rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Central Mexico data sheet + trip report

This report covers Mexico City, Puebla, Morelia and Guadalajara. I'll break it into 4 sections by city and give my general thoughts and advice.

Mexico City(Districto Federal aka DF)

D.F. is a monster of a city with over 22 million people. It's the biggest city in the world outside of Asia. I can see this place being a strong "love it or hate it" kind of place. Upon first glance leaving the airport, it is not impressive. It's polluted, crowded and ugly. You may even find yourself wondering why the hell you came here as soon as you leave the airport. I decided to take the MetroBus(a special rapid bus service with dedicated lanes that goes to key areas for cheap) to my hotel in the Reforma district and let's just say my first few hours were like a sensory overload. On the way there, I see hoards of cops chasing some guy down the street picking him up and throwing him in the back of a truck and then punching the shit out of him. Then a minute later they did the same to another guy. This happened just 2 stops from my exit. The street then got blocked off and the bus made a u-turn heading back to the airport and then a few blocks later there was a big demonstration in the street. I was like, "fuck...welcome to Mexico City!" It was now getting dark and I had my bags and my route had been foiled. We were heading toward the Centro and I did not want to be walking around there with luggage. I called my friend and got advice and I hoped off the bus at Zocalo and took the metro to the Zona Rosa area where I met up with him. If you want to avoid any possible craziness, you may want to hire a cab from the airport. I tried to shortcut it and take public transit and got caught up in the mayhem that is Mexico City.

Where to stay:

I stayed in Reforma which is a fairly affluent colonia within good striking distance of attractions. The hotel I picked was Hotel El Ejecutivo. Location was decent, the staff friendly, the rooms were clean and modern with a huge bed for only like $55 a night(on booking.com). Here is a room identical to what I stayed in:

[Image: Hotel+El+Ejecutivo]

That was about the best value I could find as far as location/price/cleanliness/good reviews. When I go back, I won't even think twice about where I'm staying.

Neighborhoods of interest:

While there are endless bars and venues scattered throughout the city, where you're going to find the best-looking girls(by Western standards) is in Polanco, Condesa and Reforma. I ran out of time and didn't get to make it to Polanco but I'll defer to Hencredible and Gmanifesto's reports and it seems to the analog of Beverly Hills/Hollywood. Whereas Condesa seems more like Santa Monica. I went on a date there to a nice little Italian restaurant called 50 friends. Afterward we stepped down the block to a bar called Pata Negra which was more an American style bar. I don't remember seeing any incredible talent but then it was Sunday night. Might be worth it on Friday or Saturday.

The Reforma area reminds me of the Wilshire corridor in L.A. The Zona Rosa is known as a gay area though there's lots of restaurants there if you want to eat. Zona Rosa can be seedy at night and full of promoters trying to pull you into shady looking stripclubs where you may be scammed. Just ignore them.

Downtown/Centro may not be known for high-end nightlife but it will probably offer the most authentic Mexican experience. There is this long street we walked down on Saturday night that connects Bellas Artes to the Zocalo and there were people just out everywhere enjoying the night and music in the streets and an incredible energy. It was one of the highlights of my time. There is also an area called Plaza Giribaldi that features mariachi and there are bars that cater to that. Best to go here with local friends as I did.

Coyoacan is a quaint suburban district worth seeing. More of a date place to take a girl rather than try and meet one. It's a very charming colonia with it's own center plaza surrounded by nice restaurants, cafes and bars.

Getting around:

If you aren't claustrophobic, I found that the metro will take you pretty much anywhere worth going for about $0.25 with unlimited transfers. It's truly the best deal in town. Granted the subway is unbelievably packed during rush hours, sometimes you have to wait for the next train because it damn near looks like one of those trains you see from India and you can't even squeeze on. There are a number of different kinds of buses that I'm not terribly familiar with but they are cheap as hell too. There is a more modern and clean bus called Metrobus that has a security officer onboard. You can buy a tap card and fill it with credits. Very convenient if you are near the route and line 4 will take you directly to the airport.

