rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hitting the ground running in Bogotá

Hey all,

I'm moving to Bogotá in September, so pretty soon I'll be advising you all on the hot spots. But I've never been in the country before, and would like some reccomendations on places the hit the ground running.

My Spanish is fluent, but my dance game is at standard gringo level. I'm going to try'n get some girls to teach me and take classes, but to start with I'd prefer places that aren't exclusively salsa.

Some bars I've heard good things about:
Salamandro
Alto
Beer Station
La 93
La 51
Quiebra Canto (lots of foreigners)

Also thinking of visiting La Calera for the view and the bars there. Any rundown of specific places there?

Thanks a ton,
Jacob

You don't have to worry about salsa in Bogota - its not huge like it is in Cali, and you will be on a mission to find a salsa club in Bogota. Bogota is all about European Techno DJ's and vallenatos. The only place Salsa is huge is in Cali, otherwise - its strict techno music on top of tables.

Open a paid account on latinamericancupid.com to have some girls ready for you by the time you arrive and pop your cherry.

Mixx

Having experience on latinamericancupid, is the payment straightforward?

I mean, if I pay for a certain time frame, do I need to do anything ridiculous to cancel it after that time frame is up? I worry that it's one of those sites that gets your credit card info, keeps charging you and stonewalls you when you try to complain, but I dunno.

Quiebra Canto is a sausage fest and latinamericancupid is a waste of time IMO

Try Escobar Rosas bar. Its tiny and only open Fri and Sat but its fairly easy to pick up there.

Anyone know how Asian dudes would fare in Colombia?

Quote: (08-30-2010 12:13 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

Anyone know how Asian dudes would fare in Colombia?

Asian guys do well in Puerto Rico, very well. I took a Vietnamese buddy of mine (last name Nguyen, raised in Seattle) to Colombia last year, and unfortunately, he did not do so well, unless it was a girl I literally threw in his lap (with panties off) and gamed for him. [Image: dodgy.gif]

YMMV, but if you do well, I'd love for you to share your tactics with us so I can pass to him. He loves latina women, and is an overall great guy to be around too.

Back home in the states, this guy swoops the hottest asian chicks I have ever seen!

Mixx