rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hotel suggestions for Maui?

Thinking about booking a trip there with a couple friends. Anyone have suggestions for logistically appropriate accommodations?

I was there last week, stayed at Lahaina Inn which was great, right in downtown lahaina...its kind of no frills and quiet really limited hours...but Lahaina basically has the only nightlife on the island as far as I could tell. a block from Moose McGillicuttys. staying there you could access the pool and facilities down at the Royal Lahaina as well.

other hotels in Lahaina would work as well. Plantation inn, etc...a few others. the cruise ships drop people off there in that area.

Dude, you have to go up the middle of Maui and over to the north east side of the island. Lahaina is nice and all, but it doesn't compare to the other side of the island with the black sand beaches, waterfalls, and rainbow eucalyptus trees. I'm always shocked to hear that most people don't make it over there as its the nicest part of the island. Definitely snorkel or scuba at the crater too.

most people on maui are non-adventurous couples doing their cheesy yearly vacation so they don't kill each other. i'm thinking renting a party house would be cool too....but there really isn't much happening on the island.

I would have done if I had more time but I was there less than 48 hours. The roads are supposedly pretty dodgy on that side too....i heard tours are the way to go. The snorkeling sounded cool too.

Quote: (05-14-2013 06:36 PM)PartyonBro Wrote:  

but there really isn't much happening on the island.

As far as partying goes, probably not. I was with my parents when I was there and I was 16 so I can't comment much on that aspect. But there is a whole lot to do as far as sight seeing. It's the nicest place I've ever been in terms of beauty. We went snorkeling, parasailing, took a helicopter over the crater, and drove all over the island. You will not be disappointed if you choose to do the right things. Here are some images of what you should be checking out.

Here's a black sand beach towards the north east part of the island.
[Image: attachment.jpg12127]   

These trees can be found on the island, called rainbow eucalyptus. Their bark is multi colored as you can see. Pretty damn cool
[Image: attachment.jpg12128]   

This is a crater in Maui, not easily accessible though. Maybe you can hike up it. We took a helicopter over it, quite a sight.
[Image: attachment.jpg12129]   

This is the crater in the ocean I was saying you have to go and scuba. It's amazing. We saw all types of crazy colorful fish, sea turtles, a shark, eels, and octopus.
[Image: attachment.jpg12130]   

One of the many waterfalls you can see on the island.
[Image: attachment.jpg12131]