been put away.” No, figure it out on your own. You know the principles: if you truly want to succeed at something then use what you already know to make love to women in the circus, or wherever else you happen to meet them.

Full post: http://www.rooshv.com/less-knowledge-is-more

(Hilarious by the way)

This made me think; have we already covered "Game"?

Sometimes it almost seems like we are beating a dead horse. I think by now we all know how it's done; as Roosh says, "start a conversation, try different things to get her interested, get her on a bed, and stick it in (local laws apply)."

A more advance version may be: dress sharp, make yourself the best you can be (ie box, surf, workout etc), have money, roll to dope spots, smoke cigarettes, lock places down, build your juice, work the Numbers Game and close.

Or a more advanced version; build a lifestyle that allows you to swoop girls (ie strip club owner, p0rn site owner, photographer etc) or become famous to a degree.

A recent look at the Game threads, and people are starting topics like "Having sex with a midget", "Picking up a girl with one arm?", "Instagram Game made easy", "How to Game pregnant girls?", I think when you talk about a subject enough, it's only natural direction is to border on the bizarre, or hell, go beyond the bizarre.

I am not really sure where I am going with this (although I haven't written about Game on The G Manifesto in what seems to be ages, hell, I have even thought of changing the entire focus of the site), but it makes me think.

And sure, there are little things that people discover about swooping girls that are useful to all. I don't know, maybe I need a new life focus or something, but I really feel that if anyone has a "Game question" it has already been asked 100 times and it has been given 1000 answers.

Thoughts? Discuss.

Study long, study wrong

WIA

It's a confidence issue. I feel much more confident about dealing with women now that I've upped my notch count. Maybe I didn't need to do that. But maybe I really did. Maybe some guys who are coming from a more intellectual or academic world don't feel confident, even if they read Roosh's great post, until they've checked out all the literature for themselves or engaged a lot in the forum. I'd bet there are a lot of guys out there who are nerds who look to places online for help with women. At least they are making the effort.

Well, I started the arm thread because I believed that I needed some advice about how to move forward. That was a chick who I didn't know had an arm missing and had actually considered a very bangable girl.

I think that people should be encouraged more to do a search before they start threads. Keep in mind that there's always a new crop of players that don't know what they are doing or even what to search for.

We can take the basic principles and refine them a lot. That's why I started the player's lounge. I like reading current lay-reports etc. We can see how the main ideas and approach really do work and also make calibrations to our own games based on what is info and corroboration from multiple sources.

I like to read about little tricks that guys are using and also innovations. I'm not such a big fan of the "x-game" or "y-game" threads that seem kind of junk.

I like threads like the promoter game, body language, openers, tactics for dealing with lmr... strategy stuff.

Yes, by now, we all know that getting in shape and getting the lifestyle thing together is important.

I like to see how the players I respect the most are going to react to certain posts or not. I think this can help transmit inner game strength to newer guys.

It's taken me a while to start to get the hang of the game- I still don't really know what I'm doing in a lot situations, but I'd like to be able to refine even more.

Quote: (08-07-2013 05:05 PM)soup Wrote:  

It's a confidence issue.

Well, I started the arm thread because I believed that I needed some advice about how to move forward. That was a chick who I didn't know had an arm missing and had actually considered a very bangable girl.

Ha, did you do that thread? Don't sweat it. (You are cracking me up by trying to qualify the thread).

For the record, I didn't even read any of those threads nor do I want it to seem like I was singling people out (which wasn't the purpose of this, I was just free flowing some thought).

I just used those as examples to make my (convoluted) point.

It's funny to us this is all old hat.

But there are constantly newbies coming around who don't know thing 1 about it.

They often get in trouble because they're expected to know 1001 things we discussed years ago, and they just have no idea about any of it. It's like throwing someone an American into a room of Greeks and getting mad at them for their poor Greek grammar.

I think the basics are probably the most useful, even though they seem so simple as to be totally unnecessary to elucidate here.

I have a friend, for instance, who invited a cute girl he wanted to bang to a party of his. They were talking all night, enjoying each other, I thought it was going well. When I left she was one of the few people still there, smiling and enjoying herself w my friends arm around her.

The next day I ask "how'd it go?"

