rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Proximity alert - does it work?

I tried to do an experiment yesterday where I would only approach girls who gave the so-called proximity alert. I'd heard about it before, but had forgotten until recently when Roissy wrote a post on that, featuring a video by Mystery. According to him, if a group of girls position themselves next to you in a club/bar, they will be much more receptive if you try to open them. Especially the one whose back is facing you.

So last night I went to the largest club around and only talked to girls who gave off this proximity alert. Can't say it worked great - just 2 out of about 7-8 sets opened at all. The rest either kept on dancing, turned their backs or cut the conversation 1-2 lines after I opened.
This is about the same ratio I get if I don't use such a screening method. Perhaps the setting was not conductive to this experiment, as this was a 2,000-people club at the beach and very crowded - perhaps these girls were just looking for a roomier spot and not necessarily positioned themselves next to me because they liked me.

So I switched to the method that seemed most suited for the place - circling around actively seeking girls who seem like they're looking for it, and then going in caveman-style, dancing/grinding/high-fiving/etc. Felt like a teenager again, and got a few ass grabs and one makeout. Still not so great, but better than if I had stuck to the proximity alert thing.

Quote: (08-12-2010 02:59 AM)K-man Wrote:  

perhaps these girls were just looking for a roomier spot and not necessarily positioned themselves next to me because they liked me.

That's the problem...

Once while I was at a bar I saw two girls talking (one 8 and one 5) on the other side of the bar, I noticed they were looking in my direction. Few minutes after they moved and they were now 1 meter away from me. I took this as an IOI and went to talk to the 8 => Bingo

2 weeks ago I was at a club, on the dancefloor with some friends. I notice 3 girls (one 9, one 8.5, one 6) looking in our direction, and especially one (the 8.5) looking at me. Well same thing, few minutes after they moved and went to dance close to me. I took it as an IOI went to talk to the 8.5 and this bitch basically didn't answer back with a super bitch attitude. Like imagine the reaction of Bar Rafaeli if some bum would invite her to go out.
I ejected the set directly [Image: smile.gif]

So in the first case the girls were actually interested in me, in the second one they just moved close to me because the spot was better. I thought the 8.5 was starring at me but she was just looking where to relocate...

I was just thinking about this yesterday b/c I saw that exact same roissy post. Two of the girls I am seeing right now did the backturn. It's a dead giveaway.

It's not a foolproof IOI. The back turn could signal any number of things. In lots of sets, the girl that kept me in her periphery -- presumably to scope for high value as I was engaging another group -- was much more receptive than the girl with her back to me.

The justification that Mystery used, rooted in evo. psych (as I recall), is not without merit. Ultimately, I think it serves nicely as another tool you can call upon to help you make judgment calls in the field. Rigid methodology cripples your game. The best nights, for me, are when I use vastly different techniques in conjunction with one another. The

On a final note, if you really do believe that the chick with her back to you wants a ride on the alpha carousel, you'll probably be more confident with her than you would be otherwise. That extra bit of confidence, artificial or not, may end up sealing the deal. A quasi placebo effect, if you will.