rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Amman, Jordan

Amman, Jordan

Any of you guys have experience living or traveling in Amman or Jordan in general? I'm moving there for 9-12 months as of late August and would appreciate any advice.

I've heard that Rainbow St. is a good area with lots of bars and clubs. Also, in Jordanian culture it is considered disrespectful for any public displays of affection ie. escalation through touching. I figure for any white girls I can just proceed as usual and I guess play it down with Jordanians.

Amman, Jordan

Good luck mate. I even heard the Christian chicks there are Conservative.

The biggest problem you face of talking to girls is that they may have older brothers and shit and that can lead to big problems if they find out.

Your best bet is flying down to Dubai for the weekends and having fun if your looking for SNL's and ONS.

Check this threads out:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-10083....ght=jordan

Amman, Jordan

Do some pipelining on Tagged, Badoo, etc.

Don't be intimidated, even by hijabis, especially if they're wearing tight clothes.

Hang around Starbucks and other cafes and make subtle approaches. You have some leeway as a foreigner to do that. I've heard Bluetooth is another way to approach in malls. Walk through the lobbies of the many 4-star hotels, I recommend the Mariott, Le Meridien across the street, the Intercontinental. There are always women from wedding parties hanging around. Say hi.

Check the Jordan Times and other event guides for gallery openings and other open international events.

Be cautious, play the long game, learn and enjoy the culture and the people. You can have relationships with the opposite sex in these countries.

[Image: our_hijab_our_freedom_by_finieramos-d5iojta.jpg]

Amman, Jordan

I wish you a more fruitful experience than the one i'm having here in cairo, i'm getting slaughtered game-wise, the idea of approaching and taking it from there ,seems non-existent. I'm middle-eastern though, so my advice would be use your foreigner card to the max, approach (not as direct as you would in the western world) as much as you can and act like that's normal in your culture. Go to trendier upscale places where english is more widely spoken. That's all I can give you culture-wise, i've never been to jordan.

Amman, Jordan

Quote: (07-28-2013 11:09 AM)Doctor and the Bartender Wrote:  

Any of you guys have experience living or traveling in Amman or Jordan in general? I'm moving there for 9-12 months as of late August and would appreciate any advice.

I've heard that Rainbow St. is a good area with lots of bars and clubs. Also, in Jordanian culture it is considered disrespectful for any public displays of affection ie. escalation through touching. I figure for any white girls I can just proceed as usual and I guess play it down with Jordanians.

I spent some time in Amman in 2011. Man, 9-12 months is going to mean a brutal dry spell. I would recommend getting out to Israel whenever you can and keeping your eye out for the tourists that pass through Amman. Your best bet will be hooking up with expats and tourists. Use whatever online resources you can to connect with those people and also hit up the areas of the city where westerners are likely to be at. Jordanian culture is very conservative. Dating before marriage is a punishable offense - you have no shot getting a Jordanian flag.

Aside from that, the food is amazing and Rainbow St. does have nice hookah lounges, coffee shops, and bookstores. Make the best of it.

Amman, Jordan

Quote: (07-28-2013 10:01 PM)Omsy Wrote:  

I wish you a more fruitful experience than the one i'm having here in cairo, i'm getting slaughtered game-wise, the idea of approaching and taking it from there ,seems non-existent. I'm middle-eastern though, so my advice would be use your foreigner card to the max, approach (not as direct as you would in the western world) as much as you can and act like that's normal in your culture. Go to trendier upscale places where english is more widely spoken. That's all I can give you culture-wise, i've never been to jordan.

Are there approacheable women? I mean women without men in the streets, shopping malls, cafes, etc?

Amman, Jordan

Very rare (assuming you mean in cairo)

Quote: (07-28-2013 11:45 PM)Northern Wrote:  

Quote: (07-28-2013 10:01 PM)Omsy Wrote:  

Are there approacheable women? I mean women without men in the streets, shopping malls, cafes, etc?

Amman, Jordan

Amman might be another place where being older and targeting "used" women 30 - 50 - divorcees, widows, spinsters - is a whole different game than trying to pick up young women in a culture that values virgin marriages.

Amman, Jordan

I spent a few days in Amman back in March. I stayed in downtown. Fucking shithole.

From what I heard, West Amman is the best place to live.

A local told me that he had a fuck buddy who was 10 years older than him and married with kids. He said sex outside of marriage isn't widespread but it does go on.

This might be a helpful resource: http://www.black-iris.com/2007/05/07/sex-in-amman/

Check out Aqaba in the south if you have a few days off.

Amman, Jordan

So I was just browsing around for some work related Google searches and come across for ladies from Jordan - Wow! Pretty, hot & fashionable.

No hijabs etc.

Has it changed and opened up for party time?

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63