He goes "I dunno she's weird. I dunno what she wants"

"Did you try to kiss her?"

"No, but I'm having brunch with her today... And with this other guy."

They often get in trouble because they're expected to know 1001 things we discussed years ago, and they just have no idea about any of it. It's like throwing someone an American into a room of Greeks and getting mad at them for their poor Greek grammar.

I think the basics are probably the most useful, even though they seem so simple as to be totally unnecessary to elucidate here.

This might be a good opportunity for Roosh. He could create a newbie pamphlet, you know maybe 20 pages or so, with the basics. Sell it as a PDF here for $5.

Take care of those titties for me.

Game is basically dead now.

You're coming into a generation where once you have the basics down the only two things limiting your success are 1) time and 2) money.

As soon as you realize game is just repetition, you stop looking for "tricks and routines". You already know what works for you and your unique type of game.

I try to lay out what is done verbatim but at the end of the day, since women are emotional creatures, a lot of game also ends up becoming timing & luck so you just run the numbers.

So in short your goal in life, once you learn decent game, is to 1) decrease the amount of money you need to get chicks and 2) increase your free time. Everything else is moot.

Money and freedom is everything.

I can think of at least two different ways that reading too much about game can reduce your success. The most obvious way is that you start to use it as a substitute for actually going out and approaching, which is no different from any other form of procrastination. The more insidious way, however, is that you get so bogged down trying to learn everything there is to know about game that you stop giving enough attention to the basics.

While his post is mostly talking about studying too much game as procrastination, I think Roosh is also touching on the second point with his example of running game at the circus. Say Roosh actually indulged a request like that and spent 2-3 months going to circuses and approaching girls until he worked out the optimum game to use at the circus, then provided you with a detailed breakdown. You would then go to a circus with this detailed battle plan in your head of exactly what to spit and how to position yourself logistically in a variety of situations you're likely to find. You walk into the circus, position yourself appropriately, and a golden approach opportunity presents itself exactly the way Uncle Roosh told you it would, so you walk up to a girl, deliver your opening line, and...blow it by leaning in. Or smiling too much. Or forgetting to push the interaction forward.

All the fine-detail, situation-specific strategy you had primed to go in your brain is worse than useless when you put so much energy into it that you forget to execute Game 101.

While I like exchanging ideas, anecdotes, moves, etc. as much as the next guy (and I do think they help when used appropriately), you absolutely cannot let it come at the expense of the fundamentals. I re-read Bang cover-to-cover at least a couple times a year, and I routinely reference sections of it (as well as a very short Word document with reminders of the concepts, attitudes, lines, moves, and routines that I consider most foundational to my game) before going out. You'd be surprised how often I come across something and go "oh yeah, I forgot about that!" even though I've read that exact text over a dozen times.

I really don't think this is just me either--I'm sure the guys here with thousands of posts will back me up that doing the basic shit right gets them laid far more often than they end up in an unusual situation and they're like "aha! Tuth broke this exact thing down in April 2011, I know just what to do now!" (although the latter has happened to me.)

Quote: (08-07-2013 06:18 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

You're coming into a generation where once you have the basics down the only two things limiting your success are 1) time and 2) money.

As soon as you realize game is just repetition, you stop looking for "tricks and routines". You already know what works for you and your unique type of game.

I try to lay out what is done verbatim but at the end of the day, since women are emotional creatures, a lot of game also ends up becoming timing & luck so you just run the numbers.

So in short your goal in life, once you learn decent game, is to 1) decrease the amount of money you need to get chicks and 2) increase your free time. Everything else is moot.

This is true, one fateful morning one of my friends showed me Roosh's blog. Almost a month later I got serious about wanting to improve my skills with women. I started like everyone does with lines from Bang and it took me a whole month before I could talk to a girl without my hands shaking violently. As the weeks went by I realized that i felt uncomfortable not just saying what came to my mind in conversation. In short in just 6 months I've come to veiw "game" as a thing, is really only "Internal Game" and short list of other helpful factors(logistics).

I think it was Samseau who recently wrote an article for ROK titled Alpha is Anything. Its all just two parts 1) Doing something 2)How you do it. Then you just refine it until you do it as best as you can.

