rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Showing up at closing time - pros & cons

Mixx mentioned in another thread a move I've been contemplating for years and tried half-heartedly to do, which is to get some sleep & rest and then show up at a big party around 5am. I think 5am can be generalized to mean closing time, which in other states like California could mean 2am.

I've lived in both Cali and Miami, so am familiar with both party scenes. In Cali, closing time is at 2am with last call at 1:30am and as such, there's the so called "1:30 scramble" with people trying desperately to find someone to hook up with in the time leading to last call. In Miami, most clubs close at 5am but then there are afterparty places like Club Space that go on till noon or afternoon.

I think this move has it merits and I'd like to hear your opinion(s) and suggestions on this move.

The pros right off the top of my head are:

1. you're fresh & have more energy to game
2. to the women, you're new (and interesting/mysterious) to the scene. you're not the guy they've seen hitting on girls all night, or worse striking out each time.
3. you may not have to pay cover or wait in a line.
4. it's healthier - you're not spending all night inside a smoke filled bar/club
5. it's more time efficient

The cons

1. The prime pickings are most probably picked off by then by other (good) players
2. This won't be a socializing with your friends/coworkers thing.
3. This a bit of a cold & calculating move. When I did this once, I was overcome with this feeling like I was a hitman or Batman - like I had a job to execute. Not for everyone I think.
4. You'll miss most of the party, which can actually be a lot of fun. And for me, I like good music, so there was a good DJ, I'll have missed that too.
5. If there is an afterparty, this will dissipate the need for girls to hook up at the end of the main party. Does one then show up towards the middle or end of the afterparty? Which, in Miami or Buenos Aires could mean 10 in the morning, lol.

Im too groggy in the morning to pick up, especially if Im getting up at that hour.

When I was living in Argentina, I would take a nap around 10pm for an hour or so. That was usually enough to keep me going through 8-9am.

Quote: (08-23-2010 04:15 PM)gringoed Wrote:  

Im too groggy in the morning to pick up, especially if Im getting up at that hour.

When I was living in Argentina, I would take a nap around 10pm for an hour or so. That was usually enough to keep me going through 8-9am.

Looks like age is a factor in this move. Mixx and I aren't in our 20s anymore, lol. When I was in Cordoba, one of my best nights was when I was sleeping and woken up at 1am to go out clubbing. Rolled out with the same clothes I was sleeping in, bed hair and everything, just threw on a baseball cap, lol.

On that same thread I wrote that IMO this is too extreme. I do the following: instead of pre-drinking since 9pm (like most guys do) I get a couple of hours nap and go out at 12-1am. You are still getting the prime sarging hours, while being freshly showered and dressed, unlike the competition, who already stink of beer, sweat, and smokes.

As for not paying cover when you show up late, this may work at regular clubs, but when there is a big party they do charge all night. I remember once at an outdoors rave at the beach where Tiesto was going to be the DJ we showed up 5am - well guess what, they asked us to pay $40 which was the ticket price all night. Paying that for a 6-hour set may be fine if you are a fan but I wasn't going to pay that for the 1-2 hours remaining.

Quote: (08-29-2010 03:22 PM)K-man Wrote:  

On that same thread I wrote that IMO this is too extreme. I do the following: instead of pre-drinking since 9pm (like most guys do) I get a couple of hours nap and go out at 12-1am. You are still getting the prime sarging hours, while being freshly showered and dressed, unlike the competition, who already stink of beer, sweat, and smokes.

When was closing time - 2am? Did you get better results from this?

When I lived in South Beach, it was standard for me & my wing to go out between 12m-2am. In SoBe most people go out after 12m anyway.

Quote: (08-29-2010 03:22 PM)K-man Wrote:  

once at an outdoors rave at the beach where Tiesto was going to be the DJ we showed up 5am - well guess what, they asked us to pay $40 which was the ticket price all night. Paying that for a 6-hour set may be fine if you are a fan but I wasn't going to pay that for the 1-2 hours remaining.

Maybe the strategy would be to just wait on the beach area or parking lot outside the venue gate as the girls walk out (most probably drunk or high/stoned). One doesn't have to be inside the venue to game them.

What about showing up early at bars and pubs (say around 8 pm or so) and the sarging till the loud music is switched on at around 10:30 pm? I find it incredibly difficult to run any sort of game once the loud music comes on.

Maybe develop rapport with a chick and then venue bounce her to a club for some prime kino escalation.

Ha, this is fucked up.

Just take advantage of any and every opportunity as it presents itself, whether at 2AM or 2PM. For all the skills, routines and whatnot you will memorize, the real game is when you are able to improvise on the spot by approaching a girl in a situation any average guy would see as an impossible move.

