rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lupe Fiasco Speaks on The Zimmerman Verdict

[Image: attachment.jpg13302]   

Not every celebrity took to Twitter to lambaste the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the hotly debated case of Trayvon Martin's death.
Rapper Lupe Fiasco served up a series of thought-provoking tweets that, agree or disagree, set him apart from his peers.
Rub your face in it! Swallow down that hard pill! Black blood spills in the streets of America nightly at the hands other blacks
Yeah gimme that anger...once again that rage...that misguided angst when you true enemy is your own complacency and cowardice.
Curse kick scream yell tweet unfollow. Don't matter to me if y'all don't start valuing yourselves N*****S will be in the same boat tomorrow
Nobody knows what really happened except trayvon and Zimmerman. The justice system relies on reasonable doubt not our emotions.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2...rman-crime

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Love it when a black man doesn't dance to the strings of the white liberal would-be puppet masters.

I'd love to see blacks demand their right to bear arms, since it is they (as a race) who are most affected by violence. Then they'd see just how much white liberals give a fuck about them (or not).

Love Lupe's reaction. Reject the media's narrative, understand that the law's hammer should be based on evidence not the media's characterization of a night no one knows enough about to convict someone over.

There are deeper societal problems here than what is being presented.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

He's right.

Young black teens with decent heads on their shoulders are killed every day by other blacks for no good reason.

This one died for a piece of chicken.

This 3 year old died for no conceivable reason at all:

This one got murdered for getting pregnant:

And this woman's child, like many other young black men, got killed fighting over some hoodrat:

I could go on, really, because this shit happens every day. Lupe is right to note that people have been "dancing to black death" for some time now. There is a lot of music out there that kind of glorifies the idea of killing for no good reason (ex: murder over a silly beef or over a girl, etc), yet people love it.

Young blacks with nothing wrong with them get offed for absolutely no good reason at all. And yet in spite of all this, people only get up in arms when a white (or, in this case, a mestizo who could be mistaken for a white hispanic) person does the killing.
People are trying to say that the Trayvon case proves that black lives are less valuable. I don't support Zimmerman, but I have to say that if this case supports the low worth of black life, then black-on-black violence (and seeming tolerance for that violence) absolutely establishes it.

Blacks are killing each other for FAR less in the black community, and nobody cares to talk about that. This is the problem.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Quote: (07-14-2013 08:48 PM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

Blacks are killing each other for FAR less in the black community, and nobody cares to talk about that. This is the problem.

Like Slim Dunkin. Killed over a piece if candy.

Agreed. So how do we change that?

Seems to me that the black community needs to tell Al and Jesse to take a long walk off a short pier, and I'm sure some do, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the media suppresses any internal dissent in the black community with respect to these so-called civil rights leaders who are doing nothing productive for the black community and essentially lining their own pockets and doing their liberal white masters' bidding.

My $0.02 is that we know what the problem is, but it would be politically incorrect to talk about it publicly: inner city America is the petri dish for liberal policies. Think about how government is the surrogate husband and father in the ghetto. When that happens, responsible men are devalued. Women look only for alpha because reliable beta isn't providing much more for her than her government husband. Black women are uber-feminist in their own way, and then they wonder why they can't get a man to stick around. And we pay these women to breed - once again, since their is no incentive to keep a reliable beta around, she just looks to get knocked up by alpha thugs. Young boys growing up see that the only way to pussy is athletics, music, or gangs. IMHO, black America needs to reject liberalism and the Uncle Toms who keep them second-class citizens.

About time someone uses common sense but Lupe is a really smart dude. Although I think Zimmerman profiled Martin and should have stayed in his car like the operator told him to. Although he took those actions he did nothing illegal, I think the "Stand Your Ground Law" is stupid. I mean any nutjob with a gun that feels "threatened" can shoot you dead and justify it. I hope this case allows black people to take a closer look at the black community because there is a lot of hypocrisy as we have so much black on black crime and no one says or does shit but if another race does something to a black then everyone goes nuts. Personally I think Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are doing nothing for the black community and only act in self interest. I just wish my people didn't have such a victim mentality because not everyone is out to get us.

Here's a suggestion. Instead of having conversations about blacks killing blacks or blacks killing whites or whites killing blacks, how about we have a conversation about criminals and their victims. That's the only intelligent conversation to have. Everything else is race trolling.

