rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If you really want to make a difference...

Meet and mentor/show/teach a guy something. We learn by doing not reading. There are lot of guys on here, I am sure, that are much better than me at picking up women, that have more knowledge and experience than I do. But as my signature states I have an open invitation to anyone that wants to meet me. I have never turned someone down and actually make an extra effort to meet someone I have not met before.

It's cool to write about your experiences and it's fun reading about them BUT if you really want to make a difference then the most effective way to pass on knowledge is giving guys the chance to experience it for themselves.

Don't them tell, show them.

It's just like hunting. You can't tell someone how to hunt. You have to show them. It's how animals do it, it's how the native Indians did it...for that matter it's the only way to do it. We bitch and moan about women and attention whoring but a lot of the writing on here is just the male version of that.

One more thing, I have met a lot of guys from here and for the most part they have all turned out to be cool and interesting - great guys. So if you are thinking you are going to meet a bunch of weirdos or something you don't have to worry about that.

It's also they best way to learn and improve yourself. When you can teach someone something that's when you really know it. It forces you to break things down and analyze what and how you do what you do and what your strengths and weaknesses are.

I swear I'm a born teacher. I love to teach. But the number one problem is that guys fear rejection too much to actually act out what you teach them.

We fear all kinds of things and yes it can take time to overcome a fear BUT as long as someone is willing to make an effort to do so that is what matters. Also you won't be able to help every guy but if you can help two out of every ten that's still 20%.

if the guy comes to me and asks i'll always help.

Ok, but I don't see anyone actually offering to do this. You see my signature, it's an open offer and it states exactly where you can find me.

I agree that most guys just don't wanna help out. We view other with too much suspicion to make ourselves completely available. I remember every single guy that reached out and helped me learn game -- but that's because its been so rare. There was one guy I met randomly in a club over ten years ago. He was a natural with game and he gave me pointers that made it seem so easy to get good looking girls; he pushed me to go and talk to girls. Of course I bombed but it stayed with me that a complete stranger spent a good chunk of time and energy to help me be better with women.

But bet that one guy that one night had more impact than on you than all the stuff you have read on here. Sure, some guys want to protect their identity, I can understand that but it's also a lot easier to talk about stuff than to actually do it and then it's even harder to try and teach someone else how to do it.

Quote: (07-11-2013 12:04 PM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

Ok, but I don't see anyone actually offering to do this. You see my signature, it's an open offer and it states exactly where you can find me.

I will be living in Tampa later this year. I'm down for a weekend meetup.

I'm currently teaching a guy and I think I've learned more by vocalizing what to do and showing them, more then anything else right now. Teaching really is the best thing you can do to get into a higher level of game. Plus it's awesome seeing a student doing well after you have taken him under your wing.

Sure, just let me know when you are here. Exactly, I find it more rewarding watching a guy do well with a girl than actually getting one myself these days.

Quote: (07-11-2013 12:53 PM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

Sure, just let me know when you are here. Exactly, I find it more rewarding watching a guy do well with a girl than actually getting one myself these days.

yea I'm fairly new to teaching but two weeks ago I had my first student get laid from my teachings. I was so proud! Really cute Swedish girl too!

I got this other student who just is fucked with how blue pill he has lived his whole life. Serious work in progress that guy. He has motivation and low standards though so I think he might be able to start somewhere haha.

Yep, it's like watching your kid do well at something, you feel like a proud parent [Image: smile.gif] I will and do give up girls all the time to my friends and other guys. I will open sets, bring them in, and just let them gradually take over. A friend of mine is dating a girl from a huge set I opened just so he could meet her but he was so excited it was worth the work.

Houston I need to hit you up so you can teach me how to pull them high school boppers.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

I could deffinitely use a mentor, so that's a great idea nomad. It can be tough learning it all through trial and error sometimes without feedback. Plus half the time I can't even figure out what I did wrong haha [Image: sleepy.gif] I'm a pretty down to earth dog and it's not like I'm some ugly freak but I could probably just smoke a little less weed, but then again I do live in British Columbia and I'm pretty sure it's just what we do here. Anybody in the 604 Want to meet for a couple beers or whatever send me a pm, cheers

Yeah if anyone wants to kick it in the san diego area, there's lots of cool clubs and bars here. I'd like to see how a true alpha male does pick up.

