rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thailand tourist visas

Thailand tourist visas

I know there are plenty of farang on this forum that may be able to help me, and hopefully some others, on the topic of back to back tourist visas.

If I don't get a job within the next month or so of staying here in the Kingdom, I'll have to get another tourist visa or move to a different country.

I'd like to know about the experiences that RVFers have had in this regard, and any recommendations for convenient / cheap / interesting / and most importantly, guaranteed visa runs.

From my own research, it seems some borders are increasingly rejecting back to back tourist visas as Thailand progresses.

Thailand tourist visas

If you look at the Bangkok Post they have ads for visa runs, it might be your best bet because of the synergy between the tour operators and the border officials.

Other than that, you go to an embassy or consulate somewhere else.

I have two passports, so I can switch back and forth to avoid the back to back issue.

Thailand tourist visas

Quote: (05-30-2013 10:01 AM)Homo_Sapien Wrote:  

I know there are plenty of farang on this forum that may be able to help me, and hopefully some others, on the topic of back to back tourist visas.

If I don't get a job within the next month or so of staying here in the Kingdom, I'll have to get another tourist visa or move to a different country.

I'd like to know about the experiences that RVFers have had in this regard, and any recommendations for convenient / cheap / interesting / and most importantly, guaranteed visa runs.

From my own research, it seems some borders are increasingly rejecting back to back tourist visas as Thailand progresses.

There is no such thing as a guaranteed visa run.

My suggestion would be go to Savannakhet, Laos. They have one of the most lenient Thai embassies and you may be able to get a double-entry there.

Thailand tourist visas

In connection with my considered move to the Kingdom, I am just searching the threads here to find a discussion of the whole Thailand visa renewal process. I didn't see it, but feel free to redirect me if I am blinded by a lack of savvy in searching out what is in plain sight.

Is there an exhaustive discussion of the options for long-term residence somewhere? Can anyone hit the high points (Danger, Rio, Leighton or any of the lt resident guys, sorry to call you three out, but thats the price of fame, even when you've already moved on the smoggier pastures, Danger). Also, why does it seem everyone takes this bus trip to Laos to renew the Visa - is flying to HK to do this (if money isn't a huge issue) an option itself? I can see doing the bus trip once for novelty sake, but doing it repeatedly, especially with my girl, would definitely sound like a chore after the first time.

Thanks in advance.

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

Thailand tourist visas

Check the ThaiVisa.com forum for visa stuff.

I come here on a double entry tourist visa which means I can stay for 6 months before I have to renew it. Within those 6 months I have to go to immigration twice, and do a border run once. Visas here are a pain in the ass compared to a lot of other places.

People go to Lao on the bus to get a new double entry tourist visa. You may be able to do that in HK, not sure. I usually take the van to Lao, spend one night partying while the visa company handles everything, then I fly back because those vans are fucking death traps. Might fly there and fly back next time if I can work it with the visa company.

You have to do a visa run after 3 months, just across the border and back. Takes one day to do. Or you could fly to HK or somewhere else if you wanted. Just have to cross and come back.

Thailand tourist visas

From Bangkok I have used Bangkok buddy (my write up), take about 8 hours and they do everything for you

costs: 2,100 baht, very professional and I would use these guys again. As for "guaranteed " there is no such thing as said, but I think going via a company like Bangkok buddy will give you a stronger chance of getting the visa than going solo. Not to say you will have problems going solo.

Thailand tourist visas

If you want to stay in Thailand long time and you're too young for a retirement visa then get a 1 year ED visa. I got mine from prolanguage. Cost is around $750 for a year. You need to get the visa outside of Thailand - I did a visa run to Kuala Lumpur.

After that you need to report in every 90 days and you also need to get a passport stamp if you want to exit the country.

You might have to show you're learning Thai but I never got asked.