Quote: (07-14-2013 09:25 PM)PrimeTime32 Wrote:  

Although he took those actions he did nothing illegal, I think the "Stand Your Ground Law" is stupid. I mean any nutjob with a gun that feels "threatened" can shoot you dead and justify it.
Please go read up on SYG (which is irrelevant to Zimmerman's self-defense claim) before you parrot gibberish that the rabidly anti-gun media told you.

.[/quote]Please go read up on SYG (which is irrelevant to Zimmerman's self-defense claim) before you parrot gibberish that the rabidly anti-gun media told you.
[/quote]

Just my opinion no need to get butthurt

Quote: (07-14-2013 09:25 PM)j r Wrote:  

Here's a suggestion. Instead of having conversations about blacks killing blacks or blacks killing whites or whites killing blacks, how about we have a conversation about criminals and their victims. That's the only intelligent conversation to have. Everything else is race trolling.

Noticing patterns = unintelligent. Obviously. Nothing to see here.

Quote: (07-14-2013 09:37 PM)PrimeTime32 Wrote:  

When ignorant people rely on media misinformation to vote for statist politicians to take away my rights, well, I get a little butthurt.

Anyway, here's a brief explanation:
Stand-your-ground law states that a person may justifiably use force in self-defense when there is reasonable belief of an unlawful threat, without an obligation to retreat first.

That doesn't mean I can shoot somebody who slaps me. Basic principles on the use of deadly force still apply. What SYG says is that I don't have a duty to retreat before meeting force with force.

For example, you walk out of a store parking lot with your girlfriend. Guy on the other side of the lot sees you and decides he doesn't like the cut of your jib. He takes a machete out of his trunk and yells across, "Hey asshole, I'm gonna cut you up" and starts walking toward you. Under the cowering-liberal principle of duty to retreat, you have a duty to retreat, even though you haven't done a damned thing wrong! Any force you use to defend yourself from this attacker without retreating first is unlawful. How fucking ridiculous is that?

Would it be wise to retreat? Hell yes. But why should the law impose an obligation on you to retreat when you've done nothing wrong? That rewards the attacker/intimidator, which encourages that kind of behavior. Under duty to retreat, your obligation to retreat continues as long as there is a place to retreat to (i.e., you start running, and he chases you, you have to keep running). Only when you are cornered can you defend yourself.

SYG recognizes that this is incredibly unfair. Under SYG, when this guy starts walking toward you, you can stand right where you are and if he gets close enough that he is about to attack you with that machete, you can shoot him/knife him/club him/whatever deadly force you choose to use.

Hopefully that clarifies things.

Quote: (07-14-2013 10:01 PM)assman Wrote:  

Quote: (07-14-2013 09:37 PM)PrimeTime32 Wrote:  

When ignorant people rely on media misinformation to vote for statist politicians to take away my rights, well, I get a little butthurt.

Anyway, here's a brief explanation:
Stand-your-ground law states that a person may justifiably use force in self-defense when there is reasonable belief of an unlawful threat, without an obligation to retreat first.

That doesn't mean I can shoot somebody who slaps me. Basic principles on the use of deadly force still apply. What SYG says is that I don't have a duty to retreat before meeting force with force.

For example, you walk out of a store parking lot with your girlfriend. Guy on the other side of the lot sees you and decides he doesn't like the cut of your jib. He takes a machete out of his trunk and yells across, "Hey asshole, I'm gonna cut you up" and starts walking toward you. Under the cowering-liberal principle of duty to retreat, you have a duty to retreat, even though you haven't done a damned thing wrong! Any force you use to defend yourself from this attacker without retreating first is unlawful. How fucking ridiculous is that?

Would it be wise to retreat? Hell yes. But why should the law impose an obligation on you to retreat when you've done nothing wrong? That rewards the attacker/intimidator, which encourages that kind of behavior. Under duty to retreat, your obligation to retreat continues as long as there is a place to retreat to (i.e., you start running, and he chases you, you have to keep running). Only when you are cornered can you defend yourself.

SYG recognizes that this is incredibly unfair. Under SYG, when this guy starts walking toward you, you can stand right where you are and if he gets close enough that he is about to attack you with that machete, you can shoot him/knife him/club him/whatever deadly force you choose to use.

Hopefully that clarifies things.

Great write up. SYG laws allow men to keep the personal honor and protect what is dear to them THEMSELVES - that's what men are built for! The risk to lose your life is far less than the shame you'll have to wake up to every day. No I have never been in that situation but if you know a little bit of history and evo-psych it's not a far stretch to imagine very real mental consequences for chickening out.

Fair enough, if this instinct is exploited you get world war 1.. But SYG laws are hardly the battles of Verdunne and the Somme.

