rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Favela Funk Party

Favela Funk Party

Im going back to Rio in Dec and i have to go to one of these favela funk parties. Last Jan was was my first trip to Rio and i was kinda getting the feel for the city and sticking to the main spots. This time i wanna experience everything i didnt in my last trip. A more local experience.

So does anyone have any info on funk parties? which slum has the best / safest one?

I saw a vid on youtube of some gringos going to one and there was alot of fine ass women dressed in hardly nothing shaking their ass and tities all over the place! ill post it on here if i can find it again!

Favela Funk Party

If you want to attend a real baile funk to a favela, make sure you either go to one with a local. This will be vital and will more or less be the difference between you making it out of there alive or not. With a local that is known in the favela and that you really trust. Otherwise, don't bother and stick to the baile funks organised for the mauricinhos and patricinhas (that is rich kids) in the safe areas of Zona Sul. Btw, how's your portuguese skills as that will come rather very handy.

Favela Funk Party

What he said. Do one organized by a hostel or tour agency and it will be extremely touristy.

Favela Funk Party

Yeah if you see somebody named Knockout Ned or Carrot....run

Favela Funk Party

I had the chance to meet up with a few hot CS chicks at Castelo Das Pedras Baile Funk about 1 hour south of Rio this past September. It was a wonderful experience to finally get a chance to party at a Baile Funk Club and experience the debauchery, dancing, grinding and kissing in the club 1st hand [Image: smile.gif]. This one is pretty safe from what I observed and a few other CS'ers came with us.

When I was there for Carnival 2010 I rolled with my boy whose from the US but lived in Rochinha off and on (Masters work at one of the major Universities there through a Archeticture/Urban Studies program at Michigan) for over 2 years. He's fluent in Portuguese and was cool with a major High-Roller Favela Cat/Hustler who plugged us in.
The party was insane with cheap drinks, banging music and hott/phat booty brazilian hotties poppin that thang but If your scared of a mostly Black/Pardo/Mulatto (Whatever you wanna call it) Brazilian crowd, people showing off guns (pumping them in the air) to Baile Funk and the labyinth overall labyrinth atmosphere of Rochinha then I would stay away. It's not for the faint hearted or scary.

Even my well-off Couchsurfing host who works at IBM, went to Highschool/Undergrad/Graduate in the USA and has her own two-bedroom condo and car right next to Botofogo shoppinh thought I was insane for even going. But then again she doesnt go to Lapa and only parties and hangs in Zona Sul as well and for carnival we hit up the Jockey Club in Gavea for all-inclusive parties that were $$$ and only played Top 40/Hip-Hop and R&B and everyone knew English.

Favela Funk Party

i gotta go and just pray the BOPE dont raid and cause gunfire to erupt. you havent experienced the real Rio without hitting up one of these insane favela funk parties.

Favela Funk Party

Quote: (08-10-2010 10:51 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

i gotta go and just pray the BOPE dont raid and cause gunfire to erupt. you havent experienced the real Rio without hitting up one of these insane favela funk parties.

True indeed...

Favela Funk Party

My second night in Rio I met some Brazilian dudes on the street in Lapa it was friday night. They told me about this place that played funk music and we cruised there at 12:00pm and they start playing funk at 12:30. I'm not sure the name of the venue but it's near the Marina Da Gloria and probably a 10 minute walk from Lapa. It was pretty sick and there were hella bitches twerkin it. There might of been some favela people there because I saw some dudes throwing up their sets. I saw one dude throw up the CV. Also the bathroom was grimey as shit everyone just started pissing all over the place in there. Also i felt some what safe because everyone is patted down before they go in.

Favela Funk Party

Quote: (08-21-2010 10:17 AM)Tony Snow Wrote:  

My second night in Rio I met some Brazilian dudes on the street in Lapa it was friday night. They told me about this place that played funk music and we cruised there at 12:00pm and they start playing funk at 12:30. I'm not sure the name of the venue but it's near the Marina Da Gloria and probably a 10 minute walk from Lapa. It was pretty sick and there were hella bitches twerkin it. There might of been some favela people there because I saw some dudes throwing up their sets. I saw one dude throw up the CV. Also the bathroom was grimey as shit everyone just started pissing all over the place in there. Also i felt some what safe because everyone is patted down before they go in.

Nice, im gonna need to try and figure out where/what this place is exactly. Im also gonna do a "real" favela funk party in rochina though. Cant wait

Favela Funk Party

Yo Dash I found this company on the Internet and they were the company that threw the funk party I went to in Rio. I still haven't figured out the name of the Venue where it was located but it shouldn't be that hard to find this website gives information about the organization and when they have parties.http://www.furacao2000.tv/2010/.

Favela Funk Party

Yeah, you definitely should go with a local, but at the same time I don't think you have a lot to worry about unless you are going to a really bad favela. There is an unwritten law in the favelas, that at these funk parties, no one is to fuck with the kids from outside the favelas, because they want the money brought into the favela. A funk party is probably going to be the safest time to go to a favela.