rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any tips on how to deal with fluctuating self-esteem ?

... and become more even tempered ?

I am the life of the party, boss on the soccer field, everyone's friend and able to attract people with little to no effort on some days. During these times I am able to be myself, I can act exactly how I would like to and am completely content with myself. Everything feels so ... " light" .

On other days I am shy, awkward , rusty and just not in touch with myself. It is hard to describe. Everything that comes out of my mouth seems forced, I walk around with low energy and even the air feels different. It's heavier.

I am not bipolar or depressed. Life is going awesome.

I am not willing to see a Therapist because all they will do is pull out some fake disorder out of their asses and put me on Meds.

Just wish I could have a more even and predictable state of mind.

Any brahs experience something similar or same ?

Thanks brahs !

Make and keep more money. You won't care about people's opinions of you, you become carefree.

"Any tips on how to deal with fluctuating self-esteem ?"

Yes, recognize that it will never stop fluctuating.

Even YOU are not the same person now as you were when you woke up today.

If you're doing any growing at all, you will be changing all the time because all of existence is in constant flux.

What's causing us unnecessary psychological anguish (in addition to the low periods of self-esteem) is our unrealistic expectation that the fuzzy feelings associated with being 'on top of the world' can, do, and SHOULD remain that way consistently.

It's the same as the myth of the guy who's always "in state". Nope, he just goes with what existence brings him and accepts THAT - whatever it is - courageously.

All of the time we spend hoping for a change from a crappy mood to a gleeful one means we're taking our awareness and presence out of the NOW and mishandling the moment.

If you suspect it's more than psychological, could be a dietary or other external issue. Or more likely, a combination of everything all at once.

In one word, lithium (in a therapeutic dose). There would prolly be a few other suggestions if we talked a little more about diet, exercise, and general lifestyle, of course. If you want to know more, you can PM me.

Damn, I don't think lithium is really going to allow you to address these issues.

Personally, I would really recommend flower essences to address these issues. This page is a from a flower essence company which talks about the essences in their range which can help with low self esteem.

http://www.desert-alchemy.com/txt/self-esteem.html

honestly, I would expect it would take a month or two to treat this. I would recommend you find a flower essence practitioner to make you up a bottle for 1-2 months or else go to your local health food store and they should have some there. These essences are cheap, effective and highly recommend.

Never heard of a flower essence practitioner. Sounds interesting.

If you're interested in going the supplement route, here are 2 supplements I recommend that help balance mood and keep you emotionally level. I've used them both and notice a mild but positive difference:

1. Ashwagandha
http://www.amazon.com/Foods-Ashwagandha-...shwagandha

2. Sam-E
http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Sa...ords=sam+e

Quote: (05-16-2013 10:27 AM)LibertarianBootyHunter Wrote:  

... and become more even tempered ?

I am the life of the party, boss on the soccer field, everyone's friend and able to attract people with little to no effort on some days. During these times I am able to be myself, I can act exactly how I would like to and am completely content with myself. Everything feels so ... " light" .

On other days I am shy, awkward , rusty and just not in touch with myself. It is hard to describe. Everything that comes out of my mouth seems forced, I walk around with low energy and even the air feels different. It's heavier.

I am not bipolar or depressed. Life is going awesome.

I am not willing to see a Therapist because all they will do is pull out some fake disorder out of their asses and put me on Meds.

Just wish I could have a more even and predictable state of mind.

Any brahs experience something similar or same ?

Thanks brahs !

Holy shit.

This pretty much exactly describes me man.

But I'm not sure that you would call it 'fluctuating self-esteem' though. It used to really get me down before, but now I just recognize that i'm not at my mental best, smile, and stay positive. Before I would get frustrated by the fact that it felt like I was fucking myself up socially on these days, but now I just try to kick back and be chill, maybe a bit more quiet than other days, but never afraid, or frustrated.

For me personally, it's never really a question of self-esteem- I just note that I'm not on my game, and do what I can to not let that stop me from going about my day like I would do otherwise. I'm not sure if the frequency of these kinds of days has decreased, but I can say for sure that they're not as bad as before I started looking at my mental framework and keeping positive.

Hope this helps bro.

RVF Fearless Coindogger Crew

Change your inner voice. Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.

So when you keep saying negative things to yourself just replace them with positive things.

"I feel great."

"I am the man."

"These bitches love me."

"I'm unstoppable."

"Tonight is going to be great."

Etc.

I stil have to go into the inner voice and re affirm things. Especially when I'm rolling solo. You will be amazed at how the night can change in your favor.

Get a solid daily routine going.

Enough sleep, working out, etc. It'll give you less down time to think about shit that doesn't matter.

It'll never go away, but your average will go up.