rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Angelina Jolie had double mastectomy.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/peopl...y/2157403/

Quote:Quote:

She says she feels "empowered that I made a strong choice that in no way diminishes my femininity."

Honestly, she never struck me as very feminine to begin with. I always thought there was something masculine about her. Her manjaw isn't as bad as Olivia Wilde's, but Angelina has an enormous mouth (I'm of the belief that a large mouth=gaping sinkhole pit of a vagina.)

Then again, when you're one of the highest paid celebs in hollywood, I guess this is no big deal since you can afford to do this and have fake tits built for you.

"My chances of developing breast cancer have dropped from 87% to under 5%," Jolie writes. "I can tell my children that they don't need to fear they will lose me to breast cancer."

Sounds like she actually made a very wise decision here. Brave too.

Considering she made the decision based on having the BRCA1 gene, I was expecting to read that she had her ovaries removed as well.

Makes sense doesn't it [Image: huh.gif]

...surely there are less drastic ways to manage the risk.

It's like she's hit a self imposed wall.
Too bad Brad!

can't even hate. if this is the best way to reduce the risk, then whatever.

cancer sucks

she would be leaving a sh*tload of kids motherless if she died

I remember she was naked in a movie she made with Antonio Bandeiras and her tits seemed small and saggy.

"Go be fat on someone else's time."

I don't see the problem here. It's drastic yes, but I don't know how accurate of a predictor this genetic test is. If it really has such a massive correlation, it seems well worth it. As far as beauty goes, she did get artificial replacements, so odds are that she probably looks better now.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Feel bad for her, must have been a horrible decision.

Lost a fair few family members to cancer so I won't be making any disparaging comments about this story.

Wish her a quick recovery.

I think she should've played the "Even I am just human" card a bit more. The "empowering" talk isn't really exploitable for her rating in this case.

Quote: (05-14-2013 04:49 AM)porscheguy Wrote:  

Her manjaw isn't as bad as Olivia Wilde's, but Angelina has an enormous mouth (I'm of the belief that a large mouth=gaping sinkhole pit of a vagina.)

Big mouths aren't unfeminine.
Big mouth = big smile and huge lips.

Her brother has her mouth/lips on a manlier jaw, and he looks too feminine

[Image: angelina%20jolie%20and%20brother%20james...en%201.jpg]

Delete

"Honestly, she never struck me as very feminine to begin with. I always thought there was something masculine about her."

There are different types of beauty, but she clearly epitomizes one version.

Occasionally, I read critical comments of her. I am not a follower of celebrities ... but the way she has lived reminds me of a GREAT alpha male. If that can be done with the grace and beauty and charity that she possesses ... well, the world is a much better place

bad news for the tit guys among us. But she still got a fabulous ass. [Image: smile.gif]

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

So if you had a 15% chance of testicular cancer between 30-50???

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

News like this must really have George Clooney questioning his decision to remain a bachelor.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

I'm a little shocked that some of you can't give her props for this. That you'd rather talk about her looks, and somehow be critical of the decision, and minimize the impact of the decision. Her being a celeb, and having money doesn't make this easier. She watched her mother die from this after a 10 YEAR FIGHT. Most women would take their chances, because they don't want to go through the trauma of losing their breasts (a huge part of a woman's femininity comes from her breasts. And face it, women that are small breasted or flat-chested ARE self-conscious about it). Other women will have the lump removed and undergo radiation/chemo, but do everything they can to avoid the mastectomy. This is HUGE on her part. She lives a full, active life, and has made a commitment to her family. This isn't even about attention whoring either. With all of the silly shit celeb broads want attention for, this is something that's valuable to all women.

A former high school squeeze of mine made this same decision, and recently completed chemo and radiation after a double mastectomy. The last scan she got came up clean, and a lot of women would have taken that as a reason to avoid the surgery. She went ahead with it. Instead of watching her hair fall out from chemo, she made a party of letting one of her sons shave her head. She took it on straight up. Her hair is growing back, and hopefully the cancer doesn't return.