The girls:

I did not get to make it to Polanco where allegedly the best girls in DF are. But I spent a lot of time out and about and was not particularly impressed. There was your occasional cutie but it wasn't a place where I was rubber-necking left and right. There is a big obesity issue in Mexico and a lot of the girls in this part of the country are heavily indigenous in appearance, a look that doesn't appeal to many guys around here. The whole time walking around I saw two girls that looked above an 8. Maybe they exist in heavy numbers in Polanco, but I didn't not see them out and about in the city at large. I don't feel DF is worth coming to solely for the girls unless you are going to very specific places and/or have a social network with a lot of talent. It's not Bangkok, Rio, Medellin. It's not known as a major sex tourist destination and probably for good reason. There are of course other reasons to visit besides women, but if your purpose is smashing Latin girls, you may find other places more inviting. I did end up getting a bang though social network on my birthday night so I'm not complaining too much.

General impressions of DF:

Overall I liked the city. In ways it reminds me of Bangkok. It's huge, polluted, dirty, chaotic and crowded but it's exciting. Both are an assault on the senses. Both places have a fascinating culture, history, friendly people with great service, beautiful and quaint places to retreat to, cheap and tasty street food as well as nice restaurants, posh neighborhoods as well as slums, they are cheap and accessible and easy to get around. There's a buzz to them and once you've spent time in either it can be infectious. I've met people that can't stand DF, but I liked it and would go back in a heartbeat. Like Hencredible mentioned, it's great to know that such a dynamic place is only a 3 hour flight from the southern US.

Puebla

Puebla is the 4th largest city in Mexico, but it feels more like a small colonial town. The old town area near the plaza de armas is quaint, charming and beautiful. I don't recall seeing any real bar or club scene here. They may be some dives but if so don't expect any kind of American-style pick up scene. This is a better place to take a chic for a weekend out of the chaos of DF and enjoy great dining and a relaxed atmosphere. You can take a premier class bus from the Norte bus station for only $11 and the ride is 2 hours. The buses are clean and comfortable. Some even have wifi and food. You probably don't need more than two days in Puebla. My restaurant recommendation is El Mural de los Poblanos: http://www.elmuraldelospoblanos.com/ . Fine dining in a very classy environment. Have a mole dish here. I had the best margarita of my life at this place as well, it was a tamarindo margarita. During the day, take the bus to the church of Cholulu which is built atop an Aztec pyramid.

Morelia

Like Puebla, Morelia is a smaller quaint colonial town. It lies about half way between DF and Guadalajara and I decided to break up the journey by over-nighting there. Their historic center reminds me a lot of the gothic quarter in Barcelona. I only stayed one night and left by the following afternoon. I don't have too much to report here as far as nightlife but I did see some dive bars scattered around but I didn't bother going to them. It's a very beautiful little town and I'd highly recommend dropping by for a day if you get the chance. I was also starting to see better looking women walking about as I'm now getting closer to the state of Jalisco. I feel a bit weird in saying this but some of the sexiest Mexican girls you'll see are the ones between 16-20. They are usually not fat by that age and look rather flawless. But they hit the wall pretty hard by late 20s.

Guadalajara

Mexico's 2nd biggest city after DF has a much different feel. It's more decentralized, the easy and convenient public transit of DF is practically non-existent here and you will need to cab it most places. It's also very hot in May/June unlike DF which has a mild climate tempered by its 8,000ft altitude. GDL, along with Monterrey is renown for having the prettiest women in Mexico and there are generally a larger percentage of women with a more Spanish appearance.

Where to stay:

Don't make the mistake I made by staying the centro near the plaza de armas. It's fine enough in the day and there are interesting historical sites to see but at night it's dead. It's also not a safe area at night time and has a feel not unlike the some of the dodgy parts of downtown L.A. When I arrived on Thursday, I went out around 11 to see if there were any bars or restaurants open. I walked and walked and could find nothing open. It was a ghost town. Do NOT stay in downtown/centro GDL. The area you want to be in is Chapultepec. It is lively, there are people out walking everywhere and plenty of restaurants and bars. Also lots of girls just out in the street.