Quote: (07-14-2013 09:25 PM)j r Wrote:  

Ah if it were only possible.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

The duty to retreat sounds like a crap law to me. If you run slower than the other guy he might catch up with you and hack your arms and legs off and dump your headless corpse in a pig barn, so investigators have to sort through half a ton of pig shit to find your fillings and match it up with your dental records, that is if they manage to piece everything together. It's machete-asshole who ought to be doing the retreating.

I don't think anyone would argue that this isn't a problem. I think what caused the eruption with the Zimmerman case is that he did what he did and wasn't arrested. Now if there's an incident of black on black violence and the cops catch the perpetrators, somebody is going the fuck to jail that night. That Zimmerman didn't go to jail given that he killed an unarmed teen is what caused the anger. Especially when it's perceived that the the races of the those involved had something to do with the outcome.

Quote: (07-15-2013 02:17 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I don't think anyone would argue that this isn't a problem. I think what caused the eruption with the Zimmerman case is that he did what he did and wasn't arrested. Now if there's an incident of black on black violence and the cops catch the perpetrators, somebody is going the fuck to jail that night. That Zimmerman didn't go to jail given that he killed an unarmed teen is what caused the anger. Especially when it's perceived that the the races of the those involved had something to do with the outcome.

While that's not an invalid point, I still don't see it bridging the gap between the outrage expressed at Trayvon's loss and the loss of so many other young teens for even less.

Also, many of the perpetrators of the gang violence I'm talking about run free all the time. They are protected by their local communities (who hate the police) and put on a pedestal by popular culture. Maybe Zimmerman was given a free pass he didn't deserve, but so are many troublemakers in the black community.

Why aren't African-Americans as anxious to eradicate these gangsters and their culture as they are to see Zimmerman put in jail?

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

[Image: laugh3.gif]

I keep laughing at the African-American establishment. I got a of heat on FB for saying that African-Americans are complete morons for not channelling this into an actual block of of action.

Its the gift that keeps on giving with Black America.

Leaders will either shill to be political, or do/say nothing to not be political. High profile figures like Lebron James or Jay-z say nothing, while the Sarptons and Jackson will be chest thumping all over media while directing no actions to keep their bosses happy.

Even the fact that no real direct action in the streets too place is shocking and I this is why:

Everybody was stuck in twitter and on the computer talking shit on Lupe for talking the truth the forgot to exercise they carnal and legitimate form of process every group of people has in the protest.

In Egypt 33 million march to oust a crony Government.

[Image: Biggest-Protest-Egypt-History-2-331x500.jpg]

There is 44 Million African Americans in the United States. But In American Millions of Blacks swarm twitter to say nothing about something in 140 characters or less.

Just like OWS was full of hot air so was the African-American talk on action if Zimmerman was acquitted.

Quote: (07-15-2013 03:03 AM)kosko Wrote:  

Even the fact that no real direct action in the streets too place is shocking and I this is why:

Out of curiosity, Kosko, what type of action do you think would make sense in this particular case?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (07-15-2013 03:07 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Quote: (07-15-2013 03:03 AM)kosko Wrote:  

Out of curiosity, Kosko, what type of action do you think would make sense in this particular case?

I'm still digesting it. I really did not pay attention to the trial, it was all fluff to me. I got annoyed at Canadian Blacks having some affinity to African-Americans, Martin, and gun culture that is what kind of what jolted me into it all.

I felt from the start this trail was a political moltov cocktail to create tense upheaval. Black America did not need to go down that road, but nobody would of been surprised if they did. The fact the verdict was handed down on a Saturday night in the dead heat of summer is almost liked they begged stuff to spill over and explode.

But a collective voice or action towards all Black victims would of been proper. Imagine if instead of tweeting non-sense and to "kill white folks" Blacks organized a march at that moment in cities all over America, does not matter your race, but just as a push back against bullshit, the system, violence, and this specific case.

Quote: (07-15-2013 03:18 AM)kosko Wrote:  

I felt from the start this trail was a political moltov cocktail to create tense upheaval. Black America did not need to go down that road, but nobody would of been surprised if they did. The fact the verdict was handed down on a Saturday night in the dead heat of summer is almost liked the beg stuff to spill over and explode.

Considering the media handling of this case and the public buying their irresponsible slant hook, line, and sinker it certainly does reek of that.

Beyond All Seas

Why do people care about this so much?

Z is a fat dude. He wanted those skittles.

Case solved.

