rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best Multivitamin for Men?

Any suggestions? I wanted to take the most updated info on this, so I'm not looking at older posts.

I have been taking Solaray Spectro for years but they are now charging a lot more for it.

I also take individual vitamins such as Vit D, CoQ10, Quercetin, K, Mega Red, Biotin, and B-Complex.

I am partial to GNC's MegaMen Sport.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

The absolute best multinutrient supplement money can buy would be Life Extension Mix, but, it's expensive as all hell and you have to swallow 9 big horse tablets in a day to get a full dose (I take 3 with each meal).

If you want to go a bit cheaper, Life Extension also has a decent two-a-day multivitamin product.

A yet even cheaper option; I've seen some respectable recommendations for this company...
http://www.xtend-life.com/
They offer a few different multivitamins, in a two-a-day, four-a-day, and seven-a-day configurations.

Liver.

Quote: (07-07-2013 05:06 PM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

I am partial to GNC's MegaMen Sport.
This is what im taking to

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Look for a nutrient supplement/power basically condensed mico-nutrients froms of foods. Majority of Multi-Vitamins are a scam, the body barley absorbs any of the pill you take in and you piss most of the stuff out.Pills don't take into account the absorption type of the element/vitamins (Fat soluble & water soluble). Fat-types get stored for use all the time while water soluble get processed and get sent into action to do what they need to do. These pills give you to much or to little of one thing at one time versus the steady and regulated process that comes from diet. All a scam and since its un-regulated as "natural health" the supplement-industry can't get called out on it. Your better off using that money to buy food but if you need the convenience and the well rounded mineral/vitamin profile that a supplement will give you then look into mico-nutrient powders vs. traditional vitamin pills.

Your mutli-vitamin sells you on a DV% which are sketch at best. Remember that these "DV%" are set by the same morons whom make a food pyramid telling you to stuff yourself with Carbs daily, or to drink a boat load of processed Dairy milk which has been shown time and time again not to be ideal for human consumption (raw stuff is okay). So with that many minerals/vitamins you need constantly during the day way above the "recommended" amounts. Healthy diets are supposed to provide constant "rushes" and "Hits" of elements/vitamins to your system to keep it going. On a small scale these micro-nutrients is what the tiny parts of the body fuels itself on. Marcos are simply just energy that keep the motors going but the mico-nutrients are really the oil that keeps the gears (your cells) running smoothly. Few vitamins/minerals will cause issues in super high amounts, up the quantity don't listen to mainstream bullshit on toxicities.

The only main one to watch out for is Vitamin A which your body will pack a ton of and can lead to more issues then benefits quite easily since the Western diet gets a ton of Vitamin A already from diet.

What's the deal with Vitamin A?
We consume a shit ton of meat in the western diet which already has processed and stored is as Vitamin A (Retinol) in the fatty flesh of the meat. Whatever source that animal got it from its already turned the more beneficial Carotenes into the more potent Retinol which it stores in fatty tissues, flesh and liver. Liver is a super food for this reason because in older days when humans consumed less meat liver would provide a super-punch of vitamin A to the system, but nowdays with all the meat we eat if you over indulge on liver these days you can fuck yourself up big time. The body is meant to take in Vitamin A via Carotenes which are derived from plant sources and are more slowly absorbed/converted in the body.

Now after I've bashed these things which ones would I recommend? I don't take any at the moment so I couldn't tell you... but I do know the best way to consume vitamins that many people may scoff at but its the only way to get the most proper and elite form of minerals/vitamins in a convenient matter:

1. Pre-Natal supplements
2. Veterinary grade supplements

Why?

Because these are the only two supplement products that actually take into account the bio-availability of the supplement and have high enough doses to actually give beneficial results to your system.

