rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

On leaving America,,,

On leaving America,,,

Firstly, you will all see that I am "new" here, but that is merely because I had not yet accidentally discovered this place until recently. Even at my old age of 29 I have been making my life adhere to the art of what you all make effort to do for many years with so much regularity.
That being said, I am doing something reckless and enviable tomorrow. I am leaving America. Not just for a holiday, not just for a business trip. But for an intended expat disconnection while I am still young.
I know, you will all have questions or comments. Money? I have sold everything I own and have plenty. Work? I am a man of many talents, disciplines and degrees, and will never find myself in want of anything so long as I am motivated to have it.
Where am I going? Europe. Starting in London and working my way east/southeast over the summer and settling in the Balkans for various reasons. I can always go crash with my cousins in Germany for however long I wish as well (a perk of being mostly full blooded Deutsche).

In less than 30 hours I will be reading Roosh from somewhere in London. MY mind and soul will be free. That is the important part. After making the decision to abandon the sinking ship that is this nation on purpose some 8 months ago, the burden has slowly been slipping away. No amount of worries I can have anywhere else (that is not shit-hole Africa or something) can equal the daily shit we actually put up with here or just quietly bury that we know we deal with on a daily basis.

My friends? They wish me the best and will miss me terribly. But they are also fully supportive and jealous to a man. The fact that I have something "wrong" with me where I can just go and do such a thing with a straight face is something that makes them shake their head and envied at the same time.

My family? Don't really have one anymore. Had the best father in the world who is now sadly no longer with us. Had the Worst mother imaginable (whom even dickens could not write for such sadism) whom as far as I am concerned is also dead. Have not seen or talked to her in years. Other than that, everyone on dad's side of the family is dead or long since moved far away, and mom's family is just as fucked and ignominious as her, deserving none of my time. I really only have my sister whom I am on great terms with, and am close to when we are together, but 6 months or more apart we never even seen to notice. Our childhood of hard life made us too good at things like that unfortunately.
Her I have not told I am leaving. There is no way I could say goodbye like I would like to, and would rather have the memory or the last time I saw her for a delightful sushi dinner out whilst acting all "peas and carrots" as usual. I will send her a nice letter sometime in the next month and invite her to come visit as she pleases.

Other than that, yeah...That's it. I have done a lot of things in my still young life and been a lot places, and known and learned much; but little has been as empowering as leaving America is and will be.
I wish to myself a fond bidding of "happy trails" and can assure you who are reading this that there will follow plenty of threads and postings on here for your enjoyment and education. I never had to follow the Roosh system per say intentionally, because very luckily for me, interactions like that came very naturally to me on their own. But knowing the difference between that and not I will make plenty of observations and do what I can to pass along what I know and do.
And don't you worry about me having to work too hard when I get to wherever I am going. I have already "pipelined" very well and have 9-10 "tour guides" lined up in many places. A few of which my friends are taking bets on when and if I should marry if I have any brains left about me.

So, Tally ho, chive on, fortune favors the bold and all that.

Oh...and, (in my best Ron burgundy voice) Go fuck yourself America!

On leaving America,,,

[Image: dodgy.gif]

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

On leaving America,,,

If I decided to leave America, I would head to Bangkok or Singapore, not London. London may be even worse than a big US city.

On leaving America,,,

Lol, I will be in London for but a few days. Merely a stop on my way out and over. You are right. If I stayed in London I might as well stay in America.

On leaving America,,,

Quote: (06-09-2013 09:21 AM)Mr. Andersen Wrote:  

Firstly, you will all see that I am "new" here, but that is merely because I had not yet accidentally discovered this place until recently. Even at my old age of 29 I have been making my life adhere to the art of what you all make effort to do for many years with so much regularity.
That being said, I am doing something reckless and enviable tomorrow. I am leaving America. Not just for a holiday, not just for a business trip. But for an intended expat disconnection while I am still young.
I know, you will all have questions or comments. Money? I have sold everything I own and have plenty. Work? I am a man of many talents, disciplines and degrees, and will never find myself in want of anything so long as I am motivated to have it.
Where am I going? Europe. Starting in London and working my way east/southeast over the summer and settling in the Balkans for various reasons. I can always go crash with my cousins in Germany for however long I wish as well (a perk of being mostly full blooded Deutsche).

In less than 30 hours I will be reading Roosh from somewhere in London. MY mind and soul will be free. That is the important part. After making the decision to abandon the sinking ship that is this nation on purpose some 8 months ago, the burden has slowly been slipping away. No amount of worries I can have anywhere else (that is not shit-hole Africa or something) can equal the daily shit we actually put up with here or just quietly bury that we know we deal with on a daily basis.

