rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NY to Montreal

NY to Montreal

Hey people,
Flying from London to NY for a couple of days on business. I'll be there for the weekend then taking the train up to Montreal to spend the following weekend before I fly back. 10 days in total. I have never been before and have no idea what to expect. I've read a few NY / Montreal threads here but haven't found any solid pick up joints or places to hang out. Any recommendations? FYI I think I'm more dive bar edgy, good parties etc than flashy bars and overpriced cocktails.
Also is there anywhere worth dropping off on the way up to Montreal that I shouldn't miss?

P.S.
If a good cheap hostel springs to mind in NY or Montreal please say!

NY to Montreal

s.e.a.r.c.h f.u.n.c.t.i.o.n

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-1756-page-1.html

I posted some local info there (c'est ma ville), but mixx's a.d.d kicked in after page 3

NY to Montreal

Do not take the train to Montreal from NY trust me on this. Either take a flight or bus it. Amtrak is no where near as good as European train companies because Amtrak doesn't own the tracks heading to Canada thus 100+ cars slow as snail freight trains take priority over Amtrak. I took the train from Toronto to New York a couple of years ago and it was pure torture. A trip that usually takes 7 hours took 15+ hours because of the freight train traffic. Also, you can get stuck at the border answering stupid questions from douche bags immigration cops at the Canadian border.

NY to Montreal

Quote: (09-18-2010 08:05 AM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

Do not take the train to Montreal from NY trust me on this. Either take a flight or bus it. Amtrak is no where near as good as European train companies because Amtrak doesn't own the tracks heading to Canada thus 100+ cars slow as snail freight trains take priority over Amtrak. I took the train from Toronto to New York a couple of years ago and it was pure torture. A trip that usually takes 7 hours took 15+ hours because of the freight train traffic. Also, you can get stuck at the border answering stupid questions from douche bags immigration cops at the Canadian border.

Thanks for tip off. The bus it will be!

NY to Montreal

Quote: (09-17-2010 04:56 PM)Richie Wrote:  

Hey people,
Flying from London to NY for a couple of days on business. I'll be there for the weekend then taking the train up to Montreal to spend the following weekend before I fly back. 10 days in total. I have never been before and have no idea what to expect. I've read a few NY / Montreal threads here but haven't found any solid pick up joints or places to hang out. Any recommendations? FYI I think I'm more dive bar edgy, good parties etc than flashy bars and overpriced cocktails.
Also is there anywhere worth dropping off on the way up to Montreal that I shouldn't miss?

P.S.
If a good cheap hostel springs to mind in NY or Montreal please say!

Check out the East Village and Lower East Side for good dives. Avoid Midtown bars at all costs.