rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are You a "hypergamous" Player?

I know a guy that bangs a lot of girls. More than me, and I'm above average. One of the things I've noticed is that he's got a wide-range of what he will accept. The most important thing to him is not so much quality, but that he gets a bang. He always says that the biggest mistake that guys do in the club is that they go for the hottest girl instead of going for the bang regardless of whether or not she's the hottest or just average (in some cases, below average).

Casting a wide net- this strategy has led to bangs mostly from lower level girls, but he's also snagged some some hi-end tail as well.

Sure, he likes a fine girl, but it doesn't really matter to him as long as he's getting a bang.

I've adopted this kind of thinking and got bangs from different levels of girls. I'm wondering if this non-chalant approach to the game is the best way to go, or if a concerted effort to only focus on more attractive girls is where I should be putting my energy.

Unlike him, I will admit that I am seeking girls of higher quality. Maybe this type of thinking is actually working against me?

If game is about being cool, is it better to be so aloof that you don't care at all what the girl looks like, or is only focusing on more attractive girls the way to go?

I see his game as a sort of indirect, systemic game that works over a long period of time. This is opposed to the targeted, focussed directly on the more attractive girls game that someone like G-Manifesto or McQueen seem to be doing.

Once I have achieved a certain standard of girl, I will not go below that - I have established a "tide mark" at that level. Of course, once you've banged an 8.5, anything >= 8.5 is always fair game.

Sleeping with girls that are lower than the standard I know I am capable of gives me no pleasure, and harms my inner game. You're compromising your principles and integrity simply for the sake of validating your ego through sex. Sure, you'll feel better for a day or two, but it won't last, and you'll be worse off in the long run.

I'd rather be celibate than lower myself to a standard which is beneath me. Adopting this entitled mindset gives me an extremely healthy self-image, and allows my to look myself in the eye in the mirror without feeling slightly dirty at the thought of what I did. I'm sure not everyone will agree however.

Don't get me wrong, I've only come to this realisation as a result of hooking up with all kinds of monstrosities whilst drunk. Now that I've given up drinking, it's a thing of the past.

It depends on what each guy wants-what goal is he trying to reach that he thinks will give him the most satisfaction

If he's going to limit himself to only the hotter girls, say 7.5+, he will get fewer notches and probably less frequent sex unless he's willing to get in an LTR with one or has really high status (fame, social connections, lot of money) and is in a good location. The hotter girls are simply less common and there's a lot more competition for them from the more alpha guys.

My personal goal is achieve variety and mostly importantly- quality of sexual experience. Just going after the hottest girls wouldn't serve either one of those goals. Most of the girls I have banged over the last few years have been 5s, 6s and 7s, with 5 defined as average, neither attractive or unattractive, 6 as cute and 7 as pretty. A few facial upper 4s with hot bodies and an occasional 8.

I'm fine with that because by not being too restrictive I've gotten a lot more notches and a lot more and better sexual experiences.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Casting a wide net all the way. It's all about diversifying your portfolio.

Widen your net but don't lower your standards, too much.

I'll take quality over quantity.

You know that 3rd strategy is to move to a place where all the women rise to your personal 10 level, and then swoop as many as possible.

In America though, I've run through enough tramps, hussies, and harlots. I've also dated far too many "good" girls - change your life/find Jesus type girls.

Now, I'm looking to juice the max experience out of the girls I meet.

"look broad, we finna knock over this liquor sto, keep the car running"

Take her as far as I can possibly go until all the sweetness of a new found friendship is gone. When that happens, bounce. Definitely a modified prize strategy.

WIA

Quote:Quote:

Unlike him, I will admit that I am seeking girls of higher quality. Maybe this type of thinking is actually working against me?

Outcome dependence. When you adopted that way of thinking your game improved.
You want higher quality girls so focus on that.

I think for most guys the utility of game can be divided into two major aspects - busting a nut and conquering new woman, and they act according to their current mental state.

Along with actually getting laid, I also enjoy the chase/conquest part of the game, so in some cases after the bang becomes certain with a new girl I simply lose interest if I have other solid booty calls lined up.

Ofcourse, it's a different story if I'm going through a dry spell, in which case I'll take most prospects, given they're passing the boner test.

But overall, yes, there are certain guys who are all about novelty and raking up high notch counts, and perhaps every player goes through that phase when you're more focused on getting new notches. At the same time, there's also that line of thinking where you can mentally bypass a lot of girls, if you have better ones lined up. I think it's a combination of your current mental make up, level of horniness and availability of options.

Game is a necessary evil

Quote: (07-04-2013 02:48 PM)soup Wrote:  

If game is about being cool, is it better to be so aloof that you don't care at all what the girl looks like, or is only focusing on more attractive girls the way to go?

depends on what you want. ask yourself what do you want.

If you can perform with a girl, why not. It might improve your care free attitude.

some guys just want to farm stock pigs. others prize pedigree over allcomers.

If you're out gaming at night, I think lowering your standards (whatever that means for you) is just a part of the process. The hottest chicks aren't usually the ones giving off the signs that they want to go home with a new guy that night and usually have a line of guys waiting to hit on them. IME, a chick with a certain amount of horniness is an essential ingredient in getting the bang that night. A player once told me "you don't get to 50+ bangs in the game without waking up next to a few... ok a lot of unmentionables" Now my net is not THAT wide, but there is some truth to that.