Areas of interest:

Centro is fine for the day, but don't hang around there at night, it's supposedly unsafe and even during the day can feel dodgy. If you know Spanish at the conversational level, you can probably day game around here as there are lots of plazas and parks with people just hanging out by fountains and such. The girls in general in this area are nothing spectacular though and don't look significantly better than girls in DF. The centro is really only good for seeing the historic sites during the day, there's no real reason to be there otherwise.

Chapultepec is where the middle/upper-middle class go. Everyone knows this area and you can't miss it. When I went my first night I was immediately disappointed however. Most the venues were based around tables of mixed sets, which is something all too common in Latin America. I walked the whole strip and could find no spot where people are just mingling with people they don't know. I then went to the spot called Lola Lolitas and while this venue does have tables, it also has a large round bar in the center where people post up and you can talk to different people who aren't seated in groups of friends. For those visiting the Chapultepec area as lone wolves, this is the only place I saw that's amenable to American style social interaction. You can chat up girls at the bars and bitch shields seem low to non-existent, I rarely saw a girl on her smart phone and girls that post up at the bar will stay in the same spot for hours on end, which can be a good thing or bad thing because if you don't like either of the girls on your side, they ain't moving. Once again, conversational Spanish is a necessity. I wasn't able to get too far in conversations with girls because I couldn't find anyone that speaks English. In this club I saw plenty of girls of this quality:

[Image: 439215483_EITEJCVXAHIYNIP.jpg]

The next night(sat), I went back to this club. But this time I didn't have nearly as much fun. The crowed seemed way more cliquish, it was more crowded and the girls did not seem nearly as cool. Maybe it's just a hit or miss thing but my guess is that this club is probably a bit better on less crowded nights.

Zapopan is wealthy suburban area and this is where the hottest girls are supposed to live. There are some nightspots out there but I didn't want to cab it way out there just to find out that they were mixed-set table clubs. If in the future I go to Zapopan, it'll be with a wing and I'll roll suited.

Tlaquepaque is about 20 minutes southeast of the centro and is an interesting area to check out full of crafts, fine restaurants, an outdoor plaza, bars, street food and just a cool atmosphere. You can probably day game here if you know the language. If you meet a girl there are some nice looking restaurants and places to stroll.

General impressions of Guadalajara:

It's not as crazy a city as DF. I generally found the people less friendly than DF too. I like DF better as a city, but GDL is the clear winner as far as girls. Avoid the centro area for anything other than daytime tourism. There is a big university near Chapultepec, might be worth walking around to see the talent.

General thoughts on Mexican women:

I found Mexican women to be sweethearts. Feminine, demure, polite and family-oriented. Not once did I ever see a Mexican woman behave in a manner that was loud or abrasive. I imagine they are what American women were from 1960-1970. Even though most the women there have career and education ambitions, they have not lost their femininity. Although there is a fattie problem, many of the younger ones look great and grow their hair long. I didn't once see a skrillex haircut or women tatted up. I didn't see any huge number of hipsters. Unfortunately, Mexican women hit the wall early and hit it hard. I was searching around badoo to see what the local talent looked like. I don't know how many times I saw a girl who looked 40 but was 28. Women don't seem to work out here and fitness just doesn't seem to be in the culture. Once they get to 25, they blow up. However, the high-end women tend to have more Western sensibilities in the sense and take better care of themselves. If you can find a cute Mexicana who is taking care of herself and not gaining weight, that's future wife material.

On race:

This is mainly for the brothas. Keep in mind that Mexico is a very ethnically homogenous country and if you are from an outside group, you will stand out like a sore thumb everywhere. I got constant looks from people all the time. They were not hostile looks, I can only describe it as an expressionless stare which I write off as benign curiosity. Sometimes women would literally turn their head as I was walking, some would smile, some would not, and sometimes it's just hard to tell what the hell they're thinking. I found the stares to be most intense in GDL though, to the point where it was making me uncomfortable at times. My general feeling though is that brothas should be able to do pretty well. I put up a dating profile to see what would happen and it's getting plenty of interest even though I'm now gone. Next time I'll start my pipelining further in advance.

