rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Old Town Scottsdale Data Sheet

I just spent the past weekend in Scottsdale, Arizona. I was in the Old Town section which is home to the area's best nightlife.

For guys who like blonde American women (think Baywatch), this place may very well be as good as it gets in America. I saw some stellar talent during my stay (8s and 9s consistently). The girls were refreshingly friendly and receptive, especially towards black men. It was pretty surreal being in night venues and seeing elite blondes knowing the words to every Wale, Drake or Lil' Wayne song.

I was supposed to go with a homeboy but he backed out thinking AZ would be a wack move. So instead of staying from Friday night until Monday morning, I flew down on Friday night and left Sunday morning. By shortening the trip, I skipped the Grand Canyon which I wanted to make some time for checking out on Sunday but not alone.

So I did the trip dolo and pulled on my second night (Saturday). I believe I would have pulled on the very first night as well had I remembered the W Hotel and Mint, two spots I neglected to visit that night. Most of the girls in Scottsdale were in social circle or groups, but I still got lots of eye contact. This was a great trip and I definitely plan to return again this year with some friends.

Logistics

If you ever visit Scottsdale, you must stay in Old Town. If you're flying into Phoenix's Sky Harbor Airport, take a cab to your hotel/apartment in Old Town. Will run you about $30.

As for hotels, you have three good choices that I know of, The W, Marriott Suites, and Hotel Indigo. I personally stayed at the Marriott Suites but next time I return I will stay at the W.

All of these hotels are within walking distance to the major nightlife venues. For the W, you don't even need to leave the hotel. During the day time they have the best scene at their rooftop pool. That's where I kicked in on Saturday. At night, they have the best party in the city. That's where I pulled on Saturday night. As a guest you don't pay to party at the W. They also have a wicked gym for you to stay on top of your fitness game while on the road.

Restaurant Game

Scottsdale has a great restaurant scene. Brunch is a big part of it. There's three big brunch spots. Morning Squeeze, Daily Dos, and Breakfast Club. I went to Daily Dos which rivals some of my favorite Bay Area breakfast spots. There's chicks out during brunch so if you've got a team, this is a perfect setup for you guys to do your thing.

For nighttime or late night, I recommend Citizen Public House. (they have a late night menu). They have a bar where you can sit down and order food or drinks and tables as well. The bartenders here are sick with their craft. They are truly refined mixologists and are rated among some of the best in the country. Their signature cocktails are pretty legit. Great wine selection too. There's chicks here in pairs so if you like to run restaurant game, this is a great spot.

If you're looking for a good resto to just get a good meal and nothing else, Cowboy Ciao. One of the best rated restos in the area.

Venues

If I had a week in Scottsdale, I would probably run the town. On my first night, I pulled slick moves that had me bypass all lines and not pay covers. I'd do stuff like walk up to the bouncer and say I was inside a few minutes ago and now I'm back and they'd let me in. Or I'd simply make small talk and get their names and they would let me in. Everyone treated me well while I was there.

One thing to point out that's important is that last call is at 2am. I didn't learn of this until I got to Scottsdale which was a disappointment to say the least. I hate just getting started and then having to end the night abruptly. That said, Scottsdale is probably the best city I can think of with a 2am last call.

At any rate, here are my reviews of the different venues.

Giligans - Dive bar just a block away from Marriott Suites. Don't waste your time here. Groups come here to have some drinks before going out or, if they're really lame, spend the whole night here. Lots of guys and no attractive girls.

Firehouse - This is around the corner from Giligans. It's also the only after hours spot in Old Town. Hit or miss. Come here if you haven't pulled by last call. Hail mary option.

Red Revolver or Revolver - The bouncer at Radius told me I should check this out since Radius seemed dead from the door (which he honestly admitted to me). He said it's a hip-hop crowd with white chicks who dig the swirl (black men). I was kinda skeptical because that could mean a lot of things in terms of the type of chicks and crowd. I went anyway and bounced within two minutes and got my cover money back ha. It was only $10 but, shit, they should have paid me. It was a hood kinda crowd with people scoping out each other more than they were actually partying. Don't bother with this unless you're purposely trying to pick up rachet females.

Wild Knight - This looks like a nice venue but it's a trap. They deliberately place a bunch of hot looking girls in front of the door to entice you to enter. Just go to the patio to the left and see the people there. Most of them are lame so that's why I didn't go in. The music blasting out of there wasn't my type either.

Spanish Fly - Mexican beach style club similar to Coco Maya in Playa del Carmen. Ashamed that it was completely dead because the venue looks dope.

Barney's - Completely dead. You'll hear good music blasting out of here but nothing is going on inside.

El Hefe - This is an open air bar with lots of folks. It's not the spot for pickup though. There are some cute chicks but they are rolling in big groups with guys they already know.

