rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tempe, Arizona

Tempe, Arizona

Just a disclaimer before I give a basic rundown, I am a newbie when it comes to game. Also, I turned 21 a month and a half ago, so please take what I say about the bar scene with a grain of salt. As I continue to explore the nightlife, I will have more to say, but here are the basics for now.

Day time:

Cartel - Coffee shop. It's an upscale hipster place, so it attracts a lot of hipster girls. Surprisingly, there are a lot of hot normal girls who run through here. It is large, and has a lot of seating. If you meet a girl here, and she likes you, you can very easily take her over to Otto's Pizza for a slice of pizza, or to Casey Moore's for a couple drinks. Cartel is literally in-between the two.

Xtreme Bean - Coffee Shop. It is a nice place. Has a hipster vibe mixed with middle class folk. Nice people. It attracts a lot of smokers due to outdoor seating. There is a so-so bar across the street, and a Taco Bell if you want to take a girl you find there somewhere else. One thing to note: there are some hot-as-balls girls here during school time, but some of the regulars are a little off the walls.

Tempe Town Lake - I went running here a couple times, and there are some stunning girls out there during the day. Don't know how you would open a chick who is on a run, but man a couple of them were pretty damn attractive.

Memorial Union - This is essentially a massive food court in the center of ASU. Around 11-3 during school, it is stuffed with people. A lot of stunners roll through here. Best place to meet girls would be by chilling on the patio, and talking to people around you. There is a Starbucks and Einstein Bros inside. During there busy hours there are always a few hot girls waiting for their coffee or some pastry. It is very easy to walk up to one and say, "So, what did you order?" and start a conversation.

Hayden library - This the main library right next to the MU. The ideal place in here to meet women is in the concourse area. You walk in and it is to the right in the area that is slightly elevated from the entrance. It is essentially a bunch of open tables. Very easy to go here, sit down at a table, start reading or writing something, then you simply start talking to the people sitting in tables around you.

Buffalo Exchange - This is a clothes exchange place. A lot of people go here to buy overpriced used clothes as a way for them to try to join hipster culture. Every time I have stepped into this place, there is always some upper class girl there who is insanely hot.

Mill Ave - The shops have a lot of hot girls here during the day. The bars, I would avoid unless you are trying to get to know the staff on a more personal level. There is also a Starbucks here if you want to do some coffee shop game. I have not been here very often (not a Starbucks fan), but I am sure success could be found especially since it is surrounded by restaurants and bars.

Night time:

Bar Scene:
One thing to note about the bar scene, lots of groups of people. The crowd is primarily young people from the age of 21-26, college crowd. Also, I have not included all of the bars, only the ones I have been to/the ones that come to mind.

Handlebars - Middle class white people are the main people who go here. From what I have seen, I would say it is a 50/50 split between men and women. There is a lot of seating, so you are going to have to approach women sitting down at a table for the most part.

Canteen - Again, middle class white people. I would say this one is a 50/50 split from what I have seen. This place does good business. A lot of seating, there is a 50 person dance floor, a bar, and a large smoking patio.

Cue Club - This is the most popular place on Mill. It is very male oriented. It is a dark bar that has you going down a tunnel of people to get to the back that opens up into an area where people are playing pool. There are some stunning girls that come through those doors, but I would say it is about 2/3rds male. A great place to go with friends to chill, but hard to meet someone.

Moonshine - This is a country themed bar. It is very female oriented. Guys tend to avoid this place because they don't like country music, and the fact that the bar is built around the dance floor. It is about 2/3rds female. Very possible to meet someone, especially if you like dancing to country music.

Vintage - This is a dark seedy bar. It is well known that the owner straight up raped a prospective worker. The crowd that goes there, have a similar vibe. Super sluts and guys who are sketchy as all hell.

Gringo Starr - Jersey Shore weirdness. This place is a bar with an odd arcade theme. It has arcade machines in it, along with skee ball. Another place that is about a 50/50 split. Everyone in there makes me think of Jersey Shore. Super hot chicks that seem like they want to be sluts, but are not too sure if that is their thing. Then there are guys who have oddly shaped bodies because they work out some muscles way more than others.

School of Rock - This is a strangely massive club. You go up a flight of stairs. To the left is a bar, and to the right is a massive dance floor with hundreds of people bumping and grinding to the music. The crowd is pretty much hoodrats, but some are sexy as hell.

Fat Tuesday - It is a bit of a trashy bar. It gets a decent amount of people, but there are stories of tons of fights breaking out.

Casey Moore's - At night the crowd transforms from blue collar guys, to a bit of a hipster crowd. There are some fine as hell hipster girls who are in here. I would say it is a bit more difficult to meet someone here because the focus is on people meeting up in groups and chilling together.

Firehouse - This is a bar/club transplant from Scottsdale. It has a very constructed feel to it. It is less of a unique place, and more of an extension of a business. I have not been inside during peak hours yet, but I have heard that it is "popping" around 12AM or so.

Bad Mother Cluckers - This is a large bar. In the back there is corn hole, throughout there are a few bar games. It has a feel to it like it is a large frat party, so it attracts that crowd. During school time, chances of meeting a sorority girl and fraternity guys when the place is doing well, are very high.

There are a lot more bars, but these are the ones I have been to so far (or have heard about).

Other:
Marquee - The Marquee is down Mill Ave all the way across the lake. It is a smaller venue that fits about 800 people. Still there are some good shows here. You can talk to some people before the show. In between sets there are some girls out on the smoking patio looking for someone to hit on them. During the show, I do not know. People are focused more on the music.

Closing Comments:
This is pretty much everything I know about Tempe, outside of things that are specific to being an ASU student.