rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mexico's obesity epidemic

Mexico has an obesity epidemic:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/...ry-obesity

As someone who lived in Mexico for a few years, getting married down there before returning stateside, I can understand why their culture causes this problem: It is standard, in Mexican culture, for mothers to put more and more and more food on people's plates until people are bloated full.

This isn't too bad with a traditional high-fiber Mexican diet with nopales, guacamole, huauzontle, and tlacoyos, but the Mexican tradition of overeating is deadly when combined with high-fat low-fiber American foods.

When I was dating down there in Mexico, I put on my online profile "I will not date you if you have a BMI over 25". I got multiple angry messages from women who did not like my refusal to engage in fat acceptance.

While there are a lot of fatties in Mexico, there are still a lot of slim and very attractive Mexican senoritas and I had a far better dating life down there than stateside. The trick, especially with online dating, is to know all of the tricks women use to hide their weight (angled shots, shots that never show the belly, etc.) when reviewing a lady's profile.

Edit Thanks for moving this.

A population that is genetically about half Native American has just recently been introduced to the wonders of wheat. Carbs are more to blame than fat, especially specific types of carbs found in grains that these people haven't had time to adapt to.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Indeed. The obesity epidemic has already suprassed the obesity level of the USA. It is now at 70% of adult population and augmenting. May reach 80% in a few years.

By pure statistics, most HBs you met will be fat, so my experience in Mexico is that thin women (let alone ripped, healthy gym addicts) have a mathematically measurable advantage in their SMV, artificially propelling it to the roof even in their late 30s.

As a man, it is difficult and fiercely competitive to land a thin woman. Solid game, social proof, confidence, money, education, success, looks, all the arsenal is needed.

On the other hand, since 70% of men are also obese, going to the gym and being fit and ripped is an easy way (for a man at least) to stand from the masses of the obese.

You need to apply many of the rules for american woman, which are in the same category of obesity. The plus is that mexican women, while very cla$$ist, are nowhere near the level of bitching/whoring/feminisn of their american counterparts.Even the average 19 year american woman has much more game and sexual experience than regular 30s mexican woman.

yeah, obesity is a contagious plague. From my total non-scientific observations a fat person that doesn't care about being fat will little by little eventually turn everyone in his close social circle into fatties and it just keeps spreading out.
Fat parents -> fat kids
Fat friends -> fat you

Anyone in L.A. knows this.

L.A. always makes the list of fattiest or unhealthiest cities due to the large Mexican population.

When I was doing the dating thing in Mexico, I was keeping my weight under control by running on the treadmill for about 20 minutes three times a week, as well as lifting weights at the local gym. Gym game actually works pretty well down there; the girls at the gym I interacted with didn't nearly as many weight problems as the general population and there were a couple of potential dates I blew by not being more aggressive about the approach (this was when the entire PUA scene was just really starting and was nowhere near mainstream).

Another trick I did is the "date the fatty to meet her thin friends" game, which actually worked really well with me; I ended up living with three college-age girls nearly two decades younger than me. They introduced me to their friends and didn't even have much of a problem with me taking a girl home and having loud sex with her.

Getting the thin girl for me was a combination of online dating, gaming everywhere I could (on the bus, with co-workers, whatever), having high standards about who I would be more than friends with (Welcome to the friend zone, fat girl--and no benefits included, sorry), and keeping myself in good shape by going to the gym. It also helped that I am white and speak fluent Spanish (but, yes, black people have also talked about having successful game in Mexico, so it's a question of attitude and not race)

Looking back, I would have had better results elsewhere in Mexico--of if I could have tolerated a fattie "right now" girl (not the "right" girl, but the "right now" girl). It took nearly a year going from having very little if any game to being someone who was able to take the hot girl home with me. A lot of getting game was developing the inner game where I told myself "It's morally OK to take this girl home and have sex with her"--that was a hangup that fucked up my game big time for decades. I believed the "blue pill" notion that you date a girl and take it slowly before having sex. No, actually, a girl in Mexico wants a self-confident man who knows what he is doing and who initiates the sex right away.

It's also easy to get laid in Mexico going to dance clubs if one can dance well. Another thing about Mexican culture that helps with game is that one can, when walking with a girl you just met on the street (or, likewise, in a dance club), grab her and kiss her passionately right there in public and no one will bat an eyelid. Heck, I even fingered a girl's pussy in public while in Mexico.

If I held myself back with notions like "It's difficult to land a thin piece of ass here in Mexico", I would never have gotten laid down there. It wasn't easy--I probably interacted with hundreds of girls on a free online dating site, as well as having to game a couple of dozen girls on MSN, before landing the girl--but it was and is easier than getting laid in California.

I've been to Mexico a lot since two years ago and have lived here longer term since June 2016, although I went to the USA for 4 weeks from mid-November until mid-December. And my experiences tell me that Mexico has nowhere near the obesity levels the USA has, especially the further you get away from the border (contrary to what the media says). However, obesity is an issue in some parts of the country and is mostly in indomestizas and Amerindian women.

That being said I've encountered plenty of girls here in Mexico who are technically overweight but are still a lot more attractive compared to land whales on the other side of the fence; they're called "gorditas".

There's too many sugary drinks in Mexican culture. Mexicans love hyper-sugary sodas, candy and all other kinds of junk food. Combined with being shorter people in general, the weight is even more noticeable than other racial groups.

Trump should try shipping them some of the veggies they send us, back to them with this note attached:

MMSA = Make Mexico Skinny Again

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Quote: (07-08-2013 03:19 PM)placer Wrote:  

Mexico has an obesity epidemic:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/...ry-obesity

As someone who lived in Mexico for a few years, getting married down there before returning stateside, I can understand why their culture causes this problem: It is standard, in Mexican culture, for mothers to put more and more and more food on people's plates until people are bloated full.

This isn't too bad with a traditional high-fiber Mexican diet with nopales, guacamole, huauzontle, and tlacoyos, but the Mexican tradition of overeating is deadly when combined with high-fat low-fiber American foods.

When I was dating down there in Mexico, I put on my online profile "I will not date you if you have a BMI over 25". I got multiple angry messages from women who did not like my refusal to engage in fat acceptance.

While there are a lot of fatties in Mexico, there are still a lot of slim and very attractive Mexican senoritas and I had a far better dating life down there than stateside. The trick, especially with online dating, is to know all of the tricks women use to hide their weight (angled shots, shots that never show the belly, etc.) when reviewing a lady's profile.

Edit Thanks for moving this.

I agree completely totally with you man, specially in the lower classes. The obsession of our country with coca cola, the poor strategies to encourage people to exercise plus the introduction to all the american junk. It is taking a toll, I see it more every day.

My blog: Wolfsout

In my brief time in Mexico I noticed that it has tons or gordas compared to other Latin American countries

Since you can't drink the tapwater, Its doesn't help that a Coca Cola 2 liter is almost the same price as a bottled water. Also, Mexican cities are really spread out, there are literally no tall buildings outside of Mexico City and Monterray.

Despite what you see in LA, (which is not Mexico..yet) I would add that its far more likely for an upper class Americans girl to be fat as opposed to upper class Mexican girls.

You would think that being living in high altitude cities(many Mexican cities are over 4000ft), it would be far easier to keep off weight too, I lost about 20 pounds living in Guadalajara and I wasn't really trying to lose weight.