My friends? They wish me the best and will miss me terribly. But they are also fully supportive and jealous to a man. The fact that I have something "wrong" with me where I can just go and do such a thing with a straight face is something that makes them shake their head and envied at the same time.

My family? Don't really have one anymore. Had the best father in the world who is now sadly no longer with us. Had the Worst mother imaginable (whom even dickens could not write for such sadism) whom as far as I am concerned is also dead. Have not seen or talked to her in years. Other than that, everyone on dad's side of the family is dead or long since moved far away, and mom's family is just as fucked and ignominious as her, deserving none of my time. I really only have my sister whom I am on great terms with, and am close to when we are together, but 6 months or more apart we never even seen to notice. Our childhood of hard life made us too good at things like that unfortunately.
Her I have not told I am leaving. There is no way I could say goodbye like I would like to, and would rather have the memory or the last time I saw her for a delightful sushi dinner out whilst acting all "peas and carrots" as usual. I will send her a nice letter sometime in the next month and invite her to come visit as she pleases.

Other than that, yeah...That's it. I have done a lot of things in my still young life and been a lot places, and known and learned much; but little has been as empowering as leaving America is and will be.
I wish to myself a fond bidding of "happy trails" and can assure you who are reading this that there will follow plenty of threads and postings on here for your enjoyment and education. I never had to follow the Roosh system per say intentionally, because very luckily for me, interactions like that came very naturally to me on their own. But knowing the difference between that and not I will make plenty of observations and do what I can to pass along what I know and do.
And don't you worry about me having to work too hard when I get to wherever I am going. I have already "pipelined" very well and have 9-10 "tour guides" lined up in many places. A few of which my friends are taking bets on when and if I should marry if I have any brains left about me.

Just wondering, could anyone explain to me WTF is the problem with america?
As someone from latin america, it intrigues me why so many americans are tired of living there... its a frightening thought to know that soooo many people from latin america would kill for an opportunity to live and work in the US....

On leaving America,,,

Quote: (06-09-2013 10:38 AM)Brodiaga Wrote:  

If I decided to leave America, I would head to Bangkok or Singapore, not London. London may be even worse than a big US city.

Quote: (06-09-2013 11:17 AM)Scarecr0w Wrote:  

As someone from latin america, it intrigues me why so many americans are tired of living there... its a frightening thought to know that soooo many people from latin america would kill for an opportunity to live and work in the US....

I am not feeling energetic enough this morning to step off of that philisophical cliff on here right now, BUT I will relate that a friend of mine who is from Colombia ( he and his sister both moved here as adults) was one of those who could not wait to come to America despite a perfectly stable and productive life back home (did not grow up poor or anything). However, while being one of that group, having lived in America for some years, he understands perfectly well any reasoning actual Americans might have for wanting to leave. He says that had he grown up here ,he would most likely feel the same way.

On leaving America,,,

Quote: (06-09-2013 11:21 AM)Mr. Andersen Wrote:  

I am not feeling energetic enough this morning to step off of that philisophical cliff on here right now, BUT I will relate that a friend of mine who is from Colombia ( he and his sister both moved here as adults) was one of those who could not wait to come to America despite a perfectly stable and productive life back home (did not grow up poor or anything). However, while being one of that group, having lived in America for some years, he understands perfectly well any reasoning actual Americans might have for wanting to leave. He says that had he grown up here ,he would most likely feel the same way.

interesting point, but then, what are the reasons for an american to leave america???

On leaving America,,,

Quote: (06-09-2013 11:23 AM)Scarecr0w Wrote:  

Quote: (06-09-2013 11:21 AM)Mr. Andersen Wrote:  

interesting point, but then, what are the reasons for an american to leave america???

Like I said, I am hung over and not feeling up to the task of waxing poetic to much of a degree. I will dip a chip into the guac' here though:

So everyone in or out of America is aware that it is an isolated place both geographically and culturally. There are many things that are "purely American". They are held so dear that we Americans will even chide each other in ways like "well that is just downright un-American".
It is my personal opinion that the prime cultural attribute of America is overdoing everything. Absolutely everything on every level. Both actively and sub-consciously. And we know it. We have done it, do do it, and will do it for as long as we can. We are afraid to stop doing that because if we suddenly do, then the entire nation as a unique place and society on the map will cease to make any sense whatsoever. It will not be something outsiders can gawk at in its enviable or unenviable differences anymore. And at that moment there will be no more reason for America to exist as America.
Now to truly live one's entire existence in support of this culture, you are best off doing what you can to remain ignorant of the outside world, past or present. Anyone who allows themselves to become aware of, or experience said outside world instantly becomes an American who would prefer to or be willing to leave.

