rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Accent Game

Accent Game

This falls under actor stuff, but I'm wondering if there are any guys who use accent game.

You can get away with a lot if you have an accent, kind of like Borat. Also, girls think it is romantic.

I have a friend from Argentina who purposefully speaks bad English to enchant girls.

I also have an American friend who speaks with a gringo accent when he goes to Mexico, and an American accent when he goes to Europe. Instead of trying to hide it, he plays it up, and does very well.

I've incorporated Latin cadences and vowel extensions into my English, so when I'm out, I don't sound like a sterile white nerd.

Accent Game

Accent game works, man. I am a Brit/Yank in Vienna right now. My German accent is actually pretty solid but I tend to use English sentence structure when I talk and it makes the girls die of laughter. Apparently, my 'Denglisch' is quite endearing....

Accent Game

Girls seem to be interested in me a little more because they can never tell where I'm from.

Sometimes I play up accents (French, German, Russian, English) to fuck with them. Most of the time, I get asked where I'm from.Usually I make them guess and laugh when they inevitably get the country wrong. When I tell them I'm American, they still don't believe.

My favorite thing to do, however, was use this for day game in Germany. I would walk up to any attractive girl and ask them how my accent was in German. I'd say that I had been learning for a while and wanted some feedback. They would usually say that they could not tell where I was from, only that I sounded not German. Then I'd make them guess. Once I finally told them, I'd segue into conversations about how Germans and Americans are different and use various parts of that conversation to segue into new topics as I desired.

I befriended a lot of groups by making friends with a person smoking outside the bar doing this.

Wald

Accent Game

I know a guy who puts on a fake south african accent (he was born there). Ive witnessed at least 3 girls ask him "why aren't you black?!?!?!?"

The more 'upper class' british accent gets panties wet around here, but the best would have to be australian. Bitches love aussies, but I think they're more in love with the image of being with the stereotypical carefree ski bum aussie.

Just don't do an IRT accent and you're cool, oh that and manchester accent. No offense RVFers in manchester, but I fucked a chick from there. Hearing "foooook yaaahhhhh hoooooderrrr" when banging her was a total bonerkill.

Accent Game

I used to put on a quasi London-ish-Belfast-ish accent when I lived in Calgary.

I worked a bar there. They would dig the accent (it was very light) but when they would ask, I would just say "what accent" like they were retahded.

Had some fun with that one. I had this awesome wig, really high quality, and I would look like Mick Jagger in the 60's. A buddy and I would go down to a rock bar and play it up harder, full on accent.

Fun times.

Quote:Quote:

I know a guy who puts on a fake south african accent (he was born there). Ive witnessed at least 3 girls ask him "why aren't you black?!?!?!?"

Ha one of my best friends is from South Africa and white. I always fuck with girls saying I am bringing my friend from SA and they are all giddy expecting a large black man. Asian girls especially get really confused. Their little racist brains cant seem to comprehend.

Accent Game

Quote: (07-09-2013 07:24 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

The more 'upper class' british accent gets panties wet around here, but the best would have to be australian. Bitches love aussies, but I think they're more in love with the image of being with the stereotypical carefree ski bum aussie.

Just don't do an IRT accent and you're cool, oh that and manchester accent. No offense RVFers in manchester, but I fucked a chick from there. Hearing "foooook yaaahhhhh hoooooderrrr" when banging her was a total bonerkill.

The upper class accent is from the South. It's called "Southern Faery" mockingly by Northerners. In turn, the Northerners are called "Northern Monkeys" and are considered lower class.

Cockney comes from London.

Wald

Accent Game

I have a Russian accent, not heavy I guess. Never really noticed any additional interest or lack of interest because of that, other than chicks asking where im from. Maybe I should try to put on a thick accent for a change.

Accent Game

Having grown up in Europe and spending time in Melbourne, I've been able to catch on to accents pretty easily. It's funny how American girls love BBC English and OZ accents so much. I have a Chinese British buddy who's 5'4" who absolutely kills it when he comes to visit in LA. Helps that he's very debonair and makes bank in finance, but 90% of the girls mention the "sexiness" of the accent sometime throughout the night.

I've been trying out my Irish bit lately: basically shortening the vowels and speaking with more lilt throughout the phrasing.

Accent Game

I think that the New York accent is a turnoff. I have a slight one sometimes, but mostly I have a non-accent like many other people in America watching MTV in the 1980s-90s.

