rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

response to Roosh's latest?

The blog today was pretty epic.
Still trying to digest it all

Great blog post and seems to be inspired by a lot of the dick measuring he has seen on the forum over the last 3 months or so (and still going).

Here is the part that concerns me that was not addressed. Once you learn game it becomes harder and harder to make an emotional connection or any real connection at all with a woman. I'll explain with a quick example:

Out on Saturday with a girl I've been seeing and we go to a lounge.

To my left a girl checks us out, her and her friend are drinking then a bunch of drunk dudes with no game come over to "get at them".

Immediately in my brain: 1) shirt doesn't fit, 2) wrong colored shirt for his outfit, 3) weak ass line asking her to dance immediately because of,, 4) he is overly drunk, 5) he should have approached her alone 2 dudes at the same time = swarming negative impact on her hind brain.

When they get blown out I look over, the girl I am with is gazing off and quickly wink at her and say "hope you meet someone different". They laugh, both flip their hair and immediately the girl with me says the same shit "OMG what happened what did I miss?" I say "nothing" go back to the girl I am with.

So what is the point?

The point is once you know they are all the same what is the point in ever getting into any sort of relationship? I really have no answer for this. They are all the same.

Good blog post.

I think this all depends on a few different questions.

Why did you get into the game- did you get into the game to bang a lot of girls, or did you do it to be able to secure one in particular (an existing oneitis, or a future girl)?

Do you believe that game is a skill with no limits- that there is no boundaries to what can be accomplished with the correct practice, persistence, patience, inspiration?

Can game make your life better- does the game give you more options and freedom thus enabling you to get what you want from life, or does it actually push contentment further away as you become knowledgeable, skilled, and develop a very sensitive palate and high standards that most girls can't live up to?

To the first question, I'd like propose that maybe the one girl and the many are all just branches on the same tree. Some of them are low hanging fruit with mediocre taste but still provide sustenance. Others are higher up on the tree and more difficult to get but have better taste and are more inspiring. Of course, there are also the fruits that got so bloated that they fell to the ground and are fermented and rotting, but we avoid those.

I consider myself to be a romantic person- I have fantasies about a better situation, an arcadia, and a very strong sense that I'm living in dark and morbid circumstance.

I have a deep sense of longing for something that I have rarely been able to connect with. Occasionally, I catch a glimpse of it.

At the very least, I want to be able to have access to what I want, whatever it is, when I want it. Maybe this means a lot of different girls, maybe one- it doesn't matter.

Without game, I'm pretty sure I'd have very little options. I've racked up many more notches this year and that wasn't even my goal. My goal was to push for higher quality. The jury is still out on whether or not getting a high notch count can help build towards higher quality, but I'm inclined to bet that it can. I've been hooking up with girls of varying qualities, and have been getting a better sense of how the parts of the tree function. There is something to be said for experience.

Some notches are ego boosts, and others can actually bring the ego down a little.

The truth is that I do have insecurities in the sense that I don't feel like I've reached my true potential or expressed myself completely.

If I knew the magic formula to get what I want, I'd use it. At this time, I believe that I'm doing everything possible to build towards my goals.

Maybe there is a way to beat the game. I feel like Jonah going into the whale.

that thread was dope.

here's two quotes that resonate strongest with me:

"At the same time, I noticed I got an easy high not from sex, but new sex."

"In the middle of sex, your mind thinks of messaging friends a “+1″ text."

in a sense, banging new girls brings enormous satifaction by deepening male friendships. the question i would ask au contraire is whether it's worthwhile losing the competitive urge, the stories and the ego-stroking for the sake of just base-level sexual gratification?

I think his post brings up the bigger question of what is the purpose of life? If its chasing girls, then it at least gives us something to frame our other interests around

travel for foreign pussy and cool new stories
Work at a job to afford the car/apartment/bottle service/clothes to impress women
Stay healthy in order to attract women
Get style to attract women and/or gain respect
Read books to understand women and be more interesting to them
Learn a foreign language to pick up foreign chicks
Gain hobbies to become more interesting to women

As a fan of Dawkins selfish gene theory and evolutionary psychology, I believe that modern civilization wouldn't exist if not for guys trying to get laid. We are programmed by nature to spread our seed.

At the end of the day are there really that many things in life that have value completely independent from the impact that it has on your dating life?

I notice that almost non of my friends into game are religious - religious people already have a reason to live so they don't need to define themselves by getting chicks.

So yes it is about feeding the ego, and perhaps it's a false illusion, but couldn't you go all Buddhist and say that life itself is an illusion?

Maybe I'll think differently when I'm old with kids, I don't know. But until someone tells me what the purpose of life is, chasing girls seems like a good way to make decisions.

Man he wasn't kidding when he said he was coming full circle after his hiatus. But great post nonetheless.

Man I had the same thoughts after reading. One of roosh's best posts.