Prince

"Look Mama, no hands..."

People are too interested in finding the "magic bullet", the one-size-fits-all solution to melting panties. The truth is we all have to find what works for us, individually. There's nothing in game that works for everyone. NOTHING. Guys have to take in what information they can, use what works and discard what doesn't. It's a trial-and-error numbers game.

Quote: (08-07-2013 06:54 PM)Mack Four Wrote:  

People are too interested in finding the "magic bullet", the one-size-fits-all solution to melting panties. The truth is we all have to find what works for us, individually.

Yeah. Ultimately, one has to figure it out for oneself.

The good thing is it is that much sweeter when you do.

Quote: (08-07-2013 05:29 PM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

This isn't an exact reply to G's thoughts, but this post prompted some ideas.

As someone who's new here, one of the things I noticed that may help with redundant threads, is figuring out a way to have things compiled in summaries or a better inventory of important threads.

I understand why you wouldn't want to have dozens of stickies, but there's some really good threads that people have gotten repped for, that may not have that many replies or be continually brought to the 1st page of any subforum.

It seems like there's more and more instances of dupes as the membership grows (a good problem to have, I wanna see our philosophies spread).

Maybe have a regularly updated thread where people suggest which ones should be compiled in a single stickied thread (similar to the city data sheet sticky thread at top of Travel section).

For example, I've had friends take a brief look at the forum, see some of the weirder or more extreme threads, and not really understand what this place is all about.

Obviously there will never be enough information for game theory addicts or people searching for "magic bullets" without taking action.

But Roosh has created a great community here, and I think any innovative ways we can organize it would help with communicating ideas better.

Quote: (08-07-2013 04:53 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

This made me think; have we already covered "Game"?

Rediscovered it.

I have made this point, after the past 40 years have dismantled masculine virtue, a lot of men were lost.

Now particularly amongst young men, where getting laid is a drving force, it first returned with the likes of mystery, and PUA, but it is essentially seduction.

It wasn't the fuzzy hats and the other gimmicks, all he did was work on his strengths, and why for many it doesn't work for others. It wasn't enhancing any of their masculine virtues.

But again, by itself, that was only seduction, and has all the varying sub-topics on this forum show, there is much more to being a man.

The contemporary age of the mystery, and PUA movement was framed by the general youth and their heightened libido.

But it was a good first step. I am a man, I am not going to be ashamed of my libido, it is perfectly healthy for me to want to get laid often.

Game has ventured into travel (adventure), physical fitness and martial arts (combat) and knowledge.

Round those 4 out.... sex, adventure, combat and knowledge... thats an essence of a man.

So as I said, we're essentially rediscovering what is in our nature, and those of us grabbing it with vigour, we're not asking for female permission or validation if these pursuits are acceptable for them.

I do find it peculiar to frame the seduction part as game, and ther other 3 are subsets of that.

I think you can be well versed in any number of the other 3, and poor at seduction, and still be a worthwhile man, though acheiving well at the other 3, makes your the appealing mating option for women.

But men pursuiing manly pursuits .. all of us know when we've travelled, when we work out, started a business, acquire knolwedge that is profound to us.. we feel good.

They are clearly pursuits we've meant to undertake. We don't need it to be politically correct, we don't need societal (feminine) approval. It has shown to only hold us back.

But calling the broad pursuit 'game' I think makes is still sound like a gimmick. it's just doing positive, masculine thing.

I think a lot of these threads you mentioned are just guys talking shit about sex and game because that's what guys like to talk about. Just for fun. And bringing up situational topics as they arise in our lives. I actually find these threads more fun than discussing "routines" and "what should I says." These are the types of things I might joke around with and half-heartedly discuss with the boys over a beer.

But yeah, I do agree a lot of the game stuff has been beaten to death and overdone. The older I get the more I realize it's best to stick with the basics and keep it simple.

To me, the most valuable things about game are:

1) Building an attractive persona - fit, stylish, hygenic, interesting, cool, and great body language
2) Mindset/Aura - Confidence, Assertiveness, Non-neediness, Witty, and ability to hold your Mental frame (shit you don't even necessarily need to be masculine these days)
3) Ability to perceive sexual energy and attraction from others (this one, in my opinion, is hugely underrated, though very instinctual if you just get out of your head).
4) Logistics
5) Get out of your own way! (stop overanalyzing, overgaming, and overall acting like a douche)

Getting better in bed is important too but that comes with experience and regular sex.