Just my ad-hoc two cents on one piece of a larger whole.

On leaving America,,,

So your answer is to go to countries(Anglo and western countries) that imitate America? Wait even China is imitating America.
If the whole keep up with the Jones shit bothers you... change your last name from Jones to something else. In America you can find a niche of outcasts just like you ...same type you would find anyplace else. What makes America so great is that you don't have to be AVERAGE or blend into the mainstream.I can't figure why so many young folks here don't understand that. They think the answer is to go to Asia or Eastern Europe where they definitely will not fit in and is intolerant to nails that stick out.In Russia they hit nails that stick out with a hammer.
There is only 2 reasons i know people leave:
1. Avoid oppressive taxes. And the welfare state that Obama is bringing.I have considered this reason.
2. They have a shitty job because they thought going into 100k debt for a degree in basket weaving would be a profitable endeavor.

On leaving America,,,

You say the USA is a sinking ship of a nation and go to the Balkans ..? What..?

I don't know, it doesn't sound like you've actually been alot outside of USA , let alone lived in a foreign countries, or am I wrong?

On leaving America,,,

Quote: (06-09-2013 12:34 PM)Branimir Wrote:  

I don't know, it doesn't sound like you've actually been alot outside of USA , let alone lived in a foreign countries, or am I wrong?

I should have clarified on that. In that regard it is more getting to choose the sinking ship on which you ride down.

On leaving America,,,

Quote: (06-09-2013 12:40 PM)Mr. Andersen Wrote:  

Quote: (06-09-2013 12:34 PM)Branimir Wrote:  

I should have clarified on that. In that regard it is more getting to choose the sinking ship on which you ride down.

It would be interesting to know if asians think of their countries as "sinking ships" even if they earn 30 dollars per month...

On leaving America,,,

Hating America is fashionable in the red pill world. Also the belief that all American women suck and that women generally have no talents or abilities or anything worthwhile about them aside from being dick receptacles.

Whatever list you come up with about shit things in America, I'm pretty sure you can come up with an equivalent or longer list for any other country.

That being said, look forward to hearing your adventures.

On leaving America,,,

ehhhhh...

What's with new dudes coming on the forum, giving us some sort of life story replete with phrases like,
Quote:Quote:

"I know, you will all have questions or comments. Money? I have sold everything I own and have plenty. Work? I am a man of many talents, disciplines and degrees, and will never find myself in want of anything so long as I am motivated to have it.

You could have had a solid post there, but you lost my interest with your self-aggrandizing navel-gazing, and posting in that weird, self-important tone.

Regardless, best of luck out there. Europe is in fucking turmoil right now. Great to go and fuck girls, eat some good food, drink some good wine, but not much else.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

On leaving America,,,

Quote: (06-09-2013 01:32 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

ehhhhh...

What's with new dudes coming on the forum, giving us some sort of life story replete with phrases like,
Quote:Quote:

"I know, you will all have questions or comments. Money? I have sold everything I own and have plenty. Work? I am a man of many talents, disciplines and degrees, and will never find myself in want of anything so long as I am motivated to have it.

You could have had a solid post there, but you lost my interest with your self-aggrandizing navel-gazing, and posting in that weird, self-important tone.

Regardless, best of luck out there. Europe is in fucking turmoil right now. Great to go and fuck girls, eat some good food, drink some good wine, but not much else.

I wrote that shortly after waking up still drunk from last night/feeling like hell. Have some humor about it.

On leaving America,,,

I believe it's "the grass is greener" effect at work. Everyone dreams of crossing the horizon to some mythical land where your life will be perfect. All places have flaws and you will certainly discover them in time. I think for the unhappy soul, travel or the wonder of being in a new, exotic country could mask over any internal demons, temporarily.

On leaving America,,,

You cannot do anything in America without asking permission first. You need a fucking permit to change a lightbulb in your house. If you read some of the posts about westerners living in other countries, the most obvious thing that comes across is how much freedom one has in the 3rd world to do what you want. Of course there is the other side of the coin, and all of the conveniences we take for granted. This is the same reason a lot of us travel, is to experience the sensation of being in the wild west for a certain period of time. In America, captain cubicle chasing the American dream lives in a prison, a prison without walls.

On leaving America,,,

Best of lucks man. I am heading over to america this summer. Hope i will have a blast! And i will give a report to if the grass is greener on the other side. Even though it might not be greener, it will be a valuable lesson to see.