I think anything you can do create a simulacrum of pussy being stretched will turn a girl on. That's why they like when guys where tighter clothing or have bulging veiny muscles that look like penis.

Accent Game

Quote: (07-10-2013 01:46 AM)soup Wrote:  

I think that the New York accent is a turnoff. I have a slight one sometimes, but mostly I have a non-accent like many other people in America watching MTV in the 1980s-90s.

I think anything you can do create a simulacrum of pussy being stretched will turn a girl on. That's why they like when guys where tighter clothing or have bulging veiny muscles that look like penis.

Have to agree, can't stand NewYorican accents and Bronx is pretty unpleasant as well. US accents, especially California accents do really well in the UK and commonwealths. Guess you're right, just need to be mobile enough to employ your native accent in an advantageous setting.

Accent Game

The accent game is a useful way to self-entertain during approaches. After a while approaches start to feel mechanical, like youre just going through the motions because youve seen all the typical ways the approach can go and know how to react.

Throw in a fake accent and new life is breathed into you and you have to suppress your amusement.

Russian accent is a favorite and casually slipping in a Russian word here and there into the conversation for the extra lols of messing with her and seeing her slightly flustered reaction is priceless.

There are plenty of Jewish people in my neighborhood so I'm starting to get good at my Israeli accent. Also thanks to the abundance of cheap labor provided by Mexicans Im also getting good at the 'Spanish-Mexican' accent, which is really the same thing as a regular Spanish accent but with a large hint of depression and sometimes the chipmunk voice.

Try speaking with one accent and then in 5 or 10 minutes switch to another and watch her mind go "wtf?" as she tries to put two and two together and realizes youve been messing with her all this time.

Or go the long con route and use an accent whenever youre talking to her and your regular one when talking to others even when shes still around.

Accent Game

Thank you for starting this thread! It's been in my arsenal for some time haha

I speak German fluently and have been living here for about 4 years. By extension, I can fake a German accent pretty accurately, even to include regional dialects. While visiting LA for business one time, I tricked a 31 year old Cuban (hard 8) into thinking I was visiting from Europe. It's pretty simple, go heavy on the accent, and throw in a few foreign words/phrases to feign confusion.

After finishing up business in my hotel room, she left for about 20 minutes to get me a souvenir - a road atlas of the entire U.S. for "the next time you cross the pond" so I know where I'm at.

It amazes me to this day how perfectly it works - nearly universally throughout the U.S. - with most girls.

Accent Game

I can do a natural upper class Hampshire English accent very well (it is almost my normal accent). I think it is only good in America and Canada really.

Accent Game

My native accent is the New York Dialect. This thread made me reflect on the influence that this element of happenstance has had on me.

How it is received: This accent is catnip to girls, as my older male relatives have been pointing out since I was a teenager. To North American girls outside the New York metro area, this is how they think everyone in New York speaks because they saw it in a movie. So I cash in on New York's connotations of worldliness and sophistication, etc, with a touch of urban roughness thrown in. The girls in college tingled for it right away, lucky me. Ironically, within New York and probably Boston and DC too, the accent carries almost the opposite connotation: these old non-rhotic accents were pushed to the urban periphery two generations ago and they now signal a blue-collar origin and a high chance of being a civil servant (cop, fireman [that's me], etc.). However I still consider it an asset. It excites the urban office-slave SWPL chicks who are locked up w/ all those indistinguishable betas all day long, and it's a rock-solid conversation piece from which I can take off in a dozen different directions based on the situation.

How it has messed with me: Class distinctions among whites are alive and well in New York even if these days white is technically no longer a majority here. When I was young I started going to high school in Manhattan in a phonologically foreign environment: my new classmates spoke rhotic dialects pretty close to Standard English, or else they were immigrants with immigrant accents. This made me a provincial novelty, something I learned to play up, but with the predictable consequence of always having a certain social distance from the mainstream social structure there. I often thought that I'd be less noteworthy in that place if I were born in Hong Kong than Staten Island. I've had a chip—some say a boulder—on my shoulder ever since, which I think formed part of a strong foundation for running game.

Downside:
Lizards love novelty, and I love lizards, so I'm not complaining. But I think we all know that the consciousness of the truth about cats and dogs that RVF is based on, that forbidden knowledge that we come here to share, carries a price. So sometimes I don't want to be a novelty, and I don't want to be some SWPL chick's dirty stable boy. And if it's a girl from outside NY, I can't help thinking, this chick is blowing me in an alley basically just because I talk funny.... wtf?