Everything else is secondary - and much of it unnecessary. Processes can be a great learning tool, and what better than Roosh's books and Tuthmosis' first date bang thread? http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-8681.html

Really all you need. As an exception though, new cultures can always be tricky.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (08-07-2013 05:15 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (08-07-2013 05:05 PM)soup Wrote:  

It's a confidence issue.

Ha, did you do that thread? Don't sweat it. (You are cracking me up by trying to qualify the thread).

For the record, I didn't even read any of those threads nor do I want it to seem like I was singling people out (which wasn't the purpose of this, I was just free flowing some thought).

I'd like to say that I understand why you would start a thread about another thread just by reading the title. But, I'm curious to hear what you have to say.

Once you are understanding and internalizing the basic game theory it is possible to get get girls just using the principle of numbers game/law of averages (if you can conquer your approach anxiety).

Then I think stuff like lifestyle, traveling, logistics, access (social circle), fitness, style, special skills like dancing/martial arts, making money etc start to become more important. This is kind of the next level if you will. But it doesn't mean game is dead in the sense that you can stop approaching (unless you're famous).

Inner game is probably one area where continued reading, writing and discussion etc is needed.

Once you are reading about Circus Game though you have probably long since reached the point of diminishing returns.

I find the board is still lacking in funeral game.

Great thread. I agree with all the posters who say there is no magic bullet and that you have to do what's best for you. In fact, that is the game. Learning to be the man you were destined to be. There's no shortcuts and every guy is in a different boat. We all live in different places, come from different backgrounds, and have different resources/advantages/disadvantages. But the quest is the same.

Ultimately, it's confidence that wins. Don't internalize rejection and be fearless. Fortune favors the bold.

Sometimes when I talk to dudes from this forum it seems they took in too much information from the man-o-sphere. My advice usually is "when in doubt, chill out"

Especially when it comes to paying for shit, going into dates angry, worried about friendzone.

STFU and keep the wheels greased! Sweating cash on a date dries up pussy faster than talking about star wars figures!

People always want to ignore fundamentals, because that's where you put the work in.

There are guys with 13" biceps agonizing over whether whey protein is "absorbed too quickly" or asking if they should tilt their pinkies up with doing shoulder movements.

Same thing with game.

Guys want to have some zany new "opener" instead of just putting boots on the ground, making your approaches, and getting your ass kicked until getting in the grove and finding the right girls.

Quote: (08-07-2013 06:01 PM)Dusty Wrote:  

This might be a good opportunity for Roosh. He could create a newbie pamphlet, you know maybe 20 pages or so, with the basics. Sell it as a PDF here for $5.
isnt it called BANG?

Quote: (08-07-2013 06:18 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

That's it in a nutshell. Well played, sir. Well played.

[quote='thegmanifesto' pid='508139' dateline='1375912408']
Roosh has a great new post:

[quote]
A recent look at the Game threads, and people are starting topics like "Having sex with a midget", "Picking up a girl with one arm?", "Instagram Game made easy", "How to Game pregnant girls?", I think when you talk about a subject enough, it's only natural direction is to border on the bizarre, or hell, go beyond the bizarre.
[/quote]

Hehe as the thread owner for the Instagram thread - I have to ask - what's the bizarre part of it? I'm new here so maybe I'm missing the relevance? [Image: smile.gif]

I have been using CS for quite some time and it's great for pipelining and so is IG. But it does not replace other forms of attracting leads.

Quote: (08-08-2013 10:52 AM)Mumbojumbo Wrote:  

(08-07-2013, 09:53 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  Roosh has a great new post:

[quote]Quote:

Hehe as the thread owner for the Instagram thread - I have to ask - what's the bizarre part of it? I'm new here so maybe I'm missing the relevance? [Image: smile.gif]

I have been using CS for quite some time and it's great for pipelining and so is IG. But it does not replace other forms of attracting leads.

mumbo -