A few years ago The Today Show had a segment about a family of women, cousins, that ALL had prophylactic double mastectomies. They'd had several deaths in the family from the disease, and they all tested positive for the gene also. So they didn't wait until they got it - they made the decision to have their breasts removed. I know we crush women for a lot of stupidity here, but lets not include something like this as a reason to bash. Even with some of her weirdness, I've always had mad respect for Angelina Jolie and how she lives her life. That respect just grew tenfold. Since she's had 3 children (and adopted more), it wouldn't surprise me if she took the additional step down the road to have surgery to possibly prevent ovarian cancer.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Her article at the NYT
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/opinio...P/7QK0OYA&

Quote: (05-14-2013 05:28 AM)369eyedea Wrote:  

It's like she's hit a self imposed wall.
Too bad Brad!

I don't think Brad Pitt is worried.

They probably have an open relationship anyway (unless he's really beta).

Can't she still get implants? I believe Christina Applegate did the same thing.

Quote: (05-14-2013 09:08 AM)Timoteo Wrote:  

I'm a little shocked that some of you can't give her props for this. That you'd rather talk about her looks, and somehow be critical of the decision, and minimize the impact of the decision. Her being a celeb, and having money doesn't make this easier. She watched her mother die from this after a 10 YEAR FIGHT. Most women would take their chances, because they don't want to go through the trauma of losing their breasts (a huge part of a woman's femininity comes from her breasts. And face it, women that are small breasted or flat-chested ARE self-conscious about it). Other women will have the lump removed and undergo radiation/chemo, but do everything they can to avoid the mastectomy. This is HUGE on her part. She lives a full, active life, and has made a commitment to her family. This isn't even about attention whoring either. With all of the silly shit celeb broads want attention for, this is something that's valuable to all women.

A former high school squeeze of mine made this same decision, and recently completed chemo and radiation after a double mastectomy. The last scan she got came up clean, and a lot of women would have taken that as a reason to avoid the surgery. She went ahead with it. Instead of watching her hair fall out from chemo, she made a party of letting one of her sons shave her head. She took it on straight up. Her hair is growing back, and hopefully the cancer doesn't return.

A few years ago The Today Show had a segment about a family of women, cousins, that ALL had prophylactic double mastectomies. They'd had several deaths in the family from the disease, and they all tested positive for the gene also. So they didn't wait until they got it - they made the decision to have their breasts removed. I know we crush women for a lot of stupidity here, but lets not include something like this as a reason to bash. Even with some of her weirdness, I've always had mad respect for Angelina Jolie and how she lives her life. That respect just grew tenfold. Since she's had 3 children (and adopted more), it wouldn't surprise me if she took the additional step down the road to have surgery to possibly prevent ovarian cancer.

Agreed. It seems quite a few people on here are pretty bitter in regards to any news story regarding women and showing them in a positive light, and go straight to the red pill circlejerk mindset. Glad to see it isn't always the case.

So wait a second ... she had her tits removed? Wtf??

Yes, indeedy, she had her tits removed. Good call for her health and family, but if I do ever change my mind about getting married or making a very long term commitment to a woman, I'll make sure my woman gets screened for the breast cancer gene. No tits is kind of a deal breaker. No hate on Ang though, she made the right decision.

"Make a little music everyday 'til you die"

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

Read the NY Times article. She had a procedure that preserved the nipple, then they removed the breast tissue. She then had implants put in, and is happy with the result.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Sweet Mother of God.
I thought women would do that AFTER a cancer-breakout and not as a preventive measure.

Quote: (05-14-2013 10:34 AM)w00t Wrote:  

Sweet Mother of God.
I thought women would do that AFTER a cancer-breakout and not as a preventive measure.

she has 87% odds of getting it. Same thing. She might as well have found it already.

Imagine the stress of waiting on an 87% chance of having cancer, with a huge family. You wouldn't be able to enjoy life at all.