rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Roosh's 2013 Prediction Has Pretty Much Come True

Just as a refresher, since it's been a while since Roosh posted this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miF9pn0kkPc

Basically Roosh predicted that the whole "manosphere" would blow up and gain large-scale regognition in 2013.

I was just reflecting on changes that I've noticed this year, and it seems to me that Roosh's prediction has more or less come true.

Here are just a few signs:

1. Everybody seems to know what an "MRA" is now.

The topic has come up at least a few times when I was out with friends. And I wasn't the one to bring it up. Even if the whole MRA set is the worst part of the manosphere, this is at least some local evidence that people are becoming more aware of the young men's issues.

2. I've noticed that a lot of people are sorta quietly opposed to feminism these days.

By 'quietly opposed' I mean they don't really talk about it but they'll usually acknowledge it when somebody says something critical of feminism. I have a friend who's a lot ballsier than I am when it comes to saying un-PC shit in real life, and he rants about this stuff all the time. Surprisingly, many people agree with him, and few people really react as true white knights.

3. Everybody knows what a 'white knight' is at this point.

I think it's kind of generally acknowledged that 'white knighting' isn't something that normal guys do; that it's a certain personality type that feels the need to behave this way. I think people are becoming more aware of this kind of behavior.

Anyway, I realize that all this is very local, anecdotal and inconclusive, but it's something!

Quote: (06-24-2013 12:09 AM)Andy_B Wrote:  

Basically Roosh predicted that the whole "manosphere" would blow up and gain large-scale regognition in 2013.

I was just reflecting on changes that I've noticed this year, and it seems to me that Roosh's prediction has more or less come true.

The topic has come up at least a few times when I was out with friends. And I wasn't the one to bring it up. Even if the whole MRA set is the worst part of the manosphere, this is at least some local evidence that people are becoming more aware of the young men's issues.

2. I've noticed that a lot of people are sorta quietly opposed to feminism these days.

By 'quietly opposed' I mean they don't really talk about it but they'll usually acknowledge it when somebody says something critical of feminism. I have a friend who's a lot ballsier than I am when it comes to saying un-PC shit in real life, and he rants about this stuff all the time. Surprisingly, many people agree with him, and few people really react as true white knights.

I think it's kind of generally acknowledged that 'white knighting' isn't something that normal guys do; that it's a certain personality type that feels the need to behave this way. I think people are becoming more aware of this kind of behavior.

Anyway, I realize that all this is very local, anecdotal and inconclusive, but it's something!

Speak for your own area. Where I am, nobody knows or cares about any of this stuff.

It's not mainstream, but MRA, MGTOW, etc. seem to be penetrating to the cognoscenti. To give an example, this year the prominent economist Tyler Cowen has cited Heartiste in his blog Marginal Revolution, as have some right-wing magazines like the Weekly Standard. Roosh was interviewed at the Washington Times. Salon and Slate now note the MRA perspective, if only to then launch the feminist torpedoes.

Brace yourself, however, for the complete distortion and manipulation of red pill ideas. They will attempt to use the manosphere as fodder for culture wars which will end up pushing Western civilization even further off the cliff.

Well, manosphere ideas are starting to get mainstream exposure.

Going Galt: Why men are boycotting marriage, fatherhood and the American Dream

http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/21/going-...can-dream/

Opinion: Why Men are Boycotting Marraige

http://live.wsj.com/video/opinion-why-me...7DEDD9821E

Men Boycotting the American Dream?

http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/lou-do..._id=164630

Agree with a lot of the above, though I'm not sure if it's anywhere close to starting to turn the tide, despite all the great work and writing.

Another aspect I've noticed is more women arguing among themselves as to what constitutes feminism and feminist causes.

This seems to be a natural result of the dilution of the term to fit so many agendas. It seems like some of the rallying points that form consensus usually only come from outrageously obvious or misinformed statements like the Todd Akin quotes.

The "quiet opposition" is another good point.

I've known and slept with girls who I found out later are more vocal about feminist or PC issues, but at the time would totally agree with me and expand on points such as the need for more discipline and less fat acceptance in society.

However, this comes out in private since they are usually too cowardly to make public statements, especially those in academia.

Quote: (06-24-2013 12:13 AM)soup Wrote:  

Speak for your own area. Where I am, nobody knows or cares about any of this stuff.

Yeah I realized at the end that basically everything I said was based on my own area, hence the "I realize this is very local..."