I sat down today, and wrote on paper all the successful *UNIQUE* bangs of 2010 all around the world I've had so far, and then broke down some logistics to see where I am most successful:

Day Game:

Total Bangs resulting from Day Game: 67

Day Game Stats broken down by time window of number above:

Total successful bangs when approaches were made between

0600-Noon: 8 bangs /* these were approaches made of girls jogging on the beach/park, walking their dog, heading to work, early morning coffee shops. */

Noon-1600hrs (Lunch breaks): 17 bangs /* These were bangs of girls I would approach at office corporate parks/lunch venues */

1600-2100 - Happy Hours: 42 bangs

Night Game Total Bangs: 48

2100 - 0000: 24 /* These are bangs where approaches were made at clubs before it gets very crowded */

0000 - 0200: 11 /* These are bangs where approaches were made at night venues during PEAK time */

0200 - 0400: 4 /* These are bangs where approaches were made while the night winds down or there is an after-party option */

0400 - 0600: 9 /* These are bangs where approaches were made during last call, or closing time, or shortly after arriving at an after-party */

So, these stats tell me that as today in 2010, I have banged a total of 115 UNIQUE women, and these stats tell me that I should focus more on Happy Hours, and early night game before clubs get crowded.

Alos, I make it a habit to approach 2 women per day, no matter what happens. So, you can say that I may have approached a total of about 700 women in 2010, of which, I banged 115.

DISCLAIMER: I may have left some women out as I do not remember all of the women I banged, but these are the ones I remember. My apologies to the ladies I may have forgotten to count; that does not mean it was not special.

Happy Hour anyone?

Mixx

Mixx get here early..HH is good times.

0600-Noon: 8 bangs /* these were approaches made of girls jogging on the beach/park, walking their dog, heading to work, early morning coffee shops. */

How consistent were you during this time frame? Is this just not an optimal time to meet women or do you usually get up at 11ish?

Quote: (12-01-2010 03:47 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

How consistent were you during this time frame? Is this just not an optimal time to meet women or do you usually get up at 11ish?

I live on the beach, and usually take my dog for a morning walk/light jog, and then head back out to coffee shops around 10ish.

It's not an optimal time to get bangs, which is probably why I don't have high stats during this time window.

I do this dog walking routine 6x per week, and when travelling, I still get up and go out to coffee shops around 9ish.

Nice breakdown, Mixx. I'd love to see you post some detailed field reports.

I have a question for you man. Where you always a natural or did you start off as clueless and just figured it out for yourself?

Quote: (12-01-2010 03:47 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

From whatever little experience I have day gaming, have noticed a definite pattern that women are typically less receptive to approaches made during the morning and upto lunch hour. I have tried approaching some women during this period (0800 - 1200) and the common response I got was "Isnt it early in the day to be doing this?" After an answer like that, theres only 1 way that the conversation can go and thats down.

The greatest success I have had day gaming (in terms of non-flakes and girls actually showing up on dates) has been between 1700 - 2000 (during the summer). That for me is the golden hour period where most women have completed their daily chores and are mostly strolling thru the shopping streets.

Of course now that winter has properly set in and it gets dark by 1630, there is no scope for day game. The only scope is approaching within supermarkets and coffee shops, which in Switzerland is kinda awkward.

Full respect to Mixx tho for the incredible stats. Its guys like you who make me stay motivated and keep on learning and applying.

Quote: (12-01-2010 04:11 PM)Sirob Wrote:  

I have tried approaching some women during this period (0800 - 1200) and the common response I got was "Isnt it early in the day to be doing this?"

That's just a shit test, nothing more. The trick to gaming women at this hour is to break down the early morning bitch syndrome with actually agreeing with what she says. Do it in a very funny, and confident "I could care less" attitude.

So, next time you hear that response during early morning hunting, give this a try:

Target: "Isnt it early in the day to be doing this?"
Mixx: "yeah, you're right, thanks for letting me of the hook as I hate approaching mornings anyways, so, shall we continue this at my place tonight?"

Something like the above will clearly show your target you give 2 shits about her approval, and most of all, that you are a fun guy at all times!

If she still gives you shit and is just not being receptive, use the Almighty word girls hate to hear "NEXT!". She's too stupid to see a good thing when it lands in her face.

Quote: (12-01-2010 04:11 PM)Sirob Wrote:  

Full respect to Mixx tho for the incredible stats. Its guys like you who make me stay motivated and keep on learning and applying.

Thanks, I am just a guy with a serious pussy addiction. =)

Good breakdown Mixx. I wasn't quite sure if the stats represent an actual bang as an immediate result of an approach made during that time period or if it included bangs that resulted days later or even that evening.

