rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Having trouble with ejecting out of conversations too early

I've been noticing a common trend in my approaches lately. I open, talk for a little bit and then, sometimes, I'm either interrupted by some other person or thing, and I stop the approach. Afterwards, I vocally hear from the approach-ee questioning to themselves or their friend why I suddenly stopped talking to them.

First example, I'm coming back from a trip to Spain, and I start talking to these two college girls on the flight. I get interrupted when one of the two starts talking to the other. I assume this is the end of the convo, turn around and go back to resuming what I was doing. Afterwards, I see them in line when we go through immigrations or whatever. I ignore them, not wanting to seem desperate. I hear a comment between the girls: "Hey, isn't that the guy you were talking to on the flight? Why is he ignoring you? What did you do to him?" WHOOPS.

Here's the second example which happened a couple of days ago. I'm at some kind of lounge bar overlooking the city skyline. A girl comes up to the bar, ordering a beer, asking about its price. I open with how expensive the drinks are here. She comments with something like "I know. How much was your drink? What did you get?" Blah, blah, blah. We talk for ten-twenty seconds. An older woman starts talking to her. I assume it's her mother. I close the interaction, turn away. I start checking out another girl to my right. I hear from the previous girl, "That's not fair, he's checking out another girl. I saw him first." She walks away and so does the new girl I was checking out because she probably overheard this girl talking aloud.WHOOPS

I can think of other times where this has been the case. I think I underestimate how much girls enjoy being approached because the guy has balls to do so. But I feel like the slightest indication of disinterest or distraction from the object, and I eject. What is the solution to this problem other than the obvious one of persisting in the convo longer.

This is a very common problem with beginning players- I know it was with me

First, to overcome it you need to realize why you are ejecting- you are ejecting because you subconsciously are avoiding the girl rejecting you by rejecting her first. It's an ego defense mechanism.

The old PUA solution was to tell their students to stay in the interaction no matter what until the girl unambiguously blew them out by walking away or telling the guy to go away. This was supposed to thicken the students, give him more practice, and show him that he could build attraction in some cases where the girl showed no obvious interest at first. I would try this-it's a good practice and will sharpen your skills

Personally, I no longer push it that far because I am good at reading signs of interest or disinterest. If I get strong signs of disinterest I will bail out. Otherwise I will stay in to see how things develop.If you're getting any positive signs, it's worth staying in to try to build some attraction and comfort and screen her. Read up on IOIs and IODs -especially body language,-there's plenty of information online

You also need to work on your Inner Game because that is where this behavior ultimately stems from.You're viewing yourself as "bothering" the girl or imposing yourself on her, when you should view yourself as offering her an exciting experience she would be foolish not to accept and being a man who has a natural right to approach an attractive woman

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Mr. XY killed it! Push yourself to stay in longer, and the real issue is inner game.

Here's some more beginner tech for that 2 girl situation.

2 chicks are having a nice chat, but they're open to being talked to.
You step up to the target with your opener.
She opens.

Now in some situations, the friend will be listening and will jump in naturally.
If you're coming in super hard, and it's clearly a direct approach, the friend may be protective, or may feel JEALOUS.

You always have to disable the friend, the cock blocks.
Play your cards right, and you can make a friend.
If you're good at pussy poker, the friend will offer up the other one.

Consider this scenario

You're in line to board, you see 2 cute girls.
You're hoping that they're in your row.
Allah favors you this one time.

You have the window, they have the middle and aisle.

a) Now if your target is on the aisle and you're at the window, you've got to talk over the chick riding between you two.

Naturally, you will start a conversation with both of them, and continue to vibe with them as a unit.

They may pull away, but then you stay playful and tell them no secrets.

If it's a flight, you really have to think on your feet and keep the conversation and vibe going. Comes with practice.

Of course ask open ended questions.
Of course drop little bait and big bait.
Of course do cold reads.
Of course be up on pop culture.
Of course start a little jealousy
Of course tell stories
Of course get them to tell stories
Of course tell jokes

now

b) If your target sits next to you, your little chat with her boxes out her friend.

So now you have to bring the outside friend into the conversation.

Early 00's era game has lots of routines for this, but pulling one from my files - I am reminded of a certain Souls of Mischief Remix, where each of the 4 mc's take the other guy's verse.

That's what I like to do.

Are you 2 best friends? (and you can do some of the best friends openers, best friends tests)

Then I go

"So B, describe A"
"A, now describe B"

You're now separating the two and putting them at odds (for good fun)
But the act itself opens up lots of conversational threads.

- You can accuse them of x,y,z.
- Make fun of them making fun of each other.
- Ask probing questions.
- Cement their friendship.
- Figure out who's the slutty one..

All that kinda stuff.

On one level its dancing monkey, having all these little social tricks memorized and ready to use at a moment's notice.

But a positive view is that you're socializing and you're being inventive.

If you do it well, you can get both #'s, and then run your game as you see fit.

Provided you don't show too much interest in the less favorable of the two, the ugly one will push the pretty one into the mix and sacrifice herself.

WIA