"Man's ego is the fountainhead of human progress." - Sure, chasing notches in an ego stroke, but it's resulted in all of us here becoming substantially better men. If it weren't for Roosh's ego, this forum wouldn't even exist. And that would be a goddamn travesty.

New notches are simply paid dividends on a smart investment: your ego-driven self.

Bravo. I learned from a very simple marketing/selling book I purchased about 15 years ago that the ego phase is merely the 2nd phase in mental development, in which 30-40% of the entire population operates from.

It is the mind phase that leads to the pleaser phase in which you recognize to get what you want, you have to please other egos. In Roosh's case some examples might be, $$ from an audience and a wet dick for performing his root learning research on banging women across the globe. He's pleased other ego's, by default or planning, to get what his ego wanted.. temporarily.

This link is awesome for perspective on how to deal with people, including yourself and your own mental development, by striving to operate from a universal mindset.

Operating out of any one phase for too long probably isn't all that healthy.

Great post Roosh!

Ultimately I think too many sex partners is bad for both men and women. Obviously that threshold is lower for women, but beyond a certain point, men as well will hit the law of diminishing returns and then it becomes psychologically damaging. Roosh's post was a good cautionary tale. I think as men, we need to make sure we had our fun and sowed our wild oats so that we don't spend the rest of our lives worry about what we might have missed out on. At t the same time we don't want to get to the point where we are incapable of actually loving a good woman that would be a great addition to our lives because we can't dispense with the thrill of new pussy.

The playa lifestyle if practiced on a large scale is socially destructive. It can only work if it's refined to just a few years of your life and for a relatively small number of men.

^ this right here gets to me.

What in the world is a good woman?

I agree with the vast majority of the post, 1) don't bang girls to brag to your friends if that is your purpose you're wasting your time and 2) don't use bangs for ego stroking.

The underlying problem it seems, is that once you learn game at a high level how in the world are you going to find a good woman. You know with certainty they act in the same fashion, so how can you possibly throw away the player lifestyle.

You see the married women checking you out.
You see the girl you're with give a flash of interst in another direction
You have watched women straight lie as they text their boyfriends/husbands in your very own bed knowing you would have been fooled just a few years prior
You have banged chicks who were Virgins, who were rich, who were highly educated, who were not educated, who were with their boyfriends for 5+ years and the list goes on...

Certainly a conundrum.

Quote: (07-15-2013 02:49 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

I agree with the vast majority of the post, 1) don't bang girls to brag to your friends if that is your purpose you're wasting your time and 2) don't use bangs for ego stroking.

The underlying problem it seems, is that once you learn game at a high level how in the world are you going to find a good woman. You know with certainty they act in the same fashion, so how can you possibly throw away the player lifestyle.

You have watched women straight lie as they text their boyfriends/husbands in your very own bed knowing you would have been fooled just a few years prior

Certainly a conundrum.

Why can't you just enjoy it for what it is?

You enjoy a woman's company and spend time with her until you don't enjoy it any longer. Who cares if she is good or bad.

No woman is good or bad they are all the same is my point. I have no hatred or anything if that's what you're referring to.

What I mean is, you can't really have a relationship with a woman because you know her attraction to you is just a bunch of correctly pressed buttons. I'm not stupid enough to think another dude with stronger game + richer + better looking or whatever can't take her away. It is what it is.

I chose that first date venue for a reason, my apartment is set up for a reason, I talked to her friends for x minutes for a reason, made the move at x time for a reason, the list goes on.

It's all very surface, hang out laugh drink bang c ya next week. That's what I am referring to.

Quote: (07-15-2013 02:49 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

You have banged chicks who were Virgins, who were rich, who were highly educated, who were not educated, who were with their boyfriends for 5+ years and the list goes on...

Certainly a conundrum.

A good woman is a woman that is like my mother. She was nurturing, she both worked and took care of the home, she wasn't a feminist, I'm pretty sure she hadn't been with many men before my dad, I'm 99.999% certain she never cheated on my dad, packed my lunch before school, helped me with my homework, stuck with my dad through thick and thin, etc etc.

I know she comes from a different era and it's harder to find such women in the West, but if you go for non-Western women they are still out there.

I respect Roosh's blog post, but there is no middle path w/out extremes. You have to push the envelope and live a little. Everybody is different...

If I had to venture a guess, most people aka 95% are living too little instead of living too much.

Its a higher-level problem, but kudos to him for having the introspection to realize it.

Edit- I have long ago stopped keeping active track of # of bangs (I do have ballpark numbers). BUT I am a fan of photographs/pictures and videos. My life has been ridiculous and w/out these archives I wouldn't even remember half of it. Seeing 1 picture from 5 years ago brings back a flood of memories.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Mature and perceptive blog post by Roosh. I think it relates to 2Wycked's post about overcoming narcissism, which didn't get the attention it deserved, IMHO.

