rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Would you get married for EU citizenship ?

I just got a text from my boy that states that he got married to a mutual friend from France.

This chick does not want a romantic relationship at all.
Her family is well off.
She states that you are allowed to stay in her Parisian apartment in Montmartre at your discretion as part of the deal.
You guys divorce in 3 years after she gets USA citizenship.

She asked me to do it and I reneged for my own personal reasons, plus I dont know her well enough that I could trust she would make good on the apartment in Paris. It's the only reason I would have considered it.
I guess I could have lawyered up to iron out such a detail, but didn't want to hassle with it.

What I am curious is would you guys do it ?

It all depends on how badly you want a EU citizenship!

But to answer your question, I think there is an easier way to get EU papers.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Why bother? You just need to find an EU country with easy "business" visas, move there, start some small consulting company and shut it down once you've been there long enough to get permanent residence.

It sounds like your friend is giving the chick a US green card in exchange for her giving him French citizenship. That's not so easy to pull off, at least in the US, by marriage, since you have to actually live in the country where you want citizenship for a number of years.

I would do it. I don't want to have american citizenship anymore and if anybody wants it, then so be it. let them be the suckers who have citizenship to this fucking gay country.

If you want a EU citizenship, first look into your ancestry. Any remote lineage from Europe qualifies you for a citizenship. If that doesn't work, look into Ireland and Belgium which are the less difficult ones to obtain. Do you own due diligence about the country you're interested in very carefully to weigh the pros and cons. I personally wouldn't do it for a EU passport, but I thought about it for a Brasilian one...

Quote: (07-05-2013 10:02 PM)julian k Wrote:  

I just got a text from my boy that states that he got married to a mutual friend from France.

This chick does not want a romantic relationship at all.
Her family is well off.
She states that you are allowed to stay in her Parisian apartment in Montmartre at your discretion as part of the deal.
You guys divorce in 3 years after she gets USA citizenship.

She asked me to do it and I reneged for my own personal reasons, plus I dont know her well enough that I could trust she would make good on the apartment in Paris. It's the only reason I would have considered it.
I guess I could have lawyered up to iron out such a detail, but didn't want to hassle with it.

What I am curious is would you guys do it ?

If she's that well off

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/m...2ca60aRCRD

^^Citizenship through Investment.

WIA

Quote: (07-06-2013 01:55 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

If you want a EU citizenship, first look into your ancestry. Any remote lineage from Europe qualifies you for a citizenship. If that doesn't work, look into Ireland and Belgium which are the less difficult ones to obtain. Do you own due diligence about the country you're interested in very carefully to weigh the pros and cons. I personally wouldn't do it for a EU passport, but I thought about it for a Brasilian one...

Are you sure?I could swear Italy was the only country were Jus Sanguinis works that way

"Go be fat on someone else's time."

More great info. Makes sense as I've met some Americans who acquired Irish citizenship with not as many obstacles compared to other countries.

I know for France, it's rather difficult as you have to be married to a French citizen for 7 years while having proof of residence there for the same amount of time?

Quote: (07-06-2013 01:02 PM)Sailor Wrote:  

Are you sure?I could swear Italy was the only country were Jus Sanguinis works that way

It varies with the country. I got my EU passport/citz from a country I won't name, but another thing is that how and if they follow the law is as important as what the law is. Actually, someone I know who was Ukrainian just got an EU passport through their Polish ancestry, so as more countries are added to the Eu zone you might come into eligibility by default.

If you reside in the USA, the personnel at each consulate of that country in the USA determine whether you meet requirements, it can be as easy as one bureaucrat retiring and another replacing him to turn the place into a favorable or unfavorable one.

Having Slovak and Ukraine ancestry unfortunately doesn't help me much