Quote: (06-24-2013 12:22 AM)Therapsid Wrote:  

It's not mainstream, but MRA, MGTOW, etc. seem to be penetrating to the cognoscenti. To give an example, this year the prominent economist Tyler Cowen has cited Heartiste in his blog Marginal Revolution, as have some right-wing magazines like the Weekly Standard. Roosh was interviewed at the Washington Times. Salon and Slate now note the MRA perspective, if only to then launch the feminist torpedoes.

Brace yourself, however, for the complete distortion and manipulation of red pill ideas. They will attempt to use the manosphere as fodder for culture wars which will end up pushing Western civilization even further off the cliff.

It would do well to remember that a huge part of feminist game is taking everything out of context. Developing a standard for manosphere writing where it is near impossible to misinterpret anything would be a very useful tool at this point, for a couple of reasons:

1) It would effectively remove half of the feminist assault tool kit
2) Intelligent writing will strike a chord with the few remaining rational thinkers
3) We can make it easier for those who aren't as linguistically sharp to grasp the concepts we're trying to demonstrate

Eventually, more and more people will start realising that most PC bullshit is just a babbling enslaught of senseless propoganda, without any clear intentions.

The Manosphere is getting some visible traction I had an Aunt openly start talking to me about how women are behaving like entitled cunts who will abuse their "protected snowflake" status to bitch out a man she does not know in public like if she were a man. She basically said emphatically, girls like that should be socked in the mouth by a man and no one should be doing anything about it. I could not believe what I was hearing, actually it made sense hearing it from her.

We're still far away from reigning the bitches in. I don't think it will happen, don't care either these hamsters in the west are out of control.

Quote:Quote:

agreed Soup, same here.

I have no problem telling an entitled cunt off in public given the right backdrop. I'd rather be called an asshole by everyone in earshot rather than let the shit I hear and see keep going on.

My buddy got kicked out of a club this weekend where entitled snobs were outta line, the bouncing staff works out at the same gym as us. The bouncers were like;"Dude I totally agree with you calling those girls that, that was great! But its policy and we gotta give you the boot.."

Hilarious really. Chalk one up for the red-pill gang. [Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (06-24-2013 02:09 AM)Ingocnito Wrote:  

Hilarious really. Chalk one up for the red-pill gang. [Image: banana.gif]

That's not a win at all, that's just sitting there and taking it like a bitch..

Here in Australia, you get absolutely hated on if your talk bad about feminism. Men here still need to swallow the blue pill. no one seems ot knwo what white knighting or MRA means, or they think MRA is a joke.

I have only two friends who know and the only chick that is even somewhat aware of this stuff just so happens to be Polish. Australia is still behind on this issue, but I have hope for Australia since Australia does follow america.

@Fredster: Strangely enough, I know more women that have a red pill viewpoint than men. Then again, a majority of my friends are men and just do what they want anyway. It's really only the ugly/fat/cunty women, and the losers that don't get laid anyway, that get pissed off when the topic comes up. Those people usually don't remain friends with me for very long. That being said, my university is home to one of the biggest gay communities I'm aware of in my city - meaning that gays and women get a lot of special treatment and your average student is pretty much ignored.

I bag out feminism all the time.

I recently blamed it for having the NRL react to gallen's punch on Myles, when the implemented automatic sin-bin for the biff.

Earlier when a chick behind me asked me to help her move the heavy compactus doors, and she reacted a bit muted when I said "What's in it for me?".. I told her "That's what equality feels like".

I didn't feel the hate.

[Image: wtf.jpg]

Have you talked to everybody in the world?

[Image: laugh4.gif]

I do hear "white knight" get thrown around in real life but I don't think it's due to the manosphere - more because of internet culture and speak getting more mainstream; kinda like how even preppy girls are starting to say "cool story bro". White knight is a term that gets used on the internet a lot outside our little corner of it.

And I don't know about you guys but it hasn't been uncommon for me to hear quiet, muted criticism of feminism among guys even before the manosphere came to be. Now if it there was a huge public backlash against it and the people behind backlash against it weren't the typical right-wing Fox News crowd, then I would stand up and take notice.

There are liberal critiques against feminism too, especially modern feminism.

Of course, one of feminism's great strengths is that you can always say "That's not what real feminism is."

I've heard two very liberal girls have a conversation like this.

