rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

To Hostel or NOT to Hostel..........

Ok, I have NEVER, EVER stayed in a hostel. However, my upcoming trip to Slovenia may require that I at least try it...

You see, there is a former military prison, turned trendy, artsy youth hostel and it would be interesting to stay there...BUT

Are you allowed to have sex in hostels if you have a private room?

What are the actual pros and cons fo staying at a trendy youth hostel, vs a somewhat trendy hotel?

It would be cool to actually sleep in what was once a slammer that has been decorated nicely.

However, I don't want this to hurt my chances of banging local women.

here is the hostel option:

http://www.hostelcelica.com/

The hotel option:

http://www.hotel.mons.si/index.html?page=...-of-suites

Oh yeah, money not being an issue - I have a healthy budget, so this is not a factor for me.

Much appreciate your feedback.

Mixx

I always vote to hotel. I never been in a hostel, but the idea of sharing my bathroom is not welcoming. I rather stay in a cheap/simple for a few more box than this. I don't know. I like privacy.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Now that I'm older and have more dough, I have a new policy that I will never stay in a hostel, unless I have my own private room and bathroom. Now a days most hostels have at least a few private rooms, and while they are not as nice as you'll find at a hotel, they are usually much cheaper, and what you sacrifice in terms of quality, you could argue that you gain, as far as ambiance, atmosphere, people, etc.

If you're a really socially outgoing person, who meets people and makes friends easily then staying in a hostel might not really matter, but it is an easy way to meet cool people and other interesting travelers from all over, as well as people traveling in their own country. A lot of times these places have their own bar, restaurant, lounge chill area, where people hang out, and it can be a fun time. I know hostel girls get hated on and I agree for the most part, but a lot of these traveler chicks are DTF and if you have your own private room, it's probably not that hard to pull off.

It's poor hostel ettiquete to bang a girl in a dorm room full of people, but if your own room, I don't see how it would be a problem. I briefly checked out the link to the hostel site, and saw the "house rules" said nothing about bringing over "guests", so it might not be an issue if you want to bring a local gal back to your room. But that said, sometimes places have weird policies on that stuff, but I mostly experienced that in Brazil where some places don't allow outside guests, or they'll try to charge you double occupancy rates if you bring a girl back for the night.

So overall hotel still would be the more class way to roll, with the most privacy, comfort, etc., but I think it's cool to do something a little different, and check out a new spot, with a funky, unique atmosphere, it could be a fun time and a great experience. That is especially true if you're still relatively young, every now and then a guy in his late 40's still staying in a hostel, and while they're normally pretty cool, it's still kind of awkward/random when everyone else is usually 18-35.

I've had some fantastic hostel experiences. They are great for meeting cool people with zero effort on your part. If traveling, meeting people to hang with can enhance your time there, especially in the larger more impersonal cities where meeting people is tougher. Hostels have a steady rotating supply of early twenty something backpacker chicks to bang. Also, there are some pretty sick hostels throughout Europe. Not all, but some. Its worth it to do your hostel homework before you go to an area.

Thanks guys, from what I'm reading, that hostel is suppose to be the most happening hostel in Europe.....[Image: undecided.gif]

It does have its own bar/lounge areas.

I am going someplace where I don't know anyone at all, not that I have not done that before, but I guess - I am just thinking that local girls might frown at the idea of me saying "let's go back to my hostel room" [Image: undecided.gif]

With that said, are hostel girls easy bangs DTF if you have a private room? Again, I've never even seen a hostel before, so I have no idea what to expect [Image: smile.gif]

Mixx

The largest obstacle with hostel girls is usually separating them from their inevitable travel companions. Often hostel girls can be seriously interested in you, but you wont get the normal signals because they are traveling with another guy and/or girl(s). I cant tell you how many hostel women that Ive met, who were traveling with a guy, but weren't even hooking up with him. Don't assume unless she makes it clear that they are together. But you still have the issue of separating them. If she likes you, then sometimes she will work to make sure you two are alone together at some point, even if she's shy and you are just touring the city together.