I can't recall banging a girl immediately after meeting her during happy hour. However, it is easier to meet girls & people in general since I'm usually at happy hour with coworkers or friends, so there's good social proof to build on and helps opening other girls and even merging groups. Right after HH most people either want to bounce to a restaurant or go to a club but sometimes go home first to get ready. I guess this would be the time to make a move & go home with her?

Quote: (12-01-2010 05:18 PM)exe Wrote:  

Good breakdown Mixx. I wasn't quite sure if the stats represent an actual bang as an immediate result of an approach made during that time period or if it included bangs that resulted days later or even that evening.

I can't recall banging a girl immediately after meeting her during happy hour. However, it is easier to meet girls & people in general since I'm usually at happy hour with coworkers or friends, so there's good social proof to build on and helps opening other girls and even merging groups. Right after HH most people either want to bounce to a restaurant or go to a club but sometimes go home first to get ready. I guess this would be the time to make a move & go home with her?

Good question! Always go for the kill right after happy hour if you have gotten as far as sticking your tongue in her mouth. Which I would trust you have done way before HH ends. If she is really smoking hot, and you have not kissed her, then use her as a pivot/social proof at a night venue so that you can use her to pick up other women, or create jealousy so that you can close on her later on that night at another venue. Careful! Wait too long and it can backfire on you.

The stats I broke down are bangs form results of approaching in general, they do not reflect which were SNL's. I'd have to think really hard for that one, as I do not remember that many details hehe.

I can tell you that I never go past 10 hours of actual together (physical escalation) time before getting the bang. If that 10 hrs of "physical time" happens in one night, cool, sometimes those 10 physical contact hours can stretch over 7-10 days depending on our schedules and logistics of how we met.

That's like one new bang every 3 days. Insane!

You know it would be interesting to actually see a documentary of a pua broken down like this.

I would love to see a documentary where one guy is filmed for an entire year. Every single approach, pickup and bang documented.

A year in the life of a pickup artist.

I would actually pay to watch that.

How did you pull that off? Did you repeat bang any of them? If you start repeat banging you're getting laid more then anyone not in the NBA or in a major rock band

Quote: (12-01-2010 10:34 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

You know it would be interesting to actually see a documentary of a pua broken down like this.

I would love to see a documentary where one guy is filmed for an entire year. Every single approach, pickup and bang documented.

Well, what do ya say Mixx? I got a camera. I'll crash at your Miami Beach pad for a year and film you doing pickups. I won't film you fucking though! [Image: biggrin.gif]

The hidden cameras in his bedroom will take care of that part

Jesus, 115 and youve still got a month to go. How in the hell is that feasible without living in a 3rd world country all year.

Uh, did I just read that right? Or are you missing a decimal point or something?

If this is true, that's being a real fucking legend. "A" list celebrities aren't going to be anywhere close!

I don't think "natural" is the right word. Maybe "8th Natural Wonder of the World"?

Quote: (12-01-2010 03:41 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

I sat down today, and wrote on paper all the successful *UNIQUE* bangs of 2010 all around the world I've had so far, and then broke down some logistics to see where I am most successful:

Day Game:

Total Bangs resulting from Day Game: 67

Day Game Stats broken down by time window of number above:

Total successful bangs when approaches were made between

Noon-1600hrs (Lunch breaks): 17 bangs /* These were bangs of girls I would approach at office corporate parks/lunch venues */

1600-2100 - Happy Hours: 42 bangs

Night Game Total Bangs: 48

2100 - 0000: 24 /* These are bangs where approaches were made at clubs before it gets very crowded */

0000 - 0200: 11 /* These are bangs where approaches were made at night venues during PEAK time */

0200 - 0400: 4 /* These are bangs where approaches were made while the night winds down or there is an after-party option */

0400 - 0600: 9 /* These are bangs where approaches were made during last call, or closing time, or shortly after arriving at an after-party */

So, these stats tell me that as today in 2010, I have banged a total of 115 UNIQUE women, and these stats tell me that I should focus more on Happy Hours, and early night game before clubs get crowded.

Alos, I make it a habit to approach 2 women per day, no matter what happens. So, you can say that I may have approached a total of about 700 women in 2010, of which, I banged 115.

DISCLAIMER: I may have left some women out as I do not remember all of the women I banged, but these are the ones I remember. My apologies to the ladies I may have forgotten to count; that does not mean it was not special.

Happy Hour anyone?

Mixx

You know that's a 16% success rate. Paul Janka has a 11% success rate( he bangs one girl for every 9 he approaches.

I would be very interested in how you pick up girls during day game.

Quote: (12-01-2010 10:34 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

How much would you pay exactly? =) I'm cool with a camera following me around in 2011, heck, I can even use it as a prop for picking up even more women...lol