rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Second grader in wheelchair set apart from classmates in school photo

[Image: 0ffd23e8-a83d-47ec-9ff2-2ae00fefe088_Miles-photo.jpg]

Quote:Quote:

Class photos usually end up on the family fridge, but the snapshot Anne Belanger received of her son’s Grade 2 class in New Westminster, B.C. went straight back into the envelope in which it arrived.

The mother of Miles Ambridge was heartbroken to see that her seven-year-old boy, who has spinal muscular atrophy and, as a result, must use a wheelchair, had been placed, chair and all, far off to the side from the rest of his classmates.

This physical distance emphasizes the fact that he’s not included in the group, Belanger tells the Province, and the photo serves as the most egregious example so far.
“Look at the angle that he was in,” she says, referring to the way Miles is clearly craning his body toward the other children to get closer to them in the shot. “He’s ostracized. He wants to be part of the gang so much.”

Even worse, she says, the placement decision was made by the adults who organized the photo.
“Kids can be cruel but this comes from adults, which is even worse,” Belanger adds. “Adults should know better.”

I blame the female teacher.

...Would still bang.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

I saw this yesterday. Is it just me, or does it look like the wheelchair is up as close as possible to the wooden slats of the bleachers? From where I'm standing, I'm not convinced they could have gotten his chair any closer because of the bench.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

It looks like there is two benches. First row sitting on the first one, second row standing between the benches, then third row standing on second bench. In this configuration he couldnt have gotten much closer.

Perhaps they could have taken him out of the wheelchair and had him sit? At least the attractive teacher could have filled that sad space between him and the other kids.

I once in highschool was an aide for 1st graders, and even then some were cruel. I hope this little dude gets respect from his little peers.

Quote: (06-18-2013 06:42 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

I saw this yesterday. Is it just me, or does it look like the wheelchair is up as close as possible to the wooden slats of the bleachers? From where I'm standing, I'm not convinced they could have gotten his chair any closer because of the bench.

They could have just put him in front and let some of the shorter girls kneel behind him. There were unlimited ways to include this kid in the picture.

Regardless, I don't care and I think this is funny as hell. What the fuck are you supposed to do when your kid has muscular atrophy? I think I would just let that baby die at birth, it's not a life worth living.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Thats what I was thinking. Unless the kid was taken out of the wheelchair (what teacher would dare do that these days) he would always be a distance from the other classmates and seen as different.

Girls should be an ornament to the eye, not an ache in the ear.

Those damn blurry face kids always discriminate on the visible face kids.

How much is the mom suing for?

Dude its Canada we don't sue. She'll probably just become an 'activist' and start a non profit in nearby Vancouver.

It's bad on the teachers part. If it was physically tough to get him into we're the bleachers are the teacher should of stood behind him on that left side. Simple.

Quote: (06-18-2013 06:36 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

[Image: 0ffd23e8-a83d-47ec-9ff2-2ae00fefe088_Miles-photo.jpg]

Further discrimination - All the kid's faces are blurred out except for the handicapped kid.

Crippled kids don't need anonymity. lol

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

...Would still bang.

More teacher pics:

[Image: 2d88ce6387bf1fbac83242584790fbfd.jpeg]

[Image: 8+-+all+jean.JPG]

[Image: jan6+2011+014.JPG]

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Don't worry they reshot the picture this time with him out of the chair in a Special Ed teachers care.

Still the issue could have been avoided had the teacher taken up the empty space.

Quote: (06-18-2013 09:39 PM)Soma Wrote:  

...Would still bang.

More teacher pics:

[Image: 2d88ce6387bf1fbac83242584790fbfd.jpeg]

[Image: 8+-+all+jean.JPG]

[Image: jan6+2011+014.JPG]

She screams try hard granola vegan enviro-hippie whom dives a VW,Toyota, or a small BMW (on a teachers salary? ... It's BC), and bikes occasionally at opportune moments when she looks most cool doing so.

Would be a easy bang if you found her in a bar - 90% of female teachers have head issues.

Looks like they fixed it:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenti...6667439279

+1 to hot for teacher

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Those were my thoughts, also. Western society seems to have developed an obsession with pretending there are problems where they don't actually exist...

Quote: (06-18-2013 06:52 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

I think I would just let that baby die at birth, it's not a life worth living.

Why is it the weak like to look down on the weaker?

Speaking of teachers, i got caught looking up the teachers dress [as u do!] in grade 4

I think she did/nt mind as nothing happened, maybe she wanted to date me?

Should have shagged her?

"Lifes about shooting your load"

9 y/o banging young 20 something teacher, straight from uni? I'd do it if I was the 9 y/o...

Quote: (06-20-2013 10:11 PM)RASER Wrote:  

Speaking of teachers, i got caught looking up the teachers dress [as u do!] in grade 4

I think she did/nt mind as nothing happened, maybe she wanted to date me?

Should have shagged her?

"Lifes about shooting your load"

Quote: (06-20-2013 09:57 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

+1 to hot for teacher

From the article:

Incredibly, the new photograph has been criticised as "sending the wrong message" because it shows Miles out of his wheelchair.

You just can't fucking win with these people.

1. Leave kid in wheelchair and put him as close to bench as possible = you excluded him.

2. Take kid out of wheelchair and put him on bench = you're saying that the kid has to pretend to be something he isn't in order to fit in.

Motherfuckers.

Quote: (06-20-2013 10:15 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Quote: (06-20-2013 09:57 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

+1 to hot for teacher

From the article:

Incredibly, the new photograph has been criticised as "sending the wrong message" because it shows Miles out of his wheelchair.

You just can't fucking win with these people.

1. Leave kid in wheelchair and put him as close to bench as possible = you excluded him.

2. Take kid out of wheelchair and put him on bench = you're saying that the kid has to pretend to be something he isn't in order to fit in.

Motherfuckers.

aaannd that is why most people and their opinions can shove it.

Reppin the Jersey Shore.

Why not let the whole class close the gap by moving to the right?

I read another story today from Vancouver or something where a teacher duct taped a kids mouth shut.

69% of slightly hot girls here hit university with plans of either snagging a husband or becoming an elementary or highschool teacher.

I taped my own mouth shut with scotch tape in elementary school. The teacher didn't seem to mind. It looks like there is some space behind the bleachers for his wheelchair. I do like they took him out of his wheel chair for the picture.

Oh no, I know her.

Really nice girl.