I'm in this situation, my band friends are under 30, tall, and decent looking and never approach. They wait for the, crazy and or, bitchy, pushy chicks to move first and of course this doesn't end well.

Since I'm much older, I'm in a position where if I open an 20-something they can't really rationalize that it's some horror-movie scenario. Wanting to teach them that's something that's a little hard for me is easily in reach for them is motivating me to approach while I'm with them.

Met with chambs88 on Miami Beach last night and spent over two hours running street game. It was hot and humid but it was fun. Walking for two hours in the heat will wear you out. He is finding out a lot of things you read may not work that well for you in real lifea and confidence is made of a bunch of little things that individually may not mean much but together means a lot

+1 to meeting up with Nomad. Highly recommended.

Watching him do his thing made me realize a lot of things I could do better. The biggest thing I took away from the few hours is the need to be close to someone when talking to them. As in, standing just within their personal bubble. It feels weird for me, but it's probably my worst tick at the moment. Very inspiring meetup and has me focused on making the next steps

So far I find it impossible to find a guy to talk about Game.

I am not at a position to teach someone but I'd like to share each other's views.

I think most guys would take that as 'we are at the gym and I correct his posture which will offend him'

I am not saying I watch guys and try to advise them. I am saying I can't even share the opinions with guys.

Noways, when I talk with guys, I just talk about something not related to game and hit on girls on my own.
It's funny how they want to say 'hi' when I am with a girl.

I am getting sick of those 'using people' mentality at bars.

Btw, was it easy for you guys to go out together for a day game? (concert, park, mall, some event)
I bet if I ask some guy 'hey wanna go to this mall to hit on chicks?' he would look at me weird.

Well, that's what you have this forum for. There are many guys on here that can help you. You can also try to find guys on here that live close to you. No point in trying to teach something to someone that's not interested in learning.

I'm down to meet if you're up to it. I'm pretty much useless regarding game though, so don't be too mad at me if I'm terrible [Image: undecided.gif]

I've got a ton to learn, like many of us. Yet I do know one thing for sure, if someone is not receptive to being taught or open-minded, you're wasting your time and with a vibe killer. I remember earlier in spring we went out in a group of 3-4 guys, and I was talking to one of the guys I met that night, agreeing there was some decent talent to approach.

I opened this 6.5 at the back corner of the crowded bar, who had some other 7-low 8's around her and in no time I had this 6.5 sitting on my lap at the bar. Dude was trying to open the bartender and I told him; "whatever you do, don't ask her her name, make her excited enough, even in this busy environment to ask for yours first (per Bang..ty Roosh). Like clockwork, as soon as he got all excited to be talking to her, the moment he asked her name, even though she was all caught up filling drinks, she split to the other end of the bar to wipe the freakin bar down. fail.

He then proceeded to tell me I didn't know what I was sayin.. yea buddy, whatever, I've had good teachers. The funny part is after that the group of girls in relative proximity to me saw him get shot down, the kino with the 6.5 on my lap escalated mutually, and the other 7-8's zeroed in all around me, and were throwing a lot of looks my way. Didn't swoop but ended with a few #'s that night after all, thanks to using methods I learned from Roosh and the community here.

whatever you do, don't ask her her name
-----------------------------------------
what? maybe I've been missing something. can someone elaborate on this?

Quote: (07-13-2013 10:02 PM)Teutatis Wrote:  

I'm down to meet if you're up to it. I'm pretty much useless regarding game though, so don't be too mad at me if I'm terrible [Image: undecided.gif]

Where do you think you need help? Can you approach a girl?

Men would like to believe that there is some formula you can follow that will produce consistent results - there is none. You can ask a girl her name or not ask her name it may or may not matter. 90% of the time a girl will have already made a decision about you before you even say one word. She will look at you and size you up based on the image you project and your body language. You can follow Bang to the letter and still fail and someone like Roosh can throw everything out and still succeed with the same woman in the same place and time. Why? Because of his experience and that experience has changed the image he projects before he even opens his mouth.

Books and forums like these provide knowledge but they don't and can't change who we are ONLY experience can do that. And in the end that is what will make things a lot easier. And he talks about this in the book he just does not emphasize it enough. You really have to go out there and approach 100 girls.

Quote: (07-13-2013 11:26 PM)Nomad77 Wrote:  

Where do you think you need help? Can you approach a girl?

Hmm, many things I suppose, but yeah, that's probably the biggest thing, I can't really approach.