Girl A: I can't believe any woman wouldn't call herself a feminist!
Girl B: I don't call myself a feminist. I don't believe in labels like that.
Girl A: Right, ok, but come on, feminists are responsible for the rights you enjoy today.
Girl B: Sure, but I don't like a lot of things that modern feminists do, and I don't need to call myself one. A lot of the man-hating and self-victimization is a very bad attitude.
Girl A: OK but that's not what real feminism is, real feminism is about equality.
Girl B: Sure, I'm for equality, but it seems like lots of feminists are really negative and bossy and try to tell people what to do. I don't like that.
Girl A: OK but that's not what real feminism is... etc

I think any type of mainstream appearance of our beliefs is more a curse than a blessing. The limelight gets very hot and there is little to be gained. I'm content with how things are.

Help your brothers and friends who want help, but otherwise, I don't care about others.

Yeah, I am not sure about this.

I never hear people mention this stuff offline.

Interestingly enough, I never hear people talk about "Five Flag Theory", Gold/Commodity Prices, Belarusian Girls, Serbian Girls, taking a trip to The Balkans, 3 tier Ukrainian citys VS Tier 1 cities, Polanco Nightclubs in Guadalajara or really any of the stuff we talk about.

If I do mention it, even people that are cool and know what is up, their eyes start glazing over.

I think we are in this one by ourselves, boys.

Roosh's predictions has rung true for the online communities but I'd have to agree that IRL, things are pretty much the same. I think for people like us that regularly post and lurk on forums and get involved with internet culture - we tend to forget that even in today's wired world people like us are still the minority. Sure pretty much everyone uses the internet these days and I'm sure a lot of people have made a comment on a Youtube video or a news article a few times in their life, but the majority of people still are not actively involved in online communities like we are.

Quote: (06-24-2013 12:54 AM)Architekt Wrote:  

Quote: (06-24-2013 12:22 AM)Therapsid Wrote:  

It would do well to remember that a huge part of feminist game is taking everything out of context. Developing a standard for manosphere writing where it is near impossible to misinterpret anything would be a very useful tool at this point, for a couple of reasons:

1) It would effectively remove half of the feminist assault tool kit
2) Intelligent writing will strike a chord with the few remaining rational thinkers
3) We can make it easier for those who aren't as linguistically sharp to grasp the concepts we're trying to demonstrate

Eventually, more and more people will start realising that most PC bullshit is just a babbling enslaught of senseless propoganda, without any clear intentions.

"It would do well to remember that a huge part of feminist game is taking everything out of context. Developing a standard for manosphere writing where it is near impossible to misinterpret anything would be a very useful tool at this point..."

I think the way to do that is to invade the mainstream (i.e. FB) with memes designed to mock feminist thought. I am so frigging tired of memes that shame men, etc. If you come up with a meme that's smart enough, it will be passed around and can expose how stupid feminists are. Here is my basic idea -- if anyone wants to collaborate or tweak it, let me know. (PS: My idea reiterates some old manosphere ideas like "fembot bingo" but exposes the bs better, I think.)

How A Feminist Argues:
"Men die younger and make up the majority of workplace deaths."
"You must have a small penis."

"Did you know 80 percent of women file for divorce?"
"Aw, did your mommy not love you?"

"Men are more likely to be the victims of assault than women, yet all the funding goes for violence against women."
"You're a rape apologist."

And so on. I'd like to do this using real statistics about men but am a bit scattered, so if anyone thinks this idea has merit, go ahead...

cracked just put out a game denialist/beta rage piece on 'how not to be an asshole'

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-simple-ste...ure_module

the alpha/beta dynamic is going mainstream (on the internet). I'm starting to see the alpha/beta dynamic and basic game tenets mentioned with increasing frequency. Its only a matter of time until that permeates into real life interactions.

Cracked is a haven for blue pill and SWPL types.

Bodybuilding has been mainstream for decades. I see more and more out of shape people every day.

If the manosphere goes mainstream, it will just be a lot of white knights and bitter women in the real world hating on us in public.

Yay mainstream.

The fact is, among YOUNG MEN, the manosphere continues to grow in popularity, and that's all that really matters. If the manosphere can just dominate one sector of society, that our influence will last for generations.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

I think that one of the greatest strengths of the manosphere is something which is likely be disregarded by, because misunderstood by, the opposition: this is not a movement, per se, but a culture. Cultures grow and develop on a generational timescale, and the principles, ideals, myths, taboos, and rituals thereof are taught by parents to their children, through rites of passage, stories, music, and above all, example. This is the ideal way for the manosphere to go mainstream.

The wrong way would be to attempt to make converts prematurely, to too loudly rail against the prevailing narrative. The result of that would be the same kind of mainstream awareness that the Catholic Church now enjoys as a result of various scandals involving young boys.