1. Most pre-natal supplements will have a pack and dosage regimen split up between 2-3 types of vitamins/mineral dispersements. A micro-nutrient/trace element, mineral, vitamin taking into account water-soluble, fat-soluble and if it is taken before or just prior/during a meal (all important). The science behind pre-natal supplements is more sound, you can't bullshit that stuff and make expecting mothers sick or not offer proper nutrition to a growing baby inside. Its one thing to sell pixie dust to an adult and have him piss it all out, its another to do that to an expecting mother. For companies that fuck around with that science and expect a 100$ Million class action lawsuit to take down your company -- not worth it to get it wrong for them nor not care.

These two products for example (#1, #2) IMO offer far superior vitamin/mineral profiles then the majority of high-end vitamin/mineral products. No you wont grow boobs and shit taking these but some essential male nutrients like Magnesium or Zinc may be low but you should be taking those separate already.

2. Veterinary supplement and nutrition science is light years ahead of our own human science. They have been free to use natural techniques without Government and medical racket red-tape to hinder them. Majority of supplement products for large grazing mammals is far superior to anything you will get at GNC. My Ex was a Beauty Pageant girl with a rich family backing her up. She would routinely take Horse supplements as they were extremely high in minerals like Silicon which are good for the sheen and strength of the hair. Her skin would glow like she was pregnant and her hair was always soft as hell. One of her dancing coaches actually put her on to the stuff and they would drive out to a Vet out of town whom would hook them up with the stuff. A product like this provides far superior element/vitamin profiles then a typical multivitamin pill. Providing also high-end elemental minerals such as Calcium instead of the shitty carbonate grade stuff you get at the Drugstore. Its priced way better too for the quality you get -- no bullshit advertising and packaging for the company to upkeep. You'll buy the stuff and it comes in simple bag/box with a simple sticker.. its just a simple industry with word of mouth and quality of the product being your selling point not advertisements nor hype.

Its funny because people probably think I am trolling but far from it. You won't turn into a damn Horse taking that shit but you will become strong and swift like a horse though for sure. I would rather eat like a horse whom lives off B vitamins and micro-nutrients then a typical America that lives off Soy and corn, that horse in the barn is more healthy usually than 80-90% of Americans.

TipBig Grinon't buy into the hippie/yuppie organic hype either for Micro-nutrition as long as its high-end it doesn't matter, this is raw and potent food for your deep inner system that your body does not have to do a lot of work to take in. In contrast to large marco-nutrients sources from food, the body has to expel more energy to utilize the nutrients so of course the quality of what its breaking down is important. So if some hippie tries to sell you on some pricey alternative tell them to fuck off.

So to OP do your research. I did a little run-down on what the top and best quality vitamins you can get are. If I were in your shoes I would make a spreadsheet of the minerals/vitamins your getting now and if you are really serious about this get a blood test to see where you are lacking in and then start to build a regimen from there. you might be getting a high abundance of certain stuff from your diet already, you never really know. Software/On-line versions exists out there to crunch those numbers for you also, a friend of mine had a program but it was from her school since she was doing dietician type classes but the technology is out there. As you can see going the elite route is actually much cheaper. If you were to source the same density and quality of the minerals in "human" products it would run you $300.00 a month at least (not even joking).

Ok lastly, if your going the conventional route -- Micro-nutrient powders over mineral/vitamin supplements. If you want vitamin/mineral supplements and the very best of them there is then explore the two options I noted above.

I like Orange Triad.

Found it when I used to lurk on BB.com, seems to be a favorite among athletes and bodybuilders.

You can get it on Amazon (where I buy almost everything supplement-related): http://www.amazon.com/Controlled-Labs-Or...ange+triad

Thanks guys especially Kosko for the long rundown. I forgot to mention I do take Zinc but not Magnesium.

For food, I usually eat eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast, a sandwich and a veggie smoothie for lunch (I make this smoothie in my blender, but I use kale instead of spinach http://kimberlysnyder.net/blog/ggs/) And then I eat some protein with brown rice for dinner. Usually organic free range chicken breast from trader joes or wild caught alaskan salmon.

Pretty good vitamins there, but it's always nice to learn about more. I wonder how many humans have used the veterinary Supplement with positive results.

