rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Responding to Compliments

Hey, I'm 16 and an aspiring bodybuilder, so in game terms my body is definitely my best asset. However, when girls compliment me/ say I look hot, I have trouble accepting the compliments. It's nothing to do with low self esteem, but I just find that it's hard to pull off a reply to a straight up compliment and I've messed up initial interest on multiple occasions by awkwardly saying thanks.
Any advice?

Just say "yeah I know" and flex your muscles in a bodybuilder pose and laugh.
They'll eat it up.

Team Nachos

"If you were to pick only one of my muscles" pause. "which muscle would you want to touch the most?"

Haha thanks, I thought that I should probably be more cocky but I don't want to seem too much like a meathead.

Quote: (05-02-2013 12:24 PM)Cyr Wrote:  

Haha thanks, I thought that I should probably be more cocky but I don't want to seem too much like a meathead.

Cocky/funny always works. Just don't be over serious when you're being cocky. Have fun with it. If you're having fun then she's having fun. Girls always pick up on your vibe.

Team Nachos

Thanks, flattery will get you everywhere.

You're not bad looking yourself.

Quote: (05-02-2013 11:33 AM)Cyr Wrote:  

However, when girls compliment me/ say I look hot, I have trouble accepting the compliments.

Ahh to be young again.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot.

It's the middle of the spring semester. Weather is getting warm. Girls start to wear more seasonally appropriate clothing....lo and behold some of those young ladies are starting to look much prettier than they were last year this time.

You say to one, "You're looking kinda cute"

She looks you over, and then says, "I don't like guys like you" - and she makes you feel bad for paying her a compliment - because to her it wasn't just a compliment.

You gave her a compliment free of any kind of sexual intent.
She assumed that your compliment came with an implied holler.
Because in general, women don't tend to give unsolicited compliments.
When says to her GF, "You look cute today" - that's an ego stroke.

Lightbulb yet?

Often, you've got to think in women-ese and use hamster logic.

In your situation, if a random girl breaks girl code/female law and approaches you and then says , "you're cute, you've got a good body" - she's not just complimenting you to compliment you - she's *coming* on to you.

She's not looking for "thank you", she's looking to see if you want to play. If you want to "do the dance", if you have the required social intelligence to understand that she might be interested, but in her mind she needs to see more.

If you say thanks - you're failing her test.
If you reply with a compliment to her - you're failing her test.
Some lame come back - fail.

You pass her test by doing something that she likes, but she doesn't expect.

That's what she wants. She wants novelty. Especially if a chick is young.

So if you're a strapping dude, what you should do is

LIFT HER OFF OF THE GROUND.

Maybe even do a couple of reps. Possibly spin her around.

1) She will not expect that shit, but totally love it. This will hit all of her switches - he's a strong guy, he takes what he wants, doesn't give a shit, kind of an asshole, doesn't care about social convention - all that bullshit that we as players know effect women.

2) And if her friends are watching, all the better, cause now she's got something to say, something to talk about, something to show off.

3) You've also demonstrated some stuff to her friends, and your stock is doubly raised. You get points cause one of their group likes you, and more points because they now like you.

4) On your chick, you've also broken the TOUCH barrier. If you have no problem picking her up, tossing her around with her clothes on and in public, same thing will go do own in private

Even when a chick approaches you, she's not OPEN. After an elevator ride to the top of Cyr Skyscraper she will be open. And now that she's open, the game starts. Now you've got to get her to jump through your hoops. From surprise to submission.

Also, if you had an audience for this, (I'm assuming this is high school), there are gonna be some attention seeking whores out there who want to be picked up too. This is where you really need to keep your wits about you. Unlike a club where you could do some dramatic shit a couple of times in the same night - HS has a pretty rigid social structure. Picking up a cute girl in front of a bunch of other cute girls, might move you to the next level - but if you make it your "schtick" and lift every heifer who asks, might as well join the dorks in ROTC.

good luck young buck,
WIA

Thanks to everyone who commented, I think that I just need to try and move the interaction forward. Instead of just saying 'thanks' or something along those lines, I like WIA's idea of (whilst enjoying myself and not being too serious) breaking the physical barrier and doing something unexpected, or by reframing the initial compliment, by saying something like Bacchus suggested.

Slam dunk by WIA once again [Image: thumb.gif]

Team Nachos

Agree 100% with WIA. He just dropped you some big pearls of wisdom all over that post. Study it. Learn it. Execute. Repeat.

Quote: (05-02-2013 11:33 AM)Cyr Wrote:  

Any advice?