rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Are you any different from the other guys?"

Last night I went out sarging at a Nashville club and made my way to the lounge at the back. As I was ordering a drink, a 5 came up to me and asked if I had a lighter. I told her I didn't smoke and then feigned disappointment about her bad habit. She was sitting with a friend who was a solid 7, so I decided to keep the interaction going. When I got my drink I walked over to their table where a scrawny kid was trying to talk to them. They looked bored out of their minds. When I started to steal their attention, he turned to me and informed me that he was the owner of the building and then asked if I'd like VIP access to the upstairs lounge. I saw this one coming from a mile away. I pretended as if I hadn't heard him and then asked him if he was a Nashville native. He told me his father was a Turkish immigrant. I grabbed one of the girls and said, "Hey, did you know this bastard was Turkish?" He got pissed and demanded an apology. After my unsuccessful attempt to assure him that "bastard" was a term of endearment, he lifts his limp wrist and motions toward the door. The 7 immediately grabs my arm and pulls me onto the dance floor to join a much larger group of girls. She tells me that they've been trying to get away from him for a while and then thanks me for pissing him off. Then she asks me,

"So, are you any different from the other guys?"

I replied, "You'll find out." I thought this was a fairly innocuous response, but she didn't like it at all. A scowl erupted across her face and within a minute she had joined her friends in another part of the club.

I know that in some way or another, every girl is asking this question. My attempt to evade it failed miserably. What would you guys have done? Anything you would have changed earlier in the interaction? Insight as to why this failed? Thanks!

Heh, this Turkish thing took some balls. If he was really the owner, I thought that he'd have you thrown out or something.

As for the girl, I think an A&A (agree & amplify) response would have been better than your confident but maybe too cocky response. I would have said something like:

"I am, I just drove up all the way from Los Angeles."
"Really?"
"Nah, just kidding".

I'm not saying it would have worked a lot better, but it's less confrontational. It really depends on what she was asking for.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

The question in and of itself is kind of stupid. It's a demand that you qualify yourself. That you attempt to separate yourself from countless nameless, faceless individuals. It's a massive shit test - women are constantly demanding that men somehow blow them away with a few words. I don't have a problem with your response to this question - the fact that she asked it indicated that she would have been nearly impossible to please. You were merely telling her to invest a little time and interact, and she could have gotten her answer that way. Fuck that bitch.

The comment to the supposed owner was definitely out of line though...

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

If everything went exactly as you say and you aren't leaving out key parts of the scenario, I'd say you didn't do anything wrong. I think your response was good. It was indirect and provided a bit of mystery. The worst answer would've been a direct yes or no. You did fine. Sometimes a bitch is just a bitch and there's no logic to their behavior. If this kind of thing happens to you constantly, then maybe the problem is you, but you can't control the outcome of every girl you open. You can do everything right and still fail. Takes two to tango. Don't worry about it.

Agree and amplify. She just told you the other dude was boring her and asks you if you're different.

My response would have been "ohhh no, I'm really boring and no fun at all too" with a cocky smile.

yeah I agree with other guys. it's a massive shit test. I am pretty sure she wasn't even interested and threw that question to play with you. what the fuck is she? auditioning you?

some girls, I just can tell they are not interested. but they throw this last question.
'so what do you do?' (you know the tone) meaning she might give me a chance if I do something very special.
If I was a high profile person, why would I talk to a chick at a bar drinking $5 chardonnay?

anyways, I would just ignore...

What about a "No" with a big grin on your face?

Perfectly fine response to her question. She's a bitch. You're not Leonardo DiCaprio. You don't have dozens of writers scripting your every response. What the fuck did she expect you to say?

Turn it around. "Do you ask this question to everyone you meet?"

Quote: (05-12-2013 07:29 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

If I was a high profile person, why would I talk to a chick at a bar drinking $5 chardonnay?

LMAO. But in their eyes they can be Plain Jane, but their man has to be Richy Rich . How else are they going to make something out of themselves?

There was genuine interest: touching, close talking, signs that couldn't be interpreted any other way, UNLESS she was putting on a show until she found an excuse to bail. What's more likely: when we got to the dance floor she joined about 5 other friends, only one of whom had a guy. I had seen them earlier, arms linked, snaking their way through the club (a red flag I chose to ignore). The there was some whispering involved, and I suppose the hive mind rendered an unfavorable judgment. Should have tried to isolate immediately...

Anyways, the next time a girl drops a shit test like that, I'm going to tell her, "Let me get my resume" and then walk away.

Thanks for the responses, this one genuinely confused me.

"What?
That's your job.
Mine's to figure out if you're like all the other girls.
Stop being lazy, I'm not doing your homework. Let's go grab another drink."

First post. Boom.

"Pain is certain, suffering is optional" - Buddah