Other notes:
I can segue pretty easily into Standard English, or even better Mid-Atlantic English (like William F. Buckley). I learned how from high school and then from having to speak to non-English speakers in a way they could understand when I travel or when I host couchsurfers. Mid-Atlantic is a nice option because it's novel and distinctive (chick crack) and it is a prestige accent, for when I need that. Also having this accent sparked my interest in phonology generally so I've read up a bunch on that, fascinating subject and helpful if you're going to learn some foreign languages.

Accent Game

What would you say is the best response for when a girl starts gushing and says "I love your accent, speak more for me!!!" ?

Accent Game

Quote: (07-11-2013 12:08 AM)VonAwesome Wrote:  

What would you say is the best response for when a girl starts gushing and says "I love your accent, speak more for me!!!" ?

Only if you teach me some words from your language. You can be my tutor/I will be your language master etc. Create a little identity bubble filled with inside jokes. You're ahead of the rest just by doing this.

Accent Game

Interesting experience with this yesterday. Was chilling in a bar and started talking to an Irish girl. (Accent and all)

I kid you not, I was able to pull off an English accent and she started asking me where I was from in the UK. ( I was born and raised in the US and I've never even visited the UK other than a transfer in London)

I do have a slight Polish accent with my English so girls can never guess where I'm from after I start changing to various different accents.

It's a really cool device but I wouldn't rely on it too often.

Accent Game

Quote: (07-09-2013 04:36 PM)soup Wrote:  

I have a friend from Argentina who purposefully speaks bad English to enchant girls.

I also accentuate my french accent. It's a turn-on for russian women, who most often are fond of french culture. I also include some french words or idiomatic expressions, proverbs, ect, in the conversation and inevitably see their legs opening slightly in an uncontrolled response.

Accent Game

Quote: (07-11-2013 12:08 AM)VonAwesome Wrote:  

I personally can't stand being treated like a seal, and it's bad frame anyway, so I'm not going to perform for them. But you obviously can't act bothered by it.

With my accent it usually takes the form of "Say 'park!' Say 'coffee!'" like inevitably sounding like orders to a trained dog. Sometimes even relatively nice girls will fall in to that routine, and sometimes the way they say it gives them away as real hard bitch cases, so it at least reveals some information. I should have a more solid set of routines for dealing with this; I guess in the past I've just deflected ("maybe later... nice tits—where are those from?") or reflected (talk about her accent if I think I have a read on it) or just stacked to something else.

PS that's a great read, placing the girl's accent, and it works better if the accent is not that exotic and not that easy to place. E.g., if you're in New York, telling an Aussie chick she sounds like she's Aussie = not a big deal. But if she's from Michigan and you put her in "the Great Lakes region" you will probably get a tingle out of her. Obviously this rests on your accuracy in actually placing the accent. James Bond did this in his first scene with Famke Jansen in GoldenEye: "Your accent... Georgian?" [Image: whip.gif]

Accent Game

I'm a 6 '3' 210pound black guy who has always lived in London except for last year when I went to a school in rural Virginia. To all I would just look like your normal African American so my contrast of size color got me a good deal of attention. Ghetto black girls found it really funny and I got a lot of love from preppy white girls too who maybe wanted to try a black guy but want to go for a ghetto one. That's where I stepped in. I'm going to a college in Alabama so I'm hoping for the same success.

Accent Game

Quote: (07-09-2013 07:24 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

Hey Western

How do you think a aussie accent would work out in EE. Or having an aussie accent but telling them ur from the Sates?

Lug

Accent Game

Quote: (07-09-2013 07:14 PM)Walderschmidt Wrote:  

My favorite thing to do, however, was use this for day game in Germany. I would walk up to any attractive girl and ask them how my accent was in German. I'd say that I had been learning for a while and wanted some feedback. They would usually say that they could not tell where I was from, only that I sounded not German. Then I'd make them guess. Once I finally told them, I'd segue into conversations about how Germans and Americans are different and use various parts of that conversation to segue into new topics as I desired.

I befriended a lot of groups by making friends with a person smoking outside the bar doing this.

Wald

That's pretty money. I'm gonna steal that [Image: smile.gif]