The logistics are city specific in terms of what types of rooms are available ad at what prices. If you have the flow, you can always rent a hotel/motel room if you have a hostel honey ready to go. if not, then maybe you can rent a private room in the hostel if they are available.

For instance, in much of Asia love cheap and nice love motels are everywhere and so a private room is never an issue.

I have slept with a decent number of girls at hostels, and the majority of them were not from the hostel, but-- i would say this is the important point-- all of them were 25 or under.

It depends on your game and the age of your prey.

You can typically bring a girl back to the hostel depending on the hostel and their rules. Some hostels don't allow guests after a certain hour, but then again if you make friends with the guy/girl working the front, they will usually let you do whatever you want. In Medellin the guy working the front even offered one of the private rooms to take a girl back for an hour or two.

The cool thing about hostels is, if you stay there for more than a couple of days, and get to know the staff, you can basically do as you wish.

Mixx, I think you shouldn't miss out on the opportunity. Hostels can be very fun, and you meet some interesting people, and the memories... well that's what it's all about isn't it? haha

Fine when you are 21. Unacceptable when you are in your 30's.

Done!! Lavinci is right, I am representing the Bentley Driving, Richard Mille watch wearing latino players of Miami - fuck that...Im doing it Mixx style - straight up G - with custom Italian suits and Diddy ties =)

The winner:

http://www.hotel.mons.si/index.html?page=...-of-suites

Mixx

Quote: (08-28-2010 10:43 AM)lavinci Wrote:  

Whomever you will be talking to in Slovenia, or I´ll say in general Europe for that matter, instead of mentioning that you´re from the States, be sure to say you are from MIAMI BEACH.

You have to understand that there are two US cities that carry a very unique load of emotional implication of paradise and desired good life. There are two US cities that every European chick dreams of and associates with ultimate hot spot and the perfect sex lover.

It`s LA and Miami.

When European chicks only can dream about living in the US and having a good life covered in luxuries they can only dream about cause they cant get the visa, they dont think about NY, Chicago or Wichita. Its LA and Miami. Think star power. Beaches. Paradise.

(girl asking you) - Where are you from?
- Oh, Im from the States.

WRONG!

(girl)- Where are you from?
- Girl, Im from Miami Beach.

BULLS EYE!

(girl thinking... wow, he is really from that cool place, thats awesome)

Thats how it works. European girls who love US are that vain in that matter of first impression of where youre from. Thats what I always do and it never fails to work for me. Since I speak English in a few different accents, I alter my place of origin to fit with her desired visualization.

That's exactly what I have done, I sent out some "feeler" e-mails on Facebook to girls in Slovania over the last 2 days......

I said I was a latin guy from Miami Beach, and will be going to Slovenia in the next 2 weeks...and that I also speak Spanish, and teach Salsa - after they saw my salsa dancing videos on some posts I have, I woke up this morning.....I have 32 replies of all girls literally asking me if I need to picked up t the airport upon arrival and offering to meet me as soon as I arrive - I guess to immediately take possession of me. =)

ooohh..this just got very interesting......[Image: banana.gif]

Mixx

Quote: (08-28-2010 10:50 AM)MiXXmaster27 Wrote:  

That's exactly what I have done, I sent out some "feeler" e-mails on Facebook to girls in Slovania over the last 2 days......

Where do you find these girls on Facebook?

Quote: (08-28-2010 02:47 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

I typically query the city I am going to, and see what pops up..I then start to browse profiles by city, and roll the dice and see what happens. I do this with every city I go to. This gives the proof of having a fine looking girl I do not intend on banging show me around and provide social proof to open up more girls.

Warning: Send more than 25 e-mails/friend requests per day, and facebook will start to threaten to shut your profile down, with absolutely no way of restoring it no matter how much you scream, threaten, or cry...

