rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Future of Identification

Quote:Quote:

I’m here because I wanted to get a better grasp on biometric identification, specifically what it’s like for a person like you or me, who hasn’t committed a crime but, at some point in the near future, will use some part of our bodies to confirm a credit card purchase or enter a foreign country. I’m trying to square what just took place inside with what I had secretly hoped would happen.

Biometric identification has a faint whiff of the future about it. What that future looks like depends entirely on your perspective. It could be a dystopian world, often seen in movies, novels, and comic books where Big Brother haunts our heroes, monitoring them through iris scans or facial recognition. Or it could be a sleek and polished future, where speaking an authorization code grants you control of a vehicle or glancing at a camera opens a locked door with a hushed hiss.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/tech/b...ification/

You can copy/hack anything. They are able to beat fingerprint scanners with photocopies of the original print. There's a mythbusters episode about it.

The more things go digital the less secure the information is. Remember it's professional hackers that design all this stuff and the same tools they use to build the technology they can use to take it apart. Hacking is part of the development process. They call it debugging.

The future is off-grid in my opinion.

Team Nachos

I'm fairly optimistic about this, being a bit of a science fiction enthusiast myself. The rate at which technology is advancing is just absolutely astonishing. I personally think audio recognition technology will be mastered 1st, taking into account recent advancements such as Siri, etc.

One thing's for certain; we are living in a crazy, innovative time.

When we start getting microchipped, that will be about the time I will remove myself from the planet.