rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wall Stories: Falling from a higher height hurts more

This is an article about a woman who was/is a famous actress ( in award winning The English Patient) was to some degree world famous, is now 53 and facing what she calls invisibility. Her hamster is still straining to deny the painful reality,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...women.html

THe best hamster quote " The actress told the Sunday Telegraph: ‘It’s incredibly difficult keeping relationships alive when you have a lifestyle like mine. I’m never more than a few weeks in one place.’

It says she divorced her French doctor husband at 47. Umm, wonder if HE divorced HER? A rich doctor of 50 can do a lot better than a haggard, formerly beautiful movie star.

The Wall is very cruel. Her stardom is a negative once her beauty is gone, because she'll be so spoiled from constant fawning attention and offers.

She is running both figuratively and literally.

Yea she's pretty gross

Miss Scott Thomas, 53, has revealed that she felt ‘invisible’ while surrounded by young actresses at the Cannes Film Festival in May.
Voicing the fears of so many women of a certain age, she said: ‘I’m not talking about in a private setting, at a dinner party or anything. But when you’re walking down the street, you get bumped into, people slam doors in your face – they just don’t notice you.

‘Somehow, you just vanish. It’s a cliché, but men grow in gravitas as they get older, while women just disappear.’ And echoing Miranda actress Patricia Hodge, who last year said that all the best roles go to a small group of actresses, she added: ‘The Great British Dames, like Helen Mirren and Judi Dench, have all managed to do things marvellously.

[Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif]
[Image: laugh2.gif][Image: laugh2.gif]

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine