rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Trade-Ins: Feminist Destruction Of Love & Using The Time You Have

"The Trade-Ins" is an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Watch it here: http://www.tv.com/shows/the-twilight-zon...ins-12681/

Overview Of The Episode

[Image: 119344.jpg]

"The Trade-Ins" is a wistful and thoughtful episode about an elderly couple. An elderly couple goes to a corporation that specializes in "body swapping." "Body swapping" refers to when one person exchanges their body for another's body, typically an old couple seeking a youthful body. They are presented with various models and the couple has a sense of giddy excitement when considering the possibility of living their lives over again.

They find out they do not have enough money for both of them, just one. The man goes to a poker game where he bets all of his $5000. The sympathetic poker dealer asks why he is betting it all and the man tells him that he seeking a better life for he and his wife. The dealer folds, with the better hand, and tells the man to live with his original money.

The goes back to the corporation with the idea he will swap his body and use his youth to work hard to save up to get his wife the swap. He gets the swap and is deliriously happy. His wife is happy at first until she realizes that she will most likely die before he is able to acquire the money. He decided to swap back into his old body and he and his wife walk into an uncertain future, but one in which they will have each other.

This sort of life-long relationship is disconcerting to many, most especially feminists. I can't even count how many times I have heard feminists, women and liberals complain about how oppressive these relationships are and, sometimes, how they wished these oppressed folk had outlets for cheating.

Consider this quote from a man named "Tom S" on the AV Club's website:

Quote:Quote:

The other thing I kept noticing is how many terrible, terrible marriages there are in the show- Bemis's, the ones in A Stop at Willoughby, The Fever, A World of Difference, Escape Clause, etc. I don't think it's an intentional theme, but it reinforces how much better feminism and modern ideas about marriage have made things for everyone, in some ways- it sucks for an ambitious woman to be married to some nebbishy guy who will never get ahead in a world where there aren't really any options for her to get a career or to leave him, and it's not great for the guy, either.

Alexandra Kollontai: A Feminist Overcoming Love

[Image: Soviet-kollontai.jpg]

Oz Conservative has a great post about this woman name Alexandra Kollontai who does a great job briefly summarizing early feminist thoughts about love and companionship.

Key quote:

Love ... still played a very great role in my life. An all-too-great role! It was an expenditure of precious time and energy ... utterly worthless ... We, the women of the past generation, did not yet understand how to be free. The whole thing was an absolutely incredible squandering of our mental energy, a diminution of our labour power.

In order to build a better producer and consumer, feminists had to smash female love for their family, husbands and children. I truly believe that hypergamy is as bad as it is because of American narcissism, ability of women to sleep around before finding a partner and the media. Remember, when the movie "Gone With The Wind" came out, women were absolutely in love with the movie, with some women rolling in the aisles when presented with the character of Rhett Butler, portrayed by Clark Gable. "Gone With The Wind" was written by a woman. Shocking.

The fetters that Kollontai claimed to be overthrowing are little more than her descending into the depths of pure, unfettered narcissism. She places an incredible emphasis on women gaining financial independence and developing careers. This sort of thinking has lead to the birth of consumerism in America, which is constantly and laughingly attacked by feminists, even though they are the ones who did so much to usher in the social disease.

Part of this is the idea that men, as men, have autonomy in society. Women like Kollontai believed that men had autonomy as part and parcel of their patriarchal dividend. Women like her believed that if women are allowed to have jobs outside the home then they would get the level of personal autonomy that men had. They realized that wasn't true, but instead of admitting that, they engaged in the bizarre and twisted rhetoric that modern feminists engage in. Currently, sexual harassment in the workplace, being able to cry in the workplace without judgment and the mythical wage gap all represent feminist's trying to reconcile their enslavement to a job that doesn't love them with their fleeing the domestic sphere which featured people who did love them.

Which is precisely why feminists had to smash the patriarchal family into in order to put women's collective butts in their new kitchen - the cubicle. In the metaphorical cubicle, they would be liberated. Women in the 1940's spent much time working in factories and were summarily kicked out for the returning men. Many women were smarting and that chip on many modern women's shoulders is the latter-day manifestation of the aggrieved woman post WWII. Not only did they see the workplace as liberating, but also as positioning men against women as adversaries.

Feminists see gender role as positioning men and women as adversaries. That is false. In WWII, those men needed salaries to support their wife and family. They didn't kick out women because of their privilege, but because they need those jobs to be able to afford a wife and family. Feminists claim they are against men and women existing as adversaries, but they have set up a situation in modern society in which men and women are supreme adversaries. We compete over jobs, sex and even children. Our lives have gotten more complicated, more fraught with emotional issues and our collective mental state has collapsed.

Of course, women would claim that they have saved us from the monochromatic expressions of life that men have and into the glorious complexity of "real" relationships.

This whole "overcoming love" concept is not just rooted in smashing the family in order to facilitate the emerging consumer culture that would be fueled by women themselves, but also narcissism. She drops a word that suggests this to me:

Freedom, independence, solitude

Her emphasis on solitude in an independently financed dwelling strikes me as a nascent, brooding narcissist who wants to spend her days in a swanky apartment, surrounded by all the conventional trappings of socially-approved success, while living out delusional fantasies in her head.

Like Nora Torvald in Ibsen's "A Doll House,", Kollontai has fantasies of leaving her husband and rearing her children on her own. Of course, by that she means she wants a community of females to help raise her brood.

