rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Barcelona: June 1 - June 8

Hey guys,

I will be traveling to Barcelona during the first week of June. Just spent the day gaming with Lothario in my hometown (NYC), and after that positive experience, I think it would be fun to meetup with some more RVF members, assuming there are some in Barcelona.

I will be traveling with family...but will definitely have some time to go out at night, experience the 'famous' Barcelona nightlife-scene, and potentially day-game too if I have the time.

I will be staying in a very nice apartment (I believe it is a timeshare, or something of that nature) in the Eixample District, - it is right next to Passeig De Gracia.

Lothario suggested I jailbreak my Iphone 4s and then purchase a simcard when I arrive in Barcelona. Anyone know if thats my best bet? ...or should I just head to AT&T and tell them I want an international data plan for that week?

I also want to do a little pipelining since I have 3 weeks until I arrive in Spain. Haven't ever used any online dating really, do I use Badoo?

Thanks in advance for the tips, and please let me know if anybody wants to meet up.

Spider

bump...

if not a meetup, anyone whose been there have any advice for me? Maybe I'll go out solo.

I just left after 8 days. There's a barcelona thread you should check out that has much better info than I could give you. I was there to meet family, eat, and drink. However I did go out a few nights and got a makeout session with a Catalan girl. Got the number, went on date, makeout session. I'm confident I could have gotten a bang out of it on a subsequent date but I was out of time.

If you want to get with a Spanish/Catalan girl I'd say speaking conversational Spanish is a must. Otherwise go for an expat or tourist (there are plenty of cute ones).

I went through L'Eixample a few times and I'd say it's on the higher end as far as price and crowd goes. I also didn't see as many cute girls. I was staying in El Born and would HIGHLY recommend that area for nightlife. I'd say it's more mixed with tourists and expats and might be easier to work that crowd before jumping into the "locals only" type thing. The girl I met was in a wine bar...I don't know the name, it's right next to another bar just north of Carre Princesa. Took her on a date at La vinya del senyor which is a GREAT date spot.

Having a wingman would be great, I wish I did. However I met plenty of friendly people, and plenty of asshole locals too. Familiarity goes a long way; 3 of the nights I was out, I started at El Xampanyet, awesome authentic tapas bar. First night, guy behind the counter wouldn't smile at me. Second night, a light grin. Third night, a big smile. Don't be dissuaded by the inclusiveness of Catalan culture. Push through it and be polite, but not "fake nice". They like assertiveness. Don't wait for the bartenders attention, just go up to him and say "Hola. Quisiera dos caƱas por favor."

I didn't hit any nightclubs in bcn, so definitely check out the other thread for some solid data on clubbing. Good luck man

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Ok I'll checkout the other thread. Luckily I speak Spanish almost fluently, so that might help me out a little.

I will try to read up a little on El Born and see if it makes sense for me to head over there. Kinda afraid I'll get a little disoriented/lost rolling solo but I think I'll eventually figure it out.

I found when I went to Rome the local Italians were generally cold toward tourists, some being huge assholes. We'll see how the Spaniards compare.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep La Vinya Del Senyor in mind.

Hey man, heads up Sonar festival is on the week afterwards, it's definitely worth a visit if you haven't finalized your trip. There will be lots of foreign women over and great djs (if you're into house music) with their off-Sonar events, great vibe to a great city. I was planning on visiting, but I changed my plans. Accommodation might be a bitch but if you're one person it shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah, I'm going to be at Sonar. I'll be there between the 11th - 17th.

There are two hotspots. One is in Eixample ( just google for the clubs "Bling Bling" and "Sutton" they are on the same street and in my opinion the best in the city. Always with a lot of locals..

The other one is at the beach/the old city. Check for the club "Shoko". It's right on the beach and usually packed with more tourists/expats than the former. If you just want to chill check out passeig de born and the side streets. I recommend "Xampanyet". Anyway enjoy the city

I will check out Bling Bling and Sutton...I'm definitely down for a big club with a lot of locals, hopefully I can use my Spanish with some success.

Thanks tomhagen.