Quote: (07-15-2013 03:55 AM)speeddemon Wrote:  

I'll bite.

- This is likely one of the biggest cases of the decade, and it is still is not over.

- It has the potential of bringing obviously tense race relations in this country to the brink, though so far the protests have been mostly non-violent.

- Repercussions from the case could possibly reset the precedence of how we deal with personal gun carries in this country and how the law applies in so-called self-defense situations, already extremely volatile issues.

- Not matter what you believe to be true, it is telling of the lengths our government is will go for political gains if they're willing to try a man twice (no matter how they weasel it into being legal). I see it as nothing less than an attack on an individual by the government. It's also alarming how quick people are to jump behind such tactics if the man being victimized is someone they don't like.

- Whether you care or not, it is a historical incident in the making.

- Yet another major instance of corruption and misleading via American media.

- If violence does lash out towards innocent whites because of a situation where no white person was even involved and where the non-white man showed every indication of not being racist against blacks, I daresay the African American community has a lot more to reflect on than the prevalence of violence in their culture. As a white person, I find it very interesting indeed to contemplate and discuss the logic of such misplaced emotion towards a demographic I'm a part of.

- As for African Americans, they have just as much reason to find interest in the case as I do, if not far more if they believe Trayvon was unfairly targeted and murdered.

- Many men, though not all, like to discuss politics.

I can understand if you don't personally want to discuss these things, but I'm not entirely sure why it would bother you that others do, as it is obviously interesting on many different levels. It's strange when men pop into other mens' conversations to purport that they don't care about the topic of discussion.

Beyond All Seas

That's cool that you bring up the black on black crime and all but. . .uh. . .well. . .I'm not sure if the guys who committed the crime . . . .

got off after being put on trial.

of course, then the question is, what about white on white crime? why aren't people really outraged about that?

or better yet. . .
Crime at all? I mean I'm sure you've watched the news. . .

But yeah anyway, I figure that Lupe (and the OP who keeps posting stuff about him) is race trolling/baiting.

Most of the black people I know. ..aren't upset. Disappointed? A little, but stuff like this is not new, and probably wont change.

oh and BTW, there *IS* community outrage against black on black crime in black communities. . .A N D communities have done a LOT of things to end the violence, or at least try to. . .

(they just aren't covered on CNN and nationally. . .which is another can of worms dealing with"the powers that be," "the establishment" and and "the man" etc etc etc)

A LOT of bad neighborhoods have cleaned themselves up over the past 5 years(speaking from experience: when I came back from overseas, many of the *bad* neighborhoods weren't bad anymore etc etc)

But I kinda think that threads like these are trying to appease some twisted sense of white guilt. . .when it really isnt the case at all. . . someone was killed, and the killer pretty much got away with it. in other similar situations and other states, hell even on the FOUMS when Fisto made the thread about getting into a fight, there were TONS of posts form many of the members here, warning against fighting and how "if you hurt someone no matter the situation, you could be in prison for a long time - and if someone were to die, that's murder/manslaughter etc etc"

But of course that doesn't get applied to the situation here. The sentiment is here: "It's a black kid that got killed, it must have been his fault, it has nothing to do with the system, how we participate in it, and how we collude by placing the blame on the victim etc etc" A lot of you guys don't even view it as a human being who was murdered.

This is the true tragedy, as it seems that the people who are viewing black lives in such low regards, are many of the very members of the forum.

Of course, I don't blame you guys, I mean you guys see what you see. You see the stereotypes on T.V. movies, and radio. Then you apply that filter to those who look like that regardless is they're acting that way or not. I'd do the same thing too - and sometimes I do. . .I'm not exempt from this either. . .but I do acknowledge all of this, while it seems that many members here want to cease looking at themselves, and circlejerk off by "blaming, and berating black folks, or at least saying "you guys don't deserve to be angry"

I personally think this is pretty disappointing for members of this forum - who are for the most part, high-caliber members (or up and coming) of their societies. I was expecting more from you guys to be honest. At least a bit more than the same people who posts these types of "points" (and not looking at all the sides) on less kosher mediums(i.e. youtube, yahoo comments, etc etc.)

I think you guys can do better than that.

. . .that's all I really have to say. Enjoy it or not, it's up to you.

Isaiah 4:1

Quote: (07-15-2013 04:23 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Quote: (07-15-2013 03:55 AM)speeddemon Wrote:  

I'll bite.

Thanks for your response.

I asked the question because I'm on vacation in SEA right now and have no idea what is going on in the case.