On safety

Not once during my trip did I ever feel threatened or unsafe. I feel that the violence in Mexico is a localized thing and if you aren't in that particular hotspot area than you have nothing to worry about. I walked the streets of both DF and GDL alone after midnight and never felt in any danger. Be street smart and keep your wits about you and don't act like a naive gringo and you should be fine.

Other tips

Make sure you get a Mexican phone number. Unlock a Quadband phone and you should be good to go. Just know that the data service probably won't work. I paid for 3g but was not able to use it because the Mexican 3g system didn't seem to be compatible with my phone. To navigate, just use the download offline map feature with the google maps app and your GPS will still function with your maps like normal.

Mexican sidewalks are in horrible shape. I basically ruined a pair of nice, casual shoes by constantly scuffing the toes on the broken and uneven clabs of concrete. If you bring a pair of nice shoes, be VERY careful with them.

What dating site would you recommend for guadalajara?

Quote: (06-06-2013 10:47 AM)20Nation Wrote:  

What dating site would you recommend for guadalajara?

I only used Badoo. It may not be the best though.

Very good observations, it looks like you enjoyed your time here.

I'll have to get working on a Mexico basics thread and Mexico City data sheet to further add to the great intel you guys have already done.

Great information, just a very small correction, the hotel where you stayed is not in Colonia Reforma, it's in "Paseo de la Reforma", commonly referred just as "Reforma", which is an avenue, not a colonia (neighborhood). However when something is located on Reforma people will use the avenue as the main reference, never the neighborhood.

Was in Puerto Vallarta airport recently. The currency exchange place in the airport charged a ridiculously high fee. The exchange rate was about 12.8 to the USD, and I only got just a little over 10 pesos per USD when I changed.

Is this typical? Are there other places that you might be able to get better rates?

I think the best exchange rates are from ATM machines. Just pay attention to the withdrawal fees charged by the machine and your bank. Also just pay for as much stuff as possible with your credit card. That will be the absolute best rate with no fees. These days you just don't need to be carrying around much cash. Only time you really need it is for taxis and nickel and dime stuff like street food or souvenirs.

Avoid exchanging in airports. Their rates are terrible.

Thanks for the tip with regards to ATM machines. I had to get cash cause I was going to the countryside where almost everything needed to be paid in cash.

This sounds very much what I experienced. I'd have to say that if you want to visit Mexico only for the girls, there are other cities I have found where there are more nice looking girls and easy to approach. I recommend to check are Ensenada, Mazatlan, Hermosillo, Monterrey, Tampico.The girls there are taller, less dark skin and nice bodies. Also, education is better, therefore you will find more girls speaking English and also with less obesity issues.

Mexico in general is very classicist, I mean, there a huge gap between the looking of rich girls and poor girls, however in these cities this seems to be less of a problem....

Good luck!

Quote: (06-17-2013 04:13 AM)SirAntony Wrote:  

This sounds very much what I experienced. I'd have to say that if you want to visit Mexico only for the girls, there are other cities I have found where there are more nice looking girls and easy to approach. I recommend to check are Ensenada, Mazatlan, Hermosillo, Monterrey, Tampico.The girls there are taller, less dark skin and nice bodies. Also, education is better, therefore you will find more girls speaking English and also with less obesity issues.

Mexico in general is very classicist, I mean, there a huge gap between the looking of rich girls and poor girls, however in these cities this seems to be less of a problem....

Good luck!

You have been to tampico? I have only driven through. There is no data on here on tampico. Can you drop a data sheet?

Headed to DF this weekend and Monterrey for the 4th of July holiday. After those cities the east coast is on my radar.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Texas Made, I'll be very curious to hear your Monterrey report. A Regia I know says women there are really into brothas. I tend to take that kind of stuff with a big grain of salt until I hear more solid reports from black men themselves.