It strikes me that we are in a narcissistic arms race with women. Their sources of narcissistic supply are increasing seemingly exponentially (viz Patricia's Smartphone), and in response we guys have to jump though more hoops just to get noticed by them. Because of the often high sunk-costs of gaming women, we end up attaching more value to the notch than we should do, and that means we go in for bragging and other ego-inflating behaviours. "I really twisted myself in knots to get all of this pussy, so it's worth shouting about, right?... Right, guys?" I know I haven't expressed the idea as well as I could have, but I think there's some truth in there.

It's always been obvious to me that Roosh was a good guy who was forced into the lifestyle by a sick society that punishes decent dudes.

His post can be summed up rather simply, "Be true to yourself."

If you're a sex-crazed lunatic, bang as many women as you want.

Just don't start banging other women for the sake of what other men might think.

roosh: sex is about having an exciting, thrilling, beautiful, sensual, tender, inspiring experience with a girl who is feminine, sexy, warm, and caring. read my post about it, or what krauser wrote back in 2011.

http://rivsdiary.wordpress.com/2013/07/1...tiful-sex/

http://krauserpua.com/2011/10/31/which-g...-you-like/

@mikeCF

"It's always been obvious to me that Roosh was a good guy who was forced into the lifestyle by a sick society that punishes decent dudes."

this part is true.

american girls can fuck up any man.

it sounded like roosh was getting better in poland, i wonder what happened.

I presume people are talking about this: http://www.rooshv.com/ego-sex

I never went for ego sex. I learned game because I was in too much emotional pain never getting laid. I think this line says it all: "my game wasn’t yet sociopathic and borderline abusive, which girls from America love most. I developed feelings for her, saying and doing things that were too nice. She dumped me."

I'm very glad that, when I finally got laid, I was in a country -- Mexico -- where long term relationships with good men still mean something to women.

Quote: (07-15-2013 03:55 PM)rivelino Wrote:  

it sounded like roosh was getting better in poland, i wonder what happened.

He probably found out he didn't need as much sex as he thought he did.

Also, people change and grow over time.

That's why I smirk when 25 year old guys start posting about "life." A couple of years out of college and guys know what?

He's also run into the hedonistic treadmill.

After you bang so many girls, each successive bang brings less pleasure.

Why do you think so many rock stars and other celebrities use heroin and become bisexual? They have already exhausted every form of heterosexual pleasure and move on to something else in other to get their "fix."

You can either try doing more and more extreme things to get a dose of pleasure or you can hop off the treadmill and stop seeking random, transient doses of pleasure.

That said, other guys are different. Some guys have really high sex drives and a compelling need for strange.

Roosh isn't gonna say that those guys are wrong, so why would those guys say he is wrong?

Again, it all comes down to living for yourself. Do what you do because you want it, and not because some peer group or group of guys online pressures you into doing it.

I think there's a baseline hotness along with a baseline frequency, when it comes to repeat bangs. Below a certain attractiveness threshold, desire can fade completely.

^ I've got this problem Blaster.

Even new women who I find objectively good looking, I am sometimes not attracted to. Women below a certain threshold (6s for ballpark numbers) are women I can't repeat bang unless they show a considerable amount of feminine/nurturing qualities.

Quote: (07-15-2013 04:03 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

After you bang so many girls, each successive bang brings less pleasure.

yes, but what about aiming for *higher quality* girls? that's the part i still don't get. you could see it in his writing. chasing quantity of pussy, chasing flags, doing the whole challenge of getting a new flag in a new country in 48 hours -- the ultimate test or whatever he called it -- and he would even say that he was just looking for a decent flag, a 7 or even a 6.

what happened to actually enjoying the experience?

and now, he has gone to the other extreme, and sees sex as just a basic urge to satiate -- again, not focusing on enjoying the experience with a sensual, feminine, caring girl.

sex is supposed to be a celebration of life, like fine dining.

before, roosh was just stuffing his face with decent food, and now he just wants to eat the least amount possible to not go hungry.

the idea should be to eat delicious meals.

"Higher quality" to whom? The guy on the street whose girl is better than yours? Quality beyond a certain range (7 or 8) hits the diminishing returns curve like anything else. Anyone who has pursued 9s knows there is a larger cost of success with no guarantee of increased pleasure besides the rush of the first or second bang. Most guys go for higher quality to be approved by other men ("check out my hot girl"), not because the girl herself makes him happier.

No one here is saying bang ugly girls, but "quality" is a trait that must always be compared to other men and their girlfriends, so you're just trading one ego goal for the other, and are still spinning in the same wheel. If comparison was not possible, the boner test would guide your behavior.

If anything, having a goal of quality is even worse than blind notches, because at least with notches you can measure it, but as anyone who has had long relationships, you desensitize yourself to the appearance of girlfriends, so that trait brings you lower pleasure as time goes on.

The boner test is a good guide here. The older you get, the less sensitive your boner is, so moving up in quality is built into the crust, so to speak. There is a gradual increase in quality as time goes on and your value goes up, so I don't see it as something that warrants a specific goal. That said, I do pursue girls on the top end of the beauty curve, moreso to appreciate beauty for its sake, instead of to feel better about my station as a man.