Mixx

I said I was a latin guy from Miami Beach, and will be going to Slovenia in the next 2 weeks...and that I also speak Spanish, and teach Salsa - after they saw my salsa dancing videos on some posts I have, I woke up this morning.....I have 32 replies of all girls literally asking me if I need to picked up t the airport upon arrival and offering to meet me as soon as I arrive - I guess to immediately take possession of me. =)

LOL really?!

Yup...

However, wanna see something really funny on how to contact women on facebook, Myspace and PLentyoffish?

Check this guy out!

(scroll down to the video)

http://www.oneclickdatingmethod.com/

I could not stop laughing as I heard this guy. He has online game down to the bare computer physics! My hero!!!

Mixx

Maybe you could stay there for a couple nights to get the experience. But since money isn't an issue you should probably stay in a hotel. From my experience of staying in hostels in Brazil for the last month the girls who travel and stay in hostels aren't the ones you want to spend time and energy on. In Brazil the cutest girls in hostels were Brazilian girls from other cities and girls that were taken (they were traveling with their boyfriend).

Quote: (08-28-2010 10:43 AM)lavinci Wrote:  

Whomever you will be talking to in Slovenia, or I´ll say in general Europe for that matter, instead of mentioning that you´re from the States, be sure to say you are from MIAMI BEACH.

You have to understand that there are two US cities that carry a very unique load of emotional implication of paradise and desired good life. There are two US cities that every European chick dreams of and associates with ultimate hot spot and the perfect sex lover.

It`s LA and Miami.

When European chicks only can dream about living in the US and having a good life covered in luxuries they can only dream about cause they cant get the visa, they dont think about NY, Chicago or Wichita. Its LA and Miami. Think star power. Beaches. Paradise.

(girl asking you) - Where are you from?
- Oh, Im from the States.

WRONG!

(girl)- Where are you from?
- Girl, Im from Miami Beach.

BULLS EYE!

(girl thinking... wow, he is really from that cool place, thats awesome)

Thats how it works. European girls who love US are that vain in that matter of first impression of where youre from. Thats what I always do and it never fails to work for me. Since I speak English in a few different accents, I alter my place of origin to fit with her desired visualization.

ooohh..this just got very interesting......[Image: banana.gif]

Mixx
You have taught me something new, I didn't know you can browse profiles in Facebook based on city. Since most Facebook profiles are private I am assuming you are contacting them based on their profile pic, am I correct? Mixx, have you had any success with facebook elsewhere? As for Hostels, just book a dorm bed but dont sleep there that way you can hang in there all day without tresspassing. Also guys who work there are an excellent source of info.

Quote: (08-28-2010 03:36 PM)MiXXmaster27 Wrote:  

Quote: (08-28-2010 02:47 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

I typically query the city I am going to, and see what pops up..I then start to browse profiles by city, and roll the dice and see what happens. I do this with every city I go to. This gives the proof of having a fine looking girl I do not intend on banging show me around and provide social proof to open up more girls.

[Image: huh.gif]
Ok, I must have been left behind from the world of Facebook. How do I browse for people? I remember there used to be a way, but I can't access the browse feature anymore.

I just looked into this on Facebook and indeed you can browse by city by doing a People Search
You can only Filter By: Location, Workplace or School...Therefore you will get a mix of men and women in your search but I did a quick search of Tallinn and tons of honies came up mixed in with men's profiles which are easily avoidable and I look RIGHT past with all the stunning talent that comes up with Tallinn.

@ MIXX - Do you normally both friend request and send a message simultaneously? I think this would be a good method for me since I have privacy settings on my page to where non-friends will not be able to see my pics.

Since I'm from Los Angeles but have been back in forth from LA and Atlanta I always go with Los Angeles as the city where I'm from and I get major CREAM from that...This one chick I banged from Budapest and all her friends still refer to me as "LA"...lol.

Quote: (08-30-2010 08:47 AM)InternationalSwagger Wrote:  

@ MIXX - Do you normally both friend request and send a message simultaneously? I think this would be a good method for me since I have privacy settings on my page to where non-friends will not be able to see my pics.

