rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What do y'all think about the book, "Art of Seduction?"

I recently read both Art of Seduction and 48 Laws of Power which are both on Roosh's recommended readings. I liked Art of Seduction so much I've been rereading it again. But I was curious as to what other people thought about it. Has it helped you with your game in any way? I know it's not practical in the sense of using specific techniques, but it seems applicable in terms of applying it to inner game. Also it's helped me to see seduction or trying to get laid as an emotional arc as opposed to just random shit you do. Maybe a better question would be this: "How can we translate art of seduction to modern-day pick up?"

It has been a year since I read it, so I can't remember all the details. The most important thing is that it is fun to read and provides great historical context. For game-aware people, like most people on this forum, I think there is nothing to be learned.

If you have never viewed seduction as a process in which actual strategy is involved (like me in highschool --- blue pill "find the one" mentality), then yes, this book might be an eye opener.

Like the 48 laws of power; the lesson is not in the specifics, but in the fact that you learn that the shit going on around you is discernible and governed by basic principles. Robert Greene says in the introduction to 48 laws of power something along the lines of: there's no escaping the power games that people play. Your moral standpoint is irrelevant, your best bet is to be aware of it.

Also, are you saying you never viewed the seduction process as emotional?

The art of seduction is not a good book if your goal is to get laid, it is a good book to dominate girls that you will be seing for a long time. I liked the book because i enjoy playing with a girl mind and heart.

Quote: (07-12-2013 04:49 AM)GreenGranted Wrote:  

It has been a year since I read it, so I can't remember all the details. The most important thing is that it is fun to read and provides great historical context. For game-aware people, like most people on this forum, I think there is nothing to be learned.

If you have never viewed seduction as a process in which actual strategy is involved (like me in highschool --- blue pill "find the one" mentality), then yes, this book might be an eye opener.

Like the 48 laws of power; the lesson is not in the specifics, but in the fact that you learn that the shit going on around you is discernible and governed by basic principles. Robert Greene says in the introduction to 48 laws of power something along the lines of: there's no escaping the power games that people play. Your moral standpoint is irrelevant, your best bet is to be aware of it.

Also, are you saying you never viewed the seduction process as emotional?

I have, but I never really saw it as this long drawn out process like that. But like pitt said, I guess that doesn't apply so much to ons

Quote: (07-12-2013 01:58 AM)Shadowarrior Wrote:  

I recently read both Art of Seduction and 48 Laws of Power which are both on Roosh's recommended readings. I liked Art of Seduction so much I've been rereading it again. But I was curious as to what other people thought about it. Has it helped you with your game in any way? I know it's not practical in the sense of using specific techniques, but it seems applicable in terms of applying it to inner game. Also it's helped me to see seduction or trying to get laid as an emotional arc as opposed to just random shit you do. Maybe a better question would be this: "How can we translate art of seduction to modern-day pick up?"

I read Greene for the history lessons. The practical stuff he doesn't do, and leaves it up to the reader to find a way to implement the lessons.

That being said, I remember that the symmetry was off, but it's been a while. But there were more female archetypes than men. (again I could be off here)

That being said, I really should look at again after years of putting in work.

WIA

I've actually been thinking about something I remember from reading the book from a while back. The part where he says that the best person to seduce is not the happy and content person but the unhappy person thats lacking something in their lives... or something like that.

When Im out, especially during the day, the women I tend to open are the ones who don't have the stonefaced, serious look and who seem more content and open to talking. That point from Greene's book has got me thinking that maybe I need to approach more of the serious, discontent looking women b/c there's a good chance that those are the ones who are actually single and available.

This all came to me after talking to a single chick who had the stonefaced look and I made the comment that she does that for "safety first". She immediately lit up and said "YES EXACTLY!" and that when she's out in public her main concern is her safety. Something to think about.

Quote: (07-15-2013 10:46 AM)Vaquero Wrote:  

I've actually been thinking about something I remember from reading the book from a while back. The part where he says that the best person to seduce is not the happy and content person but the unhappy person thats lacking something in their lives... or something like that.

When Im out, especially during the day, the women I tend to open are the ones who don't have the stonefaced, serious look and who seem more content and open to talking. That point from Greene's book has got me thinking that maybe I need to approach more of the serious, discontent looking women b/c there's a good chance that those are the ones who are actually single and available.

The notion that a person's facial expression has anything to do with their relationship status is ridiculous. To my experience it correlates more with their buying temperature and being open to having a conversation. That said, open everything. [Image: banana.gif]

I don't really think it's a book getting made for the sole purpose of getting laid. More like an addendum to the 48 Laws of Power.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

I read and enjoyed the book, but it's about as practically useful as "The Game"- AKA fantastic for newbs, not exactly 'study material' for people on this forum. Call it light reading, it's a great coffee table book.

It did fucking pin my weakness though ("The Professor") and helped me be aware of it- avoiding being condescending and pedantic has gotten my dick much wetter. I would rate this book as 7/10 for self-development but a 4/10 for game.

One story stuck w/me- the story of the intentional drama. Playboy would go out and create drama, then get back to get together w/his lover and repeat this intentionally- Reason being- some girls need drama.

Its better to fabricate small dramas to keep big dramas away. I've adhered to this principle w/all girls, especially for the flighty, super-flirts and social butterfly types.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Greene is a flashy writer. Always looked forward to his next "Using an air of...".