rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Retro Marriage Trend Makes a Comeback

http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/retro-ma...55294.html

“For the married female population, keeping your maiden name is so last decade,” wrote Abby Haglage Thursday in her Daily Beast story “Retro Wedding Craze: Taking the Husband’s Name.” She reveals that, according to Facebook data on 14 million married women recently collected jointly by the social media company and the Daily Beast, 65 percent of women in their 20s and 30s changed their name when they married.

Those percentages rose, unsurprisingly, with women in their 40s, 50s, and 60s—to 68, 75, and 80, respectively

Taking your husband's name is now retro? [Image: lol.gif]

Wait, 35% of women keep their names? Cripes, you bet your net worth that you've met a good mother and wife, and then she says no dice to the consulation price (albeit relatively meaningless). Might as well just shack up and have a few bastard kids, funny how UMC bitches are quite puritanical about being mothers of bastards.

I know a few that hyphenate it. I knew I was screwed when the female family court judge had a hyphenated last name. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (05-17-2013 01:17 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I know a few that hyphenate it. I knew I was screwed when the female family court judge had a hyphenated last name. [Image: dodgy.gif]

I hate hyphenated last names. I don't even like on Facebook when they show their maiden name as a middle name ("Megan Bedford Addison"). I mean, unless you're latino, or WASPy old money, you don't have several family names. You have your fathers name until you have your husband's name. Anything else suggests an unnatural inability to defer to male authority. Those broads do NOT make wife material; they barely make girlfriend material.

Quote: (05-17-2013 01:23 PM)Dexter Morgan Wrote:  

I don't even like on Facebook when they show their maiden name as a middle name ("Megan Bedford Addison").

They do that so their good close friends, the ones that should know their married name, can find them on FB.

I just shake my head....

Quote: (05-17-2013 12:48 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Isn't keeping your father's name just perpetuating the patriarchy as well?

That's one of my criteria for marriage.

The woman has to take my last name. No questions asked and definitely no stupid hyphenated last names.

Quote: (05-17-2013 01:29 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

Quote: (05-17-2013 01:23 PM)Dexter Morgan Wrote:  

I don't even like on Facebook when they show their maiden name as a middle name ("Megan Bedford Addison").

They do that so their good close friends, the ones that should know their married name, can find them on FB.

I just shake my head....

I know, I love that excuse! And the hamster spins a little faster...

Quote: (05-17-2013 01:47 PM)Galnuc69 Wrote:  

Quote: (05-17-2013 12:48 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Isn't keeping your father's name just perpetuating the patriarchy as well?

And your point is?? This is a female's hamsterized logic we're talking about, this isn't a swiss watch...