Facebook has recently started getting real strict with your FRs. You see, FB uses a tool called "guardian" run by a former FBI cybercrimes agent. They monitor who you send FRs to, and what sex you have sent FRs to. Also, how many 'pending" FRs you have, what age bracket and a bunch of other filters to ensure you are not a pedohile or sex predator. If you are a male, they actually will not allow you to add more than 10 FR of the opposite sex per week. So, to work around that, I add a couple of guys, and the cherry-pick their girls, since FB will see we have a mutual friend in common.

So, mixx it up with e-mails, FR of guys and girls. Be sur eto not go overboard with e-mails, after you send 20 e-mails, you will get a pop-up warning that you are violating FB policy, and your profile will be shut down with no way of recovering your old profile pictures/contacts.

Bottom line:: Facebook is beginning to suck balls big time, but you can at leat make some connections.

Mixx

Personally I love hostels. Staying in hotels is boring. Not ideal for taking women back but it can be done depending on the hostel and the girl.

Quote:Quote:

The cool thing about hostels is, if you stay there for more than a couple of days, and get to know the staff, you can basically do as you wish.

This is usually true. Spent a month in a hostel in BKK where they had a strict no guests policy and a security guard to enforce it. I ended up being there for a month in total which is a long time in hostel land. After 2 weeks max I was (stupidly as the owner was a great guy) breaking the rules left, right and centre and bringing girls back without getting into any trouble over it where as others who tried the same thing were thrown out the next day and told not to come back. I'd been there so long and had run up a huge tab the owner obviously didn't want to throw me out. However by the end he wrote off my last few days tabs so he couldn't have been too pissed off about it.

If picking up girls is your one and only concern, you don't think the hostels will be accomodating and you think you'll be doing it so often that it might cause problems then a hotel it is. If you're interested in meeting other travellers without having to put much effort in a hostel is the way forward.

Quote: (10-15-2010 03:11 PM)Farang Wrote:  

Personally I love hostels. Staying in hotels is boring. Not ideal for taking women back but it can be done depending on the hostel and the girl.

Quote:Quote:

This is usually true. Spent a month in a hostel in BKK where they had a strict no guests policy and a security guard to enforce it. I ended up being there for a month in total which is a long time in hostel land. After 2 weeks max I was (stupidly as the owner was a great guy) breaking the rules left, right and centre and bringing girls back without getting into any trouble over it where as others who tried the same thing were thrown out the next day and told not to come back. I'd been there so long and had run up a huge tab the owner obviously didn't want to throw me out. However by the end he wrote off my last few days tabs so he couldn't have been too pissed off about it.

If picking up girls is your one and only concern, you don't think the hostels will be accomodating and you think you'll be doing it so often that it might cause problems then a hotel it is. If you're interested in meeting other travellers without having to put much effort in a hostel is the way forward.

This sounds like a little scottish guy, I know? [Image: smile.gif]

Couldn't you just stay in the hostel and if you pull take a girl to nearest hotel and rent a room?? Especially if money is not too important.

I usually stay in Hostels because most of the time that's where I meet foreigners when i'm travelling. I always go for the private room and you can definately take girls to your room.

If you have some decent game, hostels feel like 20$ whorehouses. You just take your pick.

Quote: (02-14-2011 04:52 PM)LÉtranger Wrote:  

If you have some decent game, hostels feel like 20$ whorehouses. You just take your pick.

It depends in what country. The best hostel i've ever stayed at was http://www.lofthostel.com in China, well actually most hostels in China are actually better than most hotels below 100$ a night.

I always stay in hostels or guesthouses anyway, actually i've lived in hostels for over 1 year in total over a period of time and never really complained although it were the better ones who provide a sofa, big bathroom, and TV in the room. Depends where but most of the time I don't have to complain. Staying in a big hotel, all alone, is boring compared to staying in a good hostel. Anyway, for me it's hostels and guesthouses, nothing else except when i'm on a business trip with partners or in some dirt cheap country.