One rule though. You don't give your own thread 5 stars.

On leaving America,,,

Having lived outside of America for five years, I can see why people want to move there. America is the best country in the world for making things comfortable for the average person. In Mexico, even central heating is still uncommon. Also, there is no other country where you can buy a variety of so many things inexpensively. I shipped over an electronic foodscale which I got from Amazon for only $20. I don't have a clue where I would have found one in Mexico. And electronics are way more expensive here. The tradeoff is that the US tends to be over regulated with reduced freedom and increased boredom. In Mexico, you have a lot of freedom to do what you want and be left alone. Also, I can afford to pay my medical care with cash. The US medical system is ridiculously expensive and about to get much worse with the new changes.

Rico... Sauve....

On leaving America,,,

Quote: (06-09-2013 02:26 PM)pants Wrote:  

Best of lucks man. I am heading over to america this summer. Hope i will have a blast! And i will give a report to if the grass is greener on the other side. Even though it might not be greener, it will be a valuable lesson to see.

Lol, Remember, I am new here. I clicked on the stars wondering what it was and if it was clickable. Now I know what they do.
And where in America are you going? I have been to most of the states and major/capital cities before (used to travel the country nonstop for work)

On leaving America,,,

Quote: (06-09-2013 02:31 PM)Sherman Wrote:  

Having lived outside of America for five years, I can see why people want to move there. America is the best country in the world for making things comfortable for the average person. In Mexico, even central heating is still uncommon. Also, there is no other country where you can buy a variety of so many things inexpensively. I shipped over an electronic foodscale which I got from Amazon for only $20. I don't have a clue where I would have found one in Mexico. And electronics are way more expensive here. The tradeoff is that the US tends to be over regulated with reduced freedom and increased boredom. In Mexico, you have a lot of freedom to do what you want and be left alone. Also, I can afford to pay my medical care with cash. The US medical system is ridiculously expensive and about to get much worse with the new changes.

I've never understood why things like cameras are so expensive in Latin America. We both have to import them from Japan so why isn't the price the same?

On leaving America,,,

Quote: (06-09-2013 02:32 PM)Mr. Andersen Wrote:  

Quote: (06-09-2013 02:26 PM)pants Wrote:  

Lol, Remember, I am new here. I clicked on the stars wondering what it was and if it was clickable. Now I know what they do.
And where in America are you going? I have been to most of the states and major/capital cities before (used to travel the country nonstop for work)

i have to stay two months in Houston due to a work related course. Then i have one week to explore. Probably gonna go to California or Florida.

On leaving America,,,

Quote: (06-09-2013 02:50 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (06-09-2013 02:31 PM)Sherman Wrote:  

I've never understood why things like cameras are so expensive in Latin America. We both have to import them from Japan so why isn't the price the same?

Market size and Import Taxes. Import Taxes are high in Latin America for several reasons..
US market size is huge, so economies of scale get into action.. Huge market, prices can be lower...

On leaving America,,,

Been living outside USA for almost a year....I have found, In Colombia services are cheap....such as maids, nannies, movers, taxis,.....products are more expensive such as computers, cameras, furniture, cars.....add to that international airplane flights.....

however I must say my quality of life has taken an upswing....I have more time to do what I want, when I want....not having to wash a dish, prepare meals, wash any laundry, or clean my condo.....is something I would have to pay big bucks for back in the states....needless to say, I feel like I have more freedom down here than ever before in my life, I don't worry about some police officer giving me a ticket for some bullshit revenue enhancing fine.....

not to mention everyday I leave my condo I see more hot ass than most americans see in a month....I really have not felt the need to go back to the USA other than to see family....

On leaving America,,,

Quote: (06-09-2013 12:32 PM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

So your answer is to go to countries(Anglo and western countries) that imitate America? Wait even China is imitating America.
If the whole keep up with the Jones shit bothers you... change your last name from Jones to something else. In America you can find a niche of outcasts just like you ...same type you would find anyplace else. What makes America so great is that you don't have to be AVERAGE or blend into the mainstream.I can't figure why so many young folks here don't understand that. They think the answer is to go to Asia or Eastern Europe where they definitely will not fit in and is intolerant to nails that stick out.In Russia they hit nails that stick out with a hammer.
There is only 2 reasons i know people leave:
1. Avoid oppressive taxes. And the welfare state that Obama is bringing.I have considered this reason.
2. They have a shitty job because they thought going into 100k debt for a degree in basket weaving would be a profitable endeavor.

freedom(whatever that means to you) is also a fairly common motivation for saying goodbye to big brother...