rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Advice, working at a hotel in Lapa Rio

So i got a job at a hotel in Lapa and Im tryin to find some solid advice for that area. My main concerns are safety and money. from what I can gather, I understand the girls are more chill in this area? Has anyone been there before? Id like to go and have a good time and chase tail and all but I hear it can be dangerous. Also, is Lapa the kind of place where you'd want to live for a few months?

Im blonde so I'd stick out like a sore thumb, i dont know if thats good or bad. My only experience of SA was visiting Medellen and Bogota last march, and man, Ive never had an entire metro car of people staring in awe at me. It was pretty intense but cool at the same time...Colombia is the tits, makin out with hottie baby aguardente breathed smokeshells got me hooked. I hope Rio can stack up.

Lapa can be kind of ghetto, I'm not sure how dangerous it really is, but you will stick out there being blonde, it is close to some favelas. The street parties and some of the clubs are good Weds-Sat. nights, I heard the beginning of the week is dead. Overall Lapa isn't a place I'd want to live, it's kind of run down and dingy, and not that close to the beach. I'd much rather prefer Ipanema, Leblon, or even Copa or Botafago.

if i was you id try and live in copa or botafago. i wouldnt really call lapa dangerous. its like any other place. just use street smarts and the worst thing u might encounter is a mugging or two.

can you speak Portuguese? and how did u manage to land a job in Rio?

thanks man, anyone know if there are any posts on how blonde hair blue eyed dudes fair in brasil?

u are gonna need to be able to speak the language. if u can do that than u will be able to game some brasilians.

Yeah, Lapa can be more on the edge than say Leblon or Ipanema, but it's not bad at all. Make sure to make a couple of good local friends to show some cool places/areas. Other than that, dress down, don't act stupid, don't go out flashing your ipod/iphone etc (all common sense) and you should be fine. Other than that, lingo would be a big factor there in not only gaming some hot gatinhas, but also in getting around, having good deals when you buying stuff and having all around better (much better) experience!

You being blonde with blue eyes should clean it there specially if you speak some Portuguese.

Have fun, can't wait to get back to Rio next March for Carnaval!

i don't know rio that well but you need to keep in mind that Lapa is quite far from the touristy areas of ipanema and copa - it seemed like a 30 min taxi drive when i was there

can't comment on safety - i was def too paranoid when i was in rio and sp

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"