The overcoming love phenomenon is women desiring to revert to pre-civilization modes of human behavior. Kollontai seems to believe that sexual dimorphism is a product of patriarchy. You know, women run with the men on a hunt for wild boar. It makes no sense unless you consider hypergamy - it is just women and their alphas. In her head, this is equality as the betas and omegas they despise sexually are either outright ignored or used for utilitarian purposes. The wheat is separated from the chaff, so to speak, as her world involves only sexy men and women.

Feminist get extremely angry with movies like "Fight Club" because they involve men finding their masculine roots without female approval. They complain loudly about violence and misogyny, which is their pathetic attempt at inserting themselves into the world of men they find sexually alluring. Still, what feminists like Kollontai want is to exist in a base human world that is perverted by her desire for female say over the alpha's behaviors. They want to be to order them away, raise children apart from them and all that jazz.

The problem is that if women get that power over alphas, they go from perceived alphas to uncloaked betas. The overcoming love issue is the twisted, congealed wreckage of a female trying to simultaneously slake her hypergamic thirst while maintaining control over alphas.

This situation IS narcissism. If you conjure up fantasies in which the fantasy is a far cry from reality, in which you are in control - that is narcissism. When women dream of fantasies of controlling the alphas they desire, they are engaging in narcissism. When women, like Kollontai, fantasize about the lives that men live without reference to their actual lives, that is narcissism.

When confronted with the falsity of said fantasies and ideas, of course they feel guilt or shame. Narcissistic armor will always kick in and blame you, social structures or some mythical male privilege to explain away why their fantasies were little more than the self-absorbed dreams we tolerate in children, not adults.

Using The Time You Have

[Image: we-say-we-waste-time-alice-bloch.jpg]

Another way to look at this episode is to consider that you need to use the time you have.

We see an elderly couple to seeking to dip themselves in the proverbial fountain of youth. A telling moment is when the elderly woman recoils in horror when considering her newly-youthful husband's physical state.

You could, and I did, characterize her shock as her realization that she will die before her husband, but there is another take.

She could be reacting they way she does because she realizes that they are thwarting the arc of life. Both she and her husband's desire to be youthful again certainly is natural, but horribly misguided. She could be realizing that they lived a good life: happily married, raised kids and had a full life. She could be realizing they could be risking the happiness of a life lived together on the short-sighted desire to be young again.

It is a universal desire to be young again. Even I still am just in my 20's, sometimes I really wish I could be 21 or 16 again. Not just the youth and the irrepressible optimism, but the wealth of personal experiences. Learning game for the first time, graduating college and getting that first job that gives you serious independent income. A myriad of experiences that are intensely personal and extremely gratifying. Memories that can be reflected on for a lifetime, memories that bolster confidence and happiness. The reality is those memories can only be experienced once.

Ultimately, the past is best left in the past. While this couple isn't trying to relive their youth, they are trying to carve out a new life with their whole live's memories intact.

Could you imagine living in a world in which everybody knew they had a permanent reset button? It couldn't work precisely because many people would claim they don't need to get their lives together because they can always swap bodies and get a new eighteen year-old lease on life.

While the episode is certainly a kind and touching story about lifelong love, it really can and should be taken a warning. You don't want to be that person desperately seeking a body swap at the last minute because you pissed away your life. You don't want to be the last person in line at the gang-bang of life.

The truth is we only get one shot at this life. We only get one chance to live novel experiences - the first time having sex, falling in love, becoming your own man, etc. You have to use the time you have because their will be no body swap when you hit 65.

I recall two men I met in my youth. One man was borderline alcoholic, divorced and worked a high-paying, but high-stress job. He was usually angry, irritated and often prone to outbursts about the bullshit of life. The other man was a man of no serious means who lived in a quiet and small house with his wife of over 40 years. Both men frequented the business I first worked at. As to the former man, I would always inquire as to how he was doing. He would always have some angry, disgruntled complaint about life. The mortgage, the boss, the ex-wife, all that. The latter man was always jovial and friendly. One day, I asked why he was always so happy living in a poor community. He replied, "Life is what you make it. To me, it is beautiful."

That latter quote is important. In order to make sense of the world and see its beauty, you have to use the time you have. You can't just wander through the flower patch and smell the roses, you have to work every day to make sure that the reality of your life in head is what you do every day.

Time is the most important resource you have as a man. Not money, not social status and certainly the women who desire you. It is the world's most precious resource - time. You can earn more money, you can learn game and get more women and you can gain social status. But you can't bring back yesterday. That script is already written and cast into the annals of history.

You have to use the time you have precisely because you will never have more it. You don't want to be that middle-aged man trapped in a life he hates because you spent your time pursuing worlds you never truly desired.

Conclusion

[Image: Rod+Serling+rodserling.jpg]

"The Trade-Ins" was yet another incredible episode of the Twilight Zone. Serling's ability to penetrate deep in the human psyche is why this series will always stand the test of time. The show has excellent writing, insight and the characters & ambiance are timeless.

It showcased the life-long love between a man and woman. This artifact of society has been crushed and discarded by feminism. Feminists pretend they have made society better because of it, but, in reality, have just destroyed love and happiness, replacing it with consumerism and narcissism. This proves, once again, feminism is little more than a wrench in the toolbox of the elite.

Yet, the episode highlights how a man has to use the time he has. Men don't get do-overs in their life. There is no fountain of youth. You have to spend your most precious resource - time - in a way that reflects the man you want to be.

It, by far, is the greatest investment you will ever make in your life.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Again, you have to start forming this in a blog, not left to dwindle here on RVF archives.

Seriously, if you don't, and you ever disappear from the manosphere, I'm going to collect all your essays, bundle them and plagiarise them as my own.

This stuff has value.