rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Obesity is officially a disease, American Medical Association rules

Quote:Quote:

[Image: alg-obesity-jpg.jpg]

Obesity isn't just a major public health problem -- it's a disease, the American Medical Association has ruled.

The influential physicians' group voted to officially recognize obesity as a disease at its annual meeting Tuesday.

“Recognizing obesity as a disease will help change the way the medical community tackles this complex issue that affects approximately one in three Americans,” AMA board member Patrice Harris, M.D., said in a statement. “The AMA is committed to improving health outcomes and is working to reduce the incidence of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes, which are often linked to obesity.”

The group acknowledges that obesity "[requires] a range of medical interventions to advance ... treatment and prevention," the statement also said.

The decision is expected to change how insurance companies cover obesity, opening up a wider range of treatment options for obese patients who may also have related health conditions such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and certain types of cancers and disabilities.

Continued in link
https://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/h...-1.1376796

Sure as hell isn't a communicable disease.

This isn't a step in the right direction. Labeling it a disease absolves the fatties of any agency by giving them a scapegoat: "It's not my fault! I must've developed this obesity at the buffet line at Sizzler's" Smh

Gotta buy stock in some bariatric hospital-supply companies. Those shares are gonna skyrocket in the next few decades.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

This is just a PC way of saying fat is bad. Whatever. As long as it becomes government policy to reduce fatness, I don't care what they call it.

Disease - of the mind perhaps? Take care of yourself, you lazy fucks!

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (06-21-2013 07:54 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

This is just a PC way of saying fat is bad. Whatever. As long as it becomes government policy to reduce fatness, I don't care what they call it.

You (non-obese Americans) should care. Classifying it as a disease means treatment can be covered by insurance, and hence more money for the medical-industrial complex. Anyone with health insurance, whether obese or not, will be subsidizing this treatment via increased rates. In other words, this will result in a wealth-transfer from healthy-weighted people to the obese and their physicians. The AMA didn't do this out of the kindness of their hearts; like everything else, follow the money.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Heart disease is a classified as a disease too, and it's still preventable. Nothing to see here, move on. Let them die off like dinosaurs.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (06-21-2013 08:19 PM)Soma Wrote:  

You (non-obese Americans) should care. Classifying it as a disease means treatment can be covered by insurance, and hence more money for the medical-industrial complex. Anyone with health insurance, whether obese or not, will be subsidizing this treatment via increased rates. In other words, this will result in a wealth-transfer from healthy-weighted people to the obese and their physicians. The AMA didn't do this out of the kindness of their hearts; like everything else, follow the money.

+1. This is nothing more than an opportunity to create a market for Big Pharma and related industries. Pure BS.

it's an eating disorder

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Quote: (06-21-2013 08:48 PM)Vronsky Wrote:  

+1. This is nothing more than an opportunity to create a market for Big Pharma and related industries. Pure BS.

I am going to quote this again because it is so important. This level of corruption is fucking ridiculous.

"Im not, nom nom, fat, nom, its a, nom nom, medical condition, nom."

All the more reason to stay away from fatties - you don't want to catch fat off them.

Fat is the enemy of the world

Think of how much money these fatties would save/spend on shit of they didn't spend it on food.

I spend about $20 a day on food and that's two meals. I stay the same weight no matter what and my metabolism isn't even that great. These are large meals.

How much does a fat person spend each day on food?

Quote: (06-22-2013 11:53 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

Think of how much money these fatties would save/spend on shit of they didn't spend it on food.

I spend about $20 a day on food and that's two meals. I stay the same weight no matter what and my metabolism isn't even that great. These are large meals.

How much does a fat person spend each day on food?

How much soda can you get for $20? Or even one step up, how many fast food calories?

You probably eat healthy even if portions are big, right?

The healthier I eat the more $ I spend.

And yes, other people correctly identified this as a scam to allow the medical/pharma complex to become even richer, with yet another straw down in our wallets.

Edit: Here is the proof of that last statement, quoted from article. "[requires] a range of medical interventions to advance ... treatment and prevention". BS detector going to 11.

Quote: (06-22-2013 10:33 PM)LooTa Wrote:  

All the more reason to stay away from fatties - you don't want to catch fat off them.

Thats not a joke, fat is contagious. Stay away from fat people unless you want to be fat yourself.

Quote: (06-21-2013 08:46 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Heart disease is a classified as a disease too, and it's still preventable. Nothing to see here, move on. Let them die off like dinosaurs.

Die off like dinosaurs figuratively...and literally...

Obesity is a fucking choice.

I've learned that one of the most fruitless arguments I've made to friends or family is about weight.