Quote: (07-07-2013 06:53 PM)kosko Wrote:  

2. Veterinary supplement and nutrition science is light years ahead of our own human science.

It's funny you say that, as the most game-changing anabolic steroid is trenbolone.

Guys would order Finaplix - which was used to add mass to cattle - from vet stores and "home brew" tren.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trenbolone

This horse shyt has got me thinking!! Who's going to join me on the RVF veterinarian guinea pig challenge?!

No horsing around, let's yoke those lizards!

No but real talk, this animal vits got my cogs spinning.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

I don't think you can beat Controlled Labs Orange Triad Multi Vitamin. If this isn't the best please let me know as I am convinced it is the best in the industry

I know a bunch of vet students at my uni. Pretty sure a bunch of them work with horses somewhat regularly. Definitely going to see if they can sneak my out some vits and maybe some K while they're at it..

Quote: (07-09-2013 08:39 AM)Tony.5678 Wrote:  

I don't think you can beat Controlled Labs Orange Triad Multi Vitamin. If this isn't the best please let me know as I am convinced it is the best in the industry
Why are you convinced?

Quote: (07-09-2013 02:46 PM)Architekt Wrote:  

I know a bunch of vet students at my uni. Pretty sure a bunch of them work with horses somewhat regularly. Definitely going to see if they can sneak my out some vits and maybe some K while they're at it..

Keep me posted, I am going to hit up craigslist for some Cuban vets..

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (07-09-2013 03:02 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (07-09-2013 08:39 AM)Tony.5678 Wrote:  

Why are you convinced?

It is very high in each vitamin. Very soluble and goes into your blood stream very easily. Reputable company. Their other products seem to always be at a high standard. Review after review after review is positive about their multi vitamins and other products in general.

You know I'll by anything recommended by the RVF. Orange triad it is.

Quote: (07-09-2013 04:24 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Why not try the animal vits, bro? It could be a game changer

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (07-09-2013 04:24 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (07-09-2013 04:24 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Why not try the animal vits, bro? It could be a game changer
I've tried everything. The only game changer for me is not having a hangover.

You try them and let me know but for now it sounds like...
[attachment=13159]

One-A-Day Men's Formula. This is plenty if your diet is good...

Quote: (07-07-2013 06:53 PM)kosko Wrote:  

2. Veterinary supplement and nutrition science is light years ahead of our own human science. They have been free to use natural techniques without Government and medical racket red-tape to hinder them. Majority of supplement products for large grazing mammals is far superior to anything you will get at GNC. My Ex was a Beauty Pageant girl with a rich family backing her up. She would routinely take Horse supplements as they were extremely high in minerals like Silicon which are good for the sheen and strength of the hair. Her skin would glow like she was pregnant and her hair was always soft as hell. One of her dancing coaches actually put her on to the stuff and they would drive out to a Vet out of town whom would hook them up with the stuff. A product like this provides far superior element/vitamin profiles then a typical multivitamin pill. Providing also high-end elemental minerals such as Calcium instead of the shitty carbonate grade stuff you get at the Drugstore. Its priced way better too for the quality you get -- no bullshit advertising and packaging for the company to upkeep. You'll buy the stuff and it comes in simple bag/box with a simple sticker.. its just a simple industry with word of mouth and quality of the product being your selling point not advertisements nor hype.

Do you know a site that sells cheaper legit horse supplements. I don't want to buy the wrong thing for a cheaper price.

Is this stuff safe? Is the dosage too high since it is calibrated to a horse, not a human.

[Image: 31191709168_450x450_a.jpg]

I'm not dead so this stuff must be awesome.

I am trying out the Orange Triad vitamins while I investigate the other more radical options.

Vitamin d3 10,000
ZMA
Magnesium
Zinc
Omega 3

Wow the Orange Triads are hard on your stomach. And I can eat just about anything without stomach issues ever. Maybe it takes a few days to adjust.

You're not taking them on an empty stomach, are you?
Always take vitamins with a meal and a glass or two of water.