rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best laptop for 1200$?

Best laptop for 1200$?

Hey guys looking to invest in a laptop my budget is about 1200 Canadian dollar's. I have been looking mostly at the new MBA by apple and also the MBP with retina. But before i go out and buy one taught i would start this thread to see if there is any other better makes on the market.

I will mainly be using it for study, net use, watching movies, listening to music emails the usual. I would ideally like it to be light weight and have a good battery life for my travels also the Toshiba i currently use weights a ton and is awful slow. If any of ye guys no of any good makes please suggest as you can see from my post i would not be up to date with the latest models.

Thanks for any help Salmon.

Best laptop for 1200$?

Hey,

I've been looking around for months for a notebook. Our requirements are a little different but I'd recommend the following:

If you want a Mac, the latest Macbook Air. Send me a PM and I can help you get a slightly better discount within Canada.

If you want a Windows laptop, I'd look at the 13" Asus Zenbook Prime. Try to find the lowest price from a Canadian retailer using pricebat.ca and get it price matched at memoryexpress.com.

Best laptop for 1200$?

This one is the best deal I've seen - for $1119 you get Core i7, GeForce GT650M 2GB SLI, 8GB RAM, 1TB hard disk +16GB SSD and 1920x1080 LED LCD.

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

Best laptop for 1200$?

Check out the ideapad Yoga. it's a tablet/laptop hybrid.

There are laptops coming out with the new Haswell that has around 50% improved battery life so make sure you get one that has that processor type.

Best laptop for 1200$?

Heads up on the Yoga. It's been to have known issues with wifi.

Best laptop for 1200$?

Quote: (07-04-2013 03:21 AM)mental Wrote:  

This one is the best deal I've seen - for $1119 you get Core i7, GeForce GT650M 2GB SLI, 8GB RAM, 1TB hard disk +16GB SSD and 1920x1080 LED LCD.

You'll see that one went on sale for ~800 about two months ago. Check slickdeals and you'll see this stuff regularly. Hard to justify buying a mac when for under a grand you can have a beast laptop.

Best laptop for 1200$?

I'm also interested in the lenovo yoga. There are i7 dual core, with 8 gig ram versions out there.

@ LeCorbusier, good info slick deals. that site is sick.

Best laptop for 1200$?

I would advise against the MacBook Air 11" model unless portability is your number one priority. It is incredibly portable, when closed it is about the size of a tablet. For doing any real work, the screen is just too small. It's good for surfing the internet.

Best laptop for 1200$?

For a couple years I've been using an 11" MacBook Air when I travel and it's the best $1000 I've ever spent. When I'm at home I hook it up to a Thunderbolt Display and it's quite nice to have the larger screen to work on. One issue I've had is heat. When the ambient temperature is hot like in the summer time with no air conditioning and I'm doing something processor intensive and using the Thunderbolt Display the MacBook Air can sometimes overheat and bog down. That might be less of an issue with newer models, I'm not sure. But I still recommend it.