rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

This guy hates Twitter (a lot)

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/t...tml?page=1

Lots of good points.

Uses the term twidiocracy.

I don't like how it's penetrated into absolutely everything. Thanks to twitter and facebook the line between what's private and what's public has been bludgeon with a frying pan.

Reppin the Jersey Shore.

Discourse changes. Get used to it.

Pretty good article, actually. It wasn't just blind hate but a clear showing of how Twitter, Facebook, and smartphones is turning us into nihilistic robots who have trouble communicating off the internet. On the other hand, if you have a lot of followers, Twitter is a powerful means of influence. With just one tweet from a few seconds of work I can send 1,000-2,000 people to an article.

cogent

Quote: (04-28-2013 06:10 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Pretty good article, actually. It wasn't just blind hate but a clear showing of how Twitter, Facebook, and smartphones is turning us into nihilistic robots who have trouble communicating off he internet. On the other hand, if you have a lot of followers, Twitter is a powerful means of influence. With just one tweet from a few seconds of work I can send 1,000-2,000 people to an article.

Which is why I wouldn't blame someone like you from having one. With it you can promote yourself for pretty much free. Never in history has it been this easy to gain such an influence.

Reppin the Jersey Shore.

Quote: (04-28-2013 05:11 PM)JimNortonFan Wrote:  

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/t...tml?page=1

Lots of good points.

Uses the term twidiocracy.

Good article; better than I expected. Plus I found a new twitter handle to follow (@GSElevator , shit is hilarious)

The author's whining reminds me of
  • The threat books posed to oral traditions
  • The threat radio posed to books
  • The threat TV posed to radio
  • The threat the internet poses to radio and TV
Everytime a new mode of communication becomes popular the old guard complains about how the latest/greatest will ruin face-to-face interaction and how we're all becoming morons with short attention spans. I don't buy it.

Quote:Quote:

Posted by polymath - Today 06:24 PM
Discourse changes. Get used to it.

Damn I enjoyed that, a lot of truths in there, bet there will be some bitches shrieking about it

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos