rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

After taking the Red Pill, have you ever been tempted to go Blue Pill?

Taking the Red Pill sometimes feels like if you aren't careful and balanced you could fall into an abyss.
Evolution is a fact. We are monkeys. Sacks of fluid. I can't live seeing people that way.
Sometimes I just look at women as sets of ovaries with faces to show off the kinds of genes that are in those ovaries and bodies that tell me how easily they could be impregnated. That's literally all I can see. I feel like a sociopath.
I sometimes space out and forget that women have personalities. I just think "Age? 20? Ok good eggs. Face? Good genes. Broad hips? Okay. Ready to be bred". I just need to see her smiling once to indicate that she would take good care of a young infant. Something in her face gives off that quality. She doesn't have to say a word.
If I was a religious guy, this wouldn't be so difficult for me. This is the genius of religion. It tells you about gender roles as simple wisdom and then gives you "immortality" to help you along too.
With this Red Pill shit I start reading all of these evolutionary psychology articles and just getting more and more depressed at the material reality and the finiteness. We just have death after this game is over. My head starts spinning. More and more I start to think that we arent supposed to see ourselves under microscopes. Delusion is necessary for happiness. Delusion can't go as far as feminism though or else we are all fucked. So where is the middle ground in this amoral process of life?
I think the reason feminism exists in intellectual circles is because smarter than average women hate seeing themselves as meat, and they try to explore alternatives. Nature is non-negotiable so they actually harm themselves by trying to stray from it, and they harm society too. Have we done a terrible thing by pushing back against religion? It was a perfect balance, or good enough.

Blue pill? No. Stray from the player lifestyle? Yeah. The game is never over.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Like gmac I always try to take a break from the game every once and a while.

Sometimes it's nice to just fuck around playing videogames (or whatever you want to do) for a bit to recharge your batteries.

Sometimes its nice to get some (controlled) otitis for a girl.

I wrote about it on rok, but everyone should take a break from negative stuff in the manosphere every once and a while. When you're constantly reading these stories about women doing shady things, dudes being angry and the repulsiveness of western women you start noticing those things in real life.

When you step back you see that things aren't as bad as you might perceive them to be.

I think the hardest part of the Red Pill is that if you're ever to maintain a long term relationship, you KNOW you will have to tell lies to yourself and to your partner as both of you age. This is something you have to come to terms with before you get married.
Blue Pill people don't know that they're lying, or they know and it just comes easier to them.
But being a Red Pill guy you would have to convince yourself that your 40 year old wife is still fertile in order to want to fuck her. You'd have to tell yourself "Look her hair looks nice,and her wrinkles don't show as much today thanks to her coverup, so she's fertile on the outside, and she is your wife. Come on stick it in".

I thought the idea behind the Red Pill was that once you took it, you could never go back? How do you un-remember things?

Not being a dick, I know what you meant by it. But I honestly think whatever lead you to accepting Red Pill keeps you from going back to swallow the Blue one. Can't put the toothpaste back into the tube.

Quote: (05-20-2013 08:28 PM)ghostdog Wrote:  

I think the hardest part of the Red Pill is that if you're ever to maintain a long term relationship, you KNOW you will have to tell lies to yourself and to your partner as both of you age. This is something you have to come to terms with before you get married.
Blue Pill people don't know that they're lying, or they know and it just comes easier to them.
But being a Red Pill guy you would have to convince yourself that your 40 year old wife is still fertile in order to want to fuck her. You'd have to tell yourself "Look her hair looks nice,and her wrinkles don't show as much today thanks to her coverup, so she's fertile on the outside, and she is your wife. Come on stick it in".

The most interesting thing I find is this "attractiveness bubble" that seems to increase as I age. Women in their 30s that I might have been repulsed by 10 years ago are suddenly more attractive to me. That's not to say that it's okay for a woman to let herself go, but it's enough for me to realize that I might actually be attracted to a partner in my 50s or older. Perceptions change, as do priorities. That's part of being a man.

Quote: (05-20-2013 08:33 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

The most interesting thing I find is this "attractiveness bubble" that seems to increase as I age. Women in their 30s that I might have been repulsed by 10 years ago are suddenly more attractive to me. That's not to say that it's okay for a woman to let herself go, but it's enough for me to realize that I might actually be attracted to a partner in my 50s or older. Perceptions change, as do priorities. That's part of being a man.
Are you sure that isn't just about how your playing field changes as you get older? You're still wired to want the youngest.
I'm not attracted to 45 year olds now. Even really fit 45 year olds bother me because I know they're not fertile and they produce kids with downs.
How would I ever be attracted to my 45 year old wife? My 55 year old wife?
Such depressing thoughts.

Quote: (05-20-2013 08:31 PM)MasterBacja Wrote:  

I thought the idea behind the Red Pill was that once you took it, you could never go back? How do you un-remember things?

Not being a dick, I know what you meant by it. But I honestly think whatever lead you to accepting Red Pill keeps you from going back to swallow the Blue one. Can't put the toothpaste back into the tube.

I don't think you can really go all the way back to the Blue Pill. The Red Pill changes you forever.
It can be tempting though just because the ugliness of nature is right in your face with the Red Pill and it can get overwhelming.

Quote: (05-20-2013 08:26 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

Sometimes it's nice to just fuck around playing videogames (or whatever you want to do) for a bit to recharge your batteries.

I wrote about it on rok, but everyone should take a break from negative stuff in the manosphere every once and a while. When you're constantly reading these stories about women doing shady things, dudes being angry and the repulsiveness of western women you start noticing those things in real life.

When you step back you see that things aren't as bad as you might perceive them to be.

I try to look at that stuff as little as possible. Sometimes when I'm bored I'll have a look at the more "political" threads on here and in the manosphere or some of the moaning about feminism, or I stumble upon stuff by accident and I start reading. It works me up though when I read it, it actually genuinely makes me angry. So, I distance myself from that.

I learned game to pick up women. Part of the process is understanding why they're like the way they are, and understanding women helps you pick them up. But I didn't learn game to start calling out feminists, pedestalising my own gender (though I rightly believe men are the greater sex) and argue political/feminist/MRA issues.

It seems that most guys that come across game learn the PUA/player stuff and then as they advance they become more involved in the feminist/MRA side of things. I'm not interested in it, and I'd advise people to keep away from it unless you genuinely have the time and motivation to do something about your views. In an already isolated frame of mind, it's not healthy to harbour thoughts if you haven't got any/many red pill mates around you because you'll shut yourself off from society. At work for example, I slipped up recently with some red pill views and had a load of arguments with people and there's been animosity and an awkward environment in the office since. I've been silently labelled the outsider.

It seems to me like Game is Fight Club, and then the MRA/feminism and all that stuff is Project Mayhem. It's evolved from Game. I'm not hating on that side of things, some of the work and writing I've seen is exceptional, it's just not for me and I see a lot of guys going into that side of things as if it's almost a necessary part of your education and progression in being a player.

Remember, women should be the side plates to your main course of life. There's no need to walk away from it all for a while if you manage your life appropriately.

Quote: (05-20-2013 08:39 PM)ghostdog Wrote:  

Are you sure that isn't just about how your playing field changes as you get older? You're still wired to want the youngest.
I'm not attracted to 45 year olds now. Even really fit 45 year olds bother me because I know they're not fertile and they produce kids with downs.

That's why your libido declines with age. Nature is doing you a favor. You will care less about sex at 55 than you do now.

Forget trying to undo the red pill. It's like trying to go back to believing in Santa Claus after you already realized it's a hoax. Eventually you will adjust to it and what bothers you now will become normal and then not seem so bad. It's the same adjustment period atheists go through when they lose their religion. The world all of a sudden becomes a dark place, but after they get past that period they become happier in knowing (what they perceive as) the truth. Just give it time.

I'm wired to want the youngest? Sure, I'm attracted to 18 year olds, but I can't fucking stand them. I'm nearly 30, and the last thing I want to do is waste time listening to some kid just so I can bang them (wow, reading that makes me sound old to myself). Some players seek out the most fertile and attractive women to fuck, while others prefer those attractive ones that intrigue and/or interest them... or more importantly, don't annoy or disgust them.

If I settle down and marry, why would I care about how fertile my wife is? At that point you've either had kids already or don't plan to... so I don't understand your argument. Fertility isn't important to me.

Quote: (05-20-2013 08:41 PM)ghostdog Wrote:  

Quote: (05-20-2013 08:31 PM)MasterBacja Wrote:  

I don't think you can really go all the way back to the Blue Pill. The Red Pill changes you forever.
It can be tempting though just because the ugliness of nature is right in your face with the Red Pill and it can get overwhelming.

I hear ya. It's ugly but once you know it's true, personally I see no way to live "blissfully ignorant". To answer your OP, yeah sometimes I wish I still believed the lies society and the females in my family fed me at a young age. But going back after seeing what i've seen? I don't believe it could be done.

Quote: (05-20-2013 08:47 PM)MattC Wrote:  

Quote: (05-20-2013 08:26 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

I try to look at that stuff as little as possible. Sometimes when I'm bored I'll have a look at the more "political" threads on here and in the manosphere or some of the moaning about feminism, or I stumble upon stuff by accident and I start reading. It works me up though when I read it, it actually genuinely makes me angry. So, I distance myself from that.

I learned game to pick up women. Part of the process is understanding why they're like the way they are, and understanding women helps you pick them up. But I didn't learn game to start calling out feminists, pedestalising my own gender (though I rightly believe men are the greater sex) and argue political/feminist/MRA issues.

It seems that most guys that come across game learn the PUA/player stuff and then as they advance they become more involved in the feminist/MRA side of things. I'm not interested in it, and I'd advise people to keep away from it unless you genuinely have the time and motivation to do something about your views. In an already isolated frame of mind, it's not healthy to harbour thoughts if you haven't got any/many red pill mates around you because you'll shut yourself off from society. At work for example, I slipped up recently with some red pill views and had a load of arguments with people and there's been animosity and an awkward environment in the office since. I've been silently labelled the outsider.

It seems to me like Game is Fight Club, and then the MRA/feminism and all that stuff is Project Mayhem. It's evolved from Game. I'm not hating on that side of things, some of the work and writing I've seen is exceptional, it's just not for me and I see a lot of guys going into that side of things as if it's almost a necessary part of your education and progression in being a player.

Remember, women should be the side plates to your main course of life. There's no need to walk away from it all for a while if you manage your life appropriately.

I couldn't agree more with you about controlling which opinions you let loose on the "blue pill" masses. As bad as it sounds, compartmentalization becomes a reality if you're looking to not go fully misanthropic with your whole existence. Especially if you don't have friends who share your mindset (or worse, co-workers like in your case). I personally have strong opinions about a lot of "red pill topics", but by some small miracle I have learned to keep my mouth shut when I'm in a lose-lose situation.

If I had a dollar for every time I wrote a response to some dumb shit on Facebook and deleted it before posting it. Wouldn't have been worth the can of worms I was opening.

Side note: I need to delete Facebook....

Quote: (05-20-2013 08:49 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

I'm wired to want the youngest? Sure, I'm attracted to 18 year olds, but I can't fucking stand them. I'm nearly 30, and the last thing I want to do is waste time listening to some kid just so I can bang them (wow, reading that makes me sound old to myself). Some players seek out the most fertile and attractive women to fuck, while others prefer those attractive ones that intrigue and/or interest them... or more importantly, don't annoy or disgust them.

If I settle down and marry, why would I care about how fertile my wife is? At that point you've either had kids already or don't plan to... so I don't understand your argument. Fertility isn't important to me.
18 years olds are terrible in the West. In conservative countries they're tolerable. It's culture that makes them so annoying. You're still hard-wired to want 18 year olds.

As for your second point... hmm how do explain this? Biologically every time you fuck you do so as if you are impregnating a woman. Even if you don't want to impregnate her with your most conscious thoughts you physically do it the same way any other animal fucks. Your primal brain can be fooled by the external appearance of a well maintained post menopausal 50 year old. Mine can't. It doesnt help that I've read countless articles on female fertility and that's all both my conscious and animal brain can think about.

Quote: (05-20-2013 09:11 PM)ghostdog Wrote:  

As for your second point... hmm how do explain this? Biologically every time you fuck you do so as if you are impregnating a woman. Even if you don't want to impregnate her with your most conscious thoughts you physically do it the same way any other animal fucks. Your primal brain can be fooled by the external appearance of a well maintained post menopausal 50 year old. Mine can't. It doesnt help that I've read countless articles on female fertility and that's all both my conscious and animal brain can think about.

If that were true how why are dudes fucking blowup dolls and pocket pussies and masturbating? Is your hand fertile? Why do straight guys go on the downlow in prison and fuck other guys? Why are there dudes that fuck sheep? There are necrophiliacs digging up graves to fuck.

Of course we're wired to find the most fertile women optimally attractive, but that doesn't mean many dudes don't get off just having some friction(or ANY friction) on their shaft.

I suspect that as you get older and the "soft-harem/foreign-bangathon" opportunities start getting more difficult and/or slipping away, and girls in their prime (~16 to ~25) seem evermore elusive and foreign, you'll probably find it increasingly easier to rationalize "Blue Pill" thoughts to yourself. Especially if you somehow have a daughter along the way.

We here actively try to tailor our lifestyles to fit our beliefs. But sometimes, our beliefs mold to fit our lifestyles--hence why Blue Pill thoughts are so popular, as they're ego-saving palliatives for everyone from hapless guys to aging spinsters.

We often see posts on here that go something like "damn, if I could only go back in time to mentor a younger version of myself."

The next iteration might be "damn, if only I could travel forward in time to make sure a future version of myself doesn't regress," or "damn, if only I could bring forward a past version of myself to give present me a pep-talk."

Not everyone, of course. We have several members here living incredible lifestyles well into their middle-ages.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (05-20-2013 09:24 PM)Kabal Wrote:  

Not everyone, of course. We have several members living incredible lifestyles here well into their middle-ages.

Ideally we all will, although it's improbable it'll be all of us.

I come to this forum more to learn from men who've accomplished what I'm striving to accomplish (as far as lifestyle) than to learn to talk to girls. Real talk. Hopefully, the wisdom of men who've "been" will keep me from regressing. Only time will tell though, I suppose.

My dad was married for nearly 20 years. He's always been a very smart guy who stayed in great shape, and his career recently took him to rockstar status. He spent his late thirties and all of his forties dating non-stop and banging all ranges of women, all the while stringing along a few in LTRs. He's nearly sixty now and he's my best friend. Does he care about fertility? Hell no. He's tired of dating (and fucking) women that he's not romantically, physically, or emotionally compatible with. Bottom line, he's lonely and wants companionship. Unfortunately, he's old and can't seem to find the right combination.

Red pill, blue pill, liberal, conservative are all inaccurate, sometimes usable shorthand terms that don't directly map to particular, physically real things which are uniform across individuals. In other words, "red" is pretty real-- a particular set of light bandwidths. "Red Pill" is highly subjective.

This concept is called "reification". This is mistaking an abstraction for a real, physical thing.

Something like a particular individual's erectile response to 18 year old girls would be measurable, but then again it would vary with the particular girl of course, the state of mind/health the guy being measured, etc.

This leads to endless, somewhat pointless arguments about whether a particular word or concept-- which isn't even really the same thing to both people discussing it-- is "true."

As far as the whole fertility attraction thing, as I'm going through my 50's I do see I am still almost only attracted to women who appear fertile. The girls I am MOST attracted to are almost exactly the same age as when I was 24 or 27.
An 18 year old could have 12 of my children whereas a 35 year old might only be able to have 2.

However, I think if a woman was loyal to me for years, gave me children, and took care of them and me, and maintained her looks fairly well, I could certainly see having sex with her as an expression of affection and joy and not be feeling ice cold because my body knew she wasn't fertile.

Even in total ruthless evolutionary terms, your affection to an now-infertile mother of your children could have a function of maintaining her health and, resultantly, her ability to continue to care for the growing children. As well it would help continue to maintain your social network support in the tribe. In terms of evolution, I don't think the anonymous, urban , nuclear family model has dictated much of our evolution.

We are still designed to exist in a social network, although many PUA people are probably less wired than others to be high-attachment neurologically.

Quote: (05-20-2013 09:22 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

If that were true how why are dudes fucking blowup dolls and pocket pussies and masturbating? Is your hand fertile? Why do straight guys go on the downlow in prison and fuck other guys? Why are there dudes that fuck sheep? There are necrophiliacs digging up graves to fuck.

Of course we're wired to find the most fertile women optimally attractive, but that doesn't mean many dudes don't get off just having some friction(or ANY friction) on their shaft.
I masturbate when there are no girls to fuck. You can't compare masturbation and blow up dolls to actual sex.

If I'm fucking a 45 year old I have to imagine her as somebody else. That's supposed to be my wife. Therefore I'm lying to her if I tell her that I'm still attracted to her and lying to myself. I'm using her wrinkled old body for shaft stimulation while imagining 18 year olds in my head. I have no idea how married people do that while having a relationship that is supposed to be about "trust" and "honesty"

Quote: (05-20-2013 09:33 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

My dad was married for nearly 20 years. He's always been a very smart guy who stayed in great shape, and his career recently took him to rockstar status. He spent his late thirties and all of his forties dating non-stop and banging all ranges of women, all the while stringing along a few in LTRs. He's nearly sixty now and he's my best friend. Does he care about fertility? Hell no. He's tired of dating (and fucking) women that he's not romantically, physically, or emotionally compatible with. Bottom line, he's lonely and wants companionship. Unfortunately, he's old and can't seem to find the right combination.

When you say rockstar status, do you mean it literally? A 60 year old famous guy in shape can still get very attractive women. He may be so smart that women are dull to him.

As I completed my doctorate and had traveled much of the world, the shallowness of most women's intellect meant fewer and fewer of them were interesting at all as I aged. To worsen this, as I became less physically attractive, the bright fun ones focus more on younger guys to some extent.

Have you gotten his views of foreign women? I'm getting the impression that looks don't matter to him much anymore. It's the desire to be understood. I am having that problem too, and am looking at things more and more like this: My needs need to be compartmentalized. I need friends which are specialists in the various pursuits I engage in.

Bicycling, arts, sex--- REAL real hard to get one person you can share everything with.

I think in more mature cultures ( France) an older guy wanting a hot young mistress is just more accepted as long as you honor your wife who has give you years of her loyalty.
It's the senseless puritanical perfectionism of America that demands divorce after infidelity.

Quote: (05-20-2013 09:58 PM)ghostdog Wrote:  

I have no idea how married people do that while having a relationship that is supposed to be about "trust" and "honesty"

I think this statement is literally the part that the blue pill is founded on. Relationships, from my experience, are built just as equally on convenience, circumstance and "white lies" as much as those tentpoles you mentioned.

Unless I'm so hollow inside and jaded from life that I've lost that portion of my emotions. It's honestly a toss up.

Quote: (05-20-2013 09:58 PM)ghostdog Wrote:  

I have no idea how married people do that while having a relationship that is supposed to be about "trust" and "honesty"

The only reason why we're struggling with squaring a woman's declining attractiveness with lifelong matrimony is because we've accepted the modern idea that marriage is closely related to sexual satisfaction.

It isn't. Or it is only in the limited sense that it was the sole socially legitimate sexual outlet and the one most accessible to all classes of men. But men in previous periods would turn to mistresses and prostitutes in middle age. Hell, in more distant eras if you were of some status you could resort to concubines, servant girls, and even slaves. Also, and it's distasteful to say it, men in the past could exploit their female kin.

Quote: (05-20-2013 09:22 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I agree with speakeasy.

ghostdog you sound like you're taking the whole evolutionary aspect very black and white and that evolutionary reasons are able to explain everything ie. we want sex solely to propagate with young/fertile women.

if you go by the theory that lots of manosphere writers talk about ie. sperm is cheap eggs are expensive. then we're "hardwired" to fuck more than we are to reproduce. Yes we want to bone the most fertile of women, but evolutionarily speaking our goal would be leaning more to "nut in everything that resembles a vagina" old women, young women and the more unnatural things like blow up dolls, goats and feminists.

We have the power of choice as humans we are not entirely constrained by our biology. Our biology may provide direction, but ultimately we make the decisions. If this weren't true I would have acted on my impulse to nut in every girl I've ever banged and trust me it was hard not to for some of them.

It happens all the time. You see it on the newbie forum but also on the game forum. It's so cliche it's the basis of many a hollywood flick.

Nerd finds game.
Nerd eats better, works out, dresses better, becomes more social and most of starts living life on his terms.

Nerd runs through average chicks, better than average chicks, regularly messes with chicks he could only dream about.

Then he runs across some chick that is in his mind "objectively" different.

Eases back on his alpha, and before you know it, he's holding a purse @ Bed Bath and Beyond.

Some may end up in full beta, then get devastated.
Sometimes the desire to get back out there in the hunt is what happens, and you have to fuck over a good chick.

WIA

I don't know if I could ever get married, unless the girl I marry lets me have an "open marriage" (i.e., let me fuck other younger girls).

Either way, the institution of marriage is going out of style for everyone except the ultra-religious and the upper-middle class and above.

Read this report if you have some free time:

http://www.stateofourunions.org/2012/SOOU2012.pdf