Internationalsawgger goes all the time. He on that baller shit though and he has been so many times that he is connected and have social voucher. Like with any city you have to get in where you fit in. Ill be out there from wednesday night to sunday afternoon so I'll post a trip report. Last time I been was '07 and was asked to take alot of pictures, got alot of stares but my Spanish was weak. I ended up at a fresa spot both nights plus the bars I went to were all tables and nowhere to chop it up. I think this will be a good trip. I want to stay ar Holiday inn centro but I been hearing that el centro isnt the place to be right now. I will figure something out.

Excited about these next two trips.

Speakeasy I appreciate the datasheet. Probably staying at the Reforma like you but end up partying in Polanco both nights. I still dont have a set plan. I have a homegirl that wants to take me out saturday night. Pipelining is not going well. Might meet with a black chick who live out there but if I cant smash before eight then Illl leave it at that. Having better responses from OKC. No hits from couchsurfing or POF. Will lost my 36 hour outfits. Wondering if I should bring a suit. Maybe next trip.

Quote: (06-17-2013 09:07 PM)TexasMade Wrote:  

Internationalsawgger goes all the time. He on that baller shit though and he has been so many times that he is connected and have social voucher. Like with any city you have to get in where you fit in. Ill be out there from wednesday night to sunday afternoon so I'll post a trip report. Last time I been was '07 and was asked to take alot of pictures, got alot of stares but my Spanish was weak. I ended up at a fresa spot both nights plus the bars I went to were all tables and nowhere to chop it up. I think this will be a good trip. I want to stay ar Holiday inn centro but I been hearing that el centro isnt the place to be right now. I will figure something out.

Excited about these next two trips.

Speakeasy I appreciate the datasheet. Probably staying at the Reforma like you but end up partying in Polanco both nights. I still dont have a set plan. I have a homegirl that wants to take me out saturday night. Pipelining is not going well. Might meet with a black chick who live out there but if I cant smash before eight then Illl leave it at that. Having better responses from OKC. No hits from couchsurfing or POF. Will lost my 36 hour outfits. Wondering if I should bring a suit. Maybe next trip.

When did you start pipelining? I made the mistake of thinking I could do it on the go, but it wasn't till after I got home that I got some interest from girls that were bangable. Probably need to pipeline about 2 weeks in advance at least. I got 3 good replies from cute girls on CS in Guadalajara. One I met up with, nothing happened though. Total sweetheart of a girl, but she seemed pretty conservative so nothing was about to go down. We're still in touch through FB. One got back to me too late but she was disappointed we couldn't meet. And the third didn't check her email until like a week after I got home but was very nice in the way she replied. I got a few replies on CS in Mexico City too, but one was an atrocious girl from Spain and one was okay but I was busy with this other girl I met that I smashed so I didn't have any time to meet her. When I checked the sent messages, many of them are still in bold typeface, meaning they were never opened. A lot of girls on CS in Mexico just don't seem to check the site that often.

Looking forward to seeing how DF goes for you. Bring your umbrella, you can set your watch to the daily evening rain. Starts everyday at about 4pm and often well into the night.

Thank you for the datasheet. In DF: Were the butts nice-sized? Or were they overly non-existent? Can you compare the talent, if you don't mind, 1) overall talent compared to a large US city and then 2) latina talent compared to a large US city.

Quote: (06-18-2013 09:53 AM)RougeNoir Wrote:  

Thank you for the datasheet. In DF: Were the butts nice-sized? Or were they overly non-existent? Can you compare the talent, if you don't mind, 1) overall talent compared to a large US city and then 2) latina talent compared to a large US city.

As I'd mentioned above, I wasn't particularly impressed with the overall quality of women in DF. A lot of women are fat, short and have the indigenous look. I spent a lot of time out and about walking and it wasn't that often that I saw a girl that made me turn my head.

Asses are kind of all over the place, it depends on the racial mix of the girl. The more indigenous blood she has, the more likely she is short and fat with that spongebob like body shape. If they are more of a Spanish mix, you will definitely see girls like this:

[Image: 1178475442_f.jpg]

I don't think asses are huge like you picture in Brazil or Dominican Republic, I don't remember being wowed by asses in Mexico(although of course some girls will have them), but the higher end girls tend to be more slender, taller and gently curvy like Argentine women.

Compared with a large US city like NYC, LA or MIA, I'd say talent in those Americans cities is going to be better overall.

However....

I did not make it to Polanco because the locals I was kicking it with had other plans for me and I just kind of went along with them. Plus I came down sick and stayed in my hotel room an entire day. Polanco is the wealthiest area in the NW sector of the city and there are supposed to be all kinds of fly girls there. Hencredible and Gmanifesto were there not long ago so they can tell you more than I can.

There's over 20 million people in DF so even if 3% of the girls are fly, that's 600,000 fly chicas to try to get at. So you have to look at it that way too. With a city of that scale you can find pretty much whatever you want if you know where to look.

You can probably get a bigger bang for you buck in Colombia, Argentina or Brazil as far as quality, but the draw of Mexico is that it's a short flight and still quite a bargain at 13 pesos to a dollar.

For fly girls, Guadalajara beats DF.

Suppose to fly out at 950. Just realized here is a tropical storm out there. Heavy rain for the next four days. Would you take the trip regardless or get raped by the flight change fees? I could always drive to Monterrey instead and just take the trip in October sometime. I dont want to be miserable in the rain or get stuck in the room.

Quote: (06-19-2013 12:16 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I did not make it to Polanco because the locals I was kicking it with had other plans for me and I just kind of went along with them. Plus I came down sick and stayed in my hotel room an entire day. Polanco is the wealthiest area in the NW sector of the city and there are supposed to be all kinds of fly girls there. Hencredible and Gmanifesto were there not long ago so they can tell you more than I can.

Quality in Polanco was equal more or less to the high end quality you will see in any city in Latin America in the high end; Bogota, Buenos Aires, Brickell, Miami (ha, see what I did here. Actually an argument could be made that Brickell is better, but I don't want to ruin anyone's world view on here that you can stay in America and get insane quality. In fact, Polanco was almost identical to Brickell in my mind in many ways. Except less variety of nationality.)

I see what Speak is getting at though. You wont walk around any old neighborhood in DF and see super hot girls at every turn.

There are def more hot girls "on average" in Buenos Aires for instance.

However, for me, I always go to the high end spots (not trying to brag or be a d*ck or something so don't take it that way, just calling it how it is) so it really doesn't matter.

Since guys are really interested "on average" so much, I would say Buenos is better.

Playa Del Carmen is probably way better "on average" than DF as well because you are probably getting more the creme of DF and Guada in Playa. However, I don't really know how much value that comparison has either as it is a comparison between a gigantic capital and a small beach town.

However, although everyone seems to love them on here, these "on average" comparisons have very little value I think. When most guys are comparing "on average" in Buenos, they are going to the better hoods anyways.

A place like Buenos probably has more hoods that are better "on average". But my take is, who cares?

Just go to the best hood and then the problem is solved. Why hang out in "average hoods" on a trip?

Still, if you go out at night in Polanco and are not happy, you have something wrong with you.

Quote: (06-21-2013 11:38 AM)TexasMade Wrote:  

Suppose to fly out at 950. Just realized here is a tropical storm out there. Heavy rain for the next four days. Would you take the trip regardless or get raped by the flight change fees? I could always drive to Monterrey instead and just take the trip in October sometime. I dont want to be miserable in the rain or get stuck in the room.

That's your call, but this is Mexico's rainy season and it rains pretty much every day around DF in the summer. In my experience the rain started around 4pm and might last from a couple hours till late in the night. Even then it usually wasn't particularly heavy. I didn't think it was any big deal since most the day was sunny.

Great Data Sheet/Thread, Speakeasy!

How long were you there? How long do you recommend for a first time Mexico visit?

Quote: (06-21-2013 12:50 PM)Hallasan Wrote:  

Great Data Sheet/Thread, Speakeasy!

How long were you there? How long do you recommend for a first time Mexico visit?

Thanks! Hope you got something out of it.

I was there 11 days. How long you stay depends on how many cities you want to visit. I managed to fit a lot in during 11 days but there was a ton of stuff I missed liked Polanco, the sites around the Chapultepec park in DF. Hell I didn't even see the Independence Angel monument on Reforma and that's like the most iconic thing in DF. Of course my whole time wasn't in DF, only about 4 days.

For a starter trip, I'd recommend hitting both DF and GDL in one trip(I flew into DF and left from GDL and it didn't increase my fare price). You can break up the trip with an over-nighter in Morelia as I did just to give you a taste of the quaint, colonial towns in the countryside. You can do 4 days in DF and 3 in GDL. First-class buses between cities are inexpensive and very comfortable. I did not mind the 4 hour bus rides there at all.

It all really depends on just how deep you want to go. If you had 2 weeks in DF, you could find plenty of stuff to keep you occupied, especially once you have some connections and really get into the local scene. If you only have a weekend, you have to be more careful with your planning and hit it much harder. I'd say though, count on 4 days at the minimum in DF.

I walked away thinking that Mexico is a very underrated destination. For most Americans it's just a place to go to the beach and drink margaritas at resorts in Cancun or Cabo. Either that or a place to p4p and buy cheap drugs in seedy border towns. The true heartland of Mexico is basically off the radar for most Americans and I was rather surprised at how few foreigner visitors I saw. Only met one other American the entire trip. Didn't even see many European tourists. There's tons to do, foods to try, cultural sites, dope small towns that look like old-world Spain, ancient pyramids, all kinds of shit. Not to even mention sweet, feminine women. Everyone is terrified of going down there thinking Mexico is full of bandits and narco-terrorists around every corner. They don't realize the murder rate is higher in Washington D.C. than it is Mexico City.

Quote: (06-21-2013 02:20 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

They don't realize the murder rate is higher in Washington D.C. than it is Mexico City.

LOL! +1 on that.

Quote: (06-21-2013 08:17 PM)Hispanic_Reasoning Wrote:  

They don't realize the murder rate is higher in Washington D.C. than it is Mexico City.

LOL! +1 on that.

The unreported murders in DC is probably at least 50% less than Mexico city as well. People don't realize that these statistics are only reported murders. In places where the government isn't as strong, the % of reported murders will be way lower. That's why you don't see somalia on those lists, because who the fuck is going to report all the deaths there?

On a more positive note, I still love mexico and I think I'm going to be spending the next two months there. A month in GDL and a month in DF

You didnt met any gringos in Mexico City?

You cant literally turn a corner without finding one. They are so over the place they should start getting bilingual signs on the street.

Quote:Quote:

Still, if you go out at night in Polanco and are not happy, you have something wrong with you.

2/10 would not bang.

Quote: (06-21-2013 09:11 PM)20Nation Wrote:  

Quote: (06-21-2013 08:17 PM)Hispanic_Reasoning Wrote:  

LOL! +1 on that.

The unreported murders in DC is probably at least 50% less than Mexico city as well. People don't realize that these statistics are only reported murders. In places where the government isn't as strong, the % of reported murders will be way lower. That's why you don't see somalia on those lists, because who the fuck is going to report all the deaths there?

On a more positive note, I still love mexico and I think I'm going to be spending the next two months there. A month in GDL and a month in DF

I was in GDL in january and I felt safer there than I do here in the US of faggotry. anyway, the "violence" in mexico does one good thing, it scares off would be beta sex-tourists from the US who would otherwise turn Mexico into another Brazil.

Ditto re: violence. Spent a few days in Guadalajara and I felt a lot safer than in my big US city. DF too. There are police all over the place and even the locals don't seem to worry about crime unlike in America where people are paranoid. Mexico gets a bad rap in the US for mostly political reasons IMHO but it's nothing like the media portrays.

It sucks shit though that obesity is so bad here. It's really awful. DF was horrendous. GDL was a lot better but still average at best for a Latin American city. Beach towns seem better. Imagine 20-30 years ago before KFC and Burger King fucked Mexico up... oh well, it's too late now. At least girls in Mexico aren't femi nazis.