rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Feminist complains on twitter about lack of female protags at E3. Surprising backlash

Feminist complains on twitter about lack of female protags at E3. Surprising backlash

http://femfreq.tumblr.com/post/526735401...ideo-games

Feminist Frequency @femfreq
Thanks #XboxOne #E3 press conference for revealing to us exactly zero games featuring a female protagonist for the next generation.

Everyone puts her in her place.
It's amazes me how females feel they are entitled to everything if they want female characters in games they should get into the field and stop crying about it.

And if there were more, they would then bitch and moan about the female protagonists being sex objects in pixel form, wearing scantily clad uniforms and men are only interested in the game because of this, a la Lara Croft. Then they would campaign for more "role model women" in games to combat the pixel sluts.

I like seeing more of this, in all honesty. It just spreads their idiocy a whole lot more and people are going to start taking them less seriously.

Feminists are invading the games industry, especially in the games journalism field.

It's getting to the point where you can auto-reply to this shit. Below is a comment I just made on a story that courts unintentional parody. If you're on Twitter, feel free to cut-and-paste the first part for use:

"Here we go again. Most of the battles feminists fought for are won -- boys are pretty much not going to college, men have no reproductive rights, etc. So now feminists need to invent new battles to keep themselves relevant and keep the money rolling in. So they're going after games and comedy clubs. Jezebel even recently went after cereal box characters. Like all of that, this article reads as unintentional satire."

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/technolog...oke/66092/

I find it odd how feminists treat rape as the highest and most vile of criminal acts.

Consider: most video games involve actively murdering one's opponents. Yet if you complain about this issue you'll be laughed at by these same feminists as a hopeless social conservative.

[Image: attachment.jpg12559]   

[Image: ohshit.gif]

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

A sure indication that a movement or cause has long eclipsed it's apex of usefulness - when their complaints and issues begin merging with vicious satire and parody.

Cereal box characters and sexism? Time to pull the plug and get back in the kitchen and bear some children before your privilege gets bred out of existence, ladies.

Feminist Frequency is well known as a joke these days. I've seen her work debunked a number of times, in some cases by other women. Here are a couple of good deconstructions of her and her fans:

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

I sent a tweet their way - a recent article spouted a bunch of "white male" BS.

I asked them if they actually reviewed video games men played. GTA: San Andreas had a black lead & was higly successful. Have they not even considered video games from Asia? They consider sports games or games like Call of Duty - which are driven by online play?

I think feminists are so enraptured with female characters in video games because they need to fantasize about powerful women - women they won't be in real life.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

They actually did announce a game with a female protagonist, Mirror's Edge 2. Then there's Bayonetta 2 in Nintendo's event(not a reveal but more footage of it shown).

Anita Sarkeesian's been torn apart all over. Here's one of the best in my opinion:

Some were funny.

She ignores the game Bayonetta and Beyond Two Souls which are at E3 and feature lead female characters.

Are there any new Metroid games? Samus Aran is a chick.
Edit: Nevermind, she's bitching about xbox one; metroid is nintendo.

There will be. Metroid the Other M came out several years ago and actually had her talk. She had some big titties too. The game wasn't as fun as Metroid Prime Trilogy was though.

Nice OP, thanks for posting this.

This isn't surprising to me. It's only going to get increasingly vitriolic. Keep attacking male identity and eventually there's going to be a backlash. The problem is that our culture is trapped in an ideological view of men as inherently sexist or oppressive. Thus noone will ever ask why men are angry. It will be characterized as sexism and the attacks on male identity will continue.

Any outcries simply validate the ideological view of men as inherently sexist, and the cycle perpetuates.

The hamster cycle:

1) Attack male identity as sexist, attempt to control it.
2) Characterize the backlash as sexist.
3) Repeat until society collapses.

And I do think Western society is in the middle of a severe collapse, I'm just not sure I care anymore.

There's way more to this than anyone has posted and it's a mixed bag for men.

Boys have retreated from school and life in general. They take solace in video games because that's a place owned by males. It's the last place dominated by males easily accessible to all males. Males can ascend to the top of the video game hierarchy more easily than they can ascend other life hierarchies and this feeds narcissism while releasing dopamine, and now, due to multiplayer oxytocin/vasporessin (I forget which).

When female gamers play online they are subjected to some pretty serious verbal abuse. You have either of two opinions on that and that's irrelevant. The point is, boys see video games as owned by males and don't want women taking over like they've taken over every other aspect of life.

You can fight the video game fight all you want but realize that if you win you are preserving a meaningless virtual world that is escapist. Real men should be worried about the real world.

I see the other side of this argument. Yes, video games are now big entertainment and the hamster is trying to take over. I stand by what I said. Real men are worried about the real world more than virtual escapist garbage.

This stuff is no different than beating off, drinking or smoking the wacky weed.

Edit:

Add this linkhttp://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-5758...one-event/

Guy possibly makes rape joke while beating a woman at a game.

I just can't help but think that total losers who can't do anything in real life think they're badasses because they're good at video games.

The fact that these guys are more likely to be omega makes me dislike the gamer culture even more.

Quote: (06-11-2013 09:51 PM)JimNortonFan Wrote:  

There's way more to this than anyone has posted and it's a mixed bag for men.

Boys have retreated from school and life in general. They take solace in video games because that's a place owned by males. It's the last place dominated by males easily accessible to all males. Males can ascend to the top of the video game hierarchy more easily than they can ascend other life hierarchies and this feeds narcissism while releasing dopamine, and now, due to multiplayer oxytocin/vasporessin (I forget which).

When female gamers play online they are subjected to some pretty serious verbal abuse. You have either of two opinions on that and that's irrelevant. The point is, boys see video games as owned by males and don't want women taking over like they've taken over every other aspect of life.

You can fight the video game fight all you want but realize that if you win you are preserving a meaningless virtual world that is escapist. Real men should be worried about the real world.

I see the other side of this argument. Yes, video games are now big entertainment and the hamster is trying to take over. I stand by what I said. Real men are worried about the real world more than virtual escapist garbage.

This stuff is no different than beating off, drinking or smoking the wacky weed.

Good post, but I'm not sure it's entirely this simple. I've been involved in gaming virtually all my life, and I've known exactly zero males who actually believe gaming is "owned by males." I simply see an objection to feminist demands that the culture be re engineered to suit women. Yes, there is some vitriol directed toward female gamers, and as I said above, it's because men are tired of being treated like second-class citizens.

I also don't see it as entirely irrelevant, because this is the same problem that's overwhelming all areas of our society. What we're seeing in the gaming culture is what has already infected every other social institution. It's feminists working to make everything gynocentric.

Quote: (06-11-2013 09:51 PM)JimNortonFan Wrote:  

Edit:

Add this linkhttp://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-5758...one-event/

Guy possibly makes rape joke while beating a woman at a game.

I just can't help but think that total losers who can't do anything in real life think they're badasses because they're good at video games.

The fact that this is even news is exactly what I'm talking about. It's not even overtly about rape for crying out loud and even if it were, who cares?

The older guys on here will remember the heyday of arcades. Can you imagine how feminists like this frequency chick would respond to the shady, second-hand smoke filled video game arcades of the 80's?

Arcades back in the day were not at all well supervised. People of all ages intermingled and monitored their own behavior, as it should be. Contrast this with places like Dave and Busters which are crawling with employees.

How is that a rape joke?