Hifi - Opened two weeks ago. The most poppin bar right now in Scottsdale. Bad chicks in there for real so I recommend stopping by BUT the ratios are horrible and lots of the dudes in there are thirsty. The only reason I say it's still worth checking out (if you want variety) is that the bitches in there are hot. A big problem though is social circle and you still have some annoying bitches who just stay in their own little circle and pretend they aren't going out to get seduced by guys. The music in here is good though and it's an open air bar so you can see the talent from outside on the street. There was a long line here but I walked right up to the bouncer with supreme confidence and told him I was coming back as I left the spot a few mins ago. He didn't even ask questions and opened the velvet rope to slide me through.

Axis/Radius - One of the few dance clubs on this block but it was dead when I was there. There was no line and I name dropped the bouncer I saw earlier to go in and check it out for free but it was wack.

Mint - One of my boys who went to Scottsdale before told me to hit up this place. It's next to Hotel Indigo. I ended up going on Saturday. It's a nice venue with a fairer ratio but I ended up going to the W which blew this place out the water. I would only go to Mint if the W wasn't poppin, which I have a hard time seeing that being the case. I did approach a couple sets (one group being girls celebrating a bday party). It was looking like the kind of place I could get numbers and date girls from but I was looking for the ONS which I got at the W.

The W - In my opinion (and many other people in the know), this is the only place you need to go to in Old Town Scottsdale. I left Mint and got a stamp to return to check out the W. When I got to the W there was a line in the front of the hotel entrance which is separate from the entrance to the rooftop club which you arrive at after entering the hotel. Guests don't have to wait in lines for any of this. The bouncer told me to walk around the side to the table to get a wristband but the line for that was also slow so I went back around the corner to Mint to kill some time and return when the lines died down. I returned about 20 or so minutes later and there was no table. The bouncer at the door still let me in the hotel but the second bouncer asked for my wristband (which cost money). I could have talked him down but I could see where he was coming from because it seemed packed upstairs so I decided to just chill in the lobby bar seating area until I tried again.

The Perfect Wingman

Soon after I sat down in the W lobby bar, an older white guy sits in the chair in front of me with a drink in his hand and reaches over to dap me up. I saw he had a wristband and I told him how I just got there and wanted to go upstairs. He said "don't worry, I run this place, we'll go in a little bit." He immediately told me he was a West Point grad c/o '96, QB of the football team, and that his 21 y/o girlfriend who is a cheerleader for the Cardinals was upstairs and getting on his nerves so he needed a break. He said he was 39 years old and had his own financial advisory firm after working for Merrill Lynch. He was clearly drunk by telling me all this random shit about his life story for no obvious reason. He then said that I would be a good wingman for him and told me to come to the bar so he can buy me a drink. Throughout the night he would give the same life story to chicks and introduce me as his boy from DC. He told me order whatever and then approached a four set sitting down near the bar. I quickly joined him and talked to the cutest one. The dude was such a shitshow and amazing entertainment value that I didn't have to do much. Girls were really enjoying the balancing act of his crazy antics and my smooth and calm demeanor. He then bought all four chicks drinks, pulling out a fat knot of 20s and 50s from his pocket. The girl I was talking to was so cute that I was ready to take her back to my hotel and call it a night. She was feeling me but not the ONS type she said. After some time passed and I thought dude was so drunk he forgot about taking me to the rooftop club, but then randomly asked if I was ready to go. I said let's do it.

He told the bouncer I was there with him and dude didn't say shit. We get upstairs and I told him I'd buy him a drink to return the favor. He tells me his drink and I hand it to him. He sees I don't have a drink for myself and says wtf. He then throws a $20 bill at the bartender and yells "get this man a Jack and Ginger NOW. Keep the change!" Dude was really trying make a show up there. Everyone seemed amused by his energy, even security. He then opened a cute 2-set and I immediately walk up to one of them. She's feeling up on my body and I'm pretty drunk by this point so I go for the makeout pretty fast and she backs away. I turn around to pick up my drink and I see her and her friend leave the area. The wingman is just acting a fool and tells me we're getting badder bitches than those tonight.

I decide to walk around to see what else is up there and then notice the two girls he opened sitting down on one of the sofas. I walk over to sit next to them and said " So I see I scared yall away." The girl who backed away when I tried to kiss her was like "nah, I just don't kiss guys I just met." We keep sipping and talking and I pull out my phone to show them pics of my hotel. I talked about how close it was to the W, like a 10 minute walk. I then told the chick that she's coming back with me. She was like how she doesn't do that. I realized my drink was kinda strong so I offered some to her to sip on but with ulterior motives. She takes some big sips and then I mentioned that we should leave soon. She offered her number but said she can't come back. That's when I realized it was a lost cause but I also noticed her friend, who was just as cute, looking at me with thirst in her eyes. So then I asked her friend, right in front of the one who shot me down, if she'll come back with me instead [Image: smile.gif] They laughed and the second friend responded by saying "classy" in a sarcastic tone. Then she said how I was bold but that she liked it. I then brought up some DHV stories about all my travels this year and it turned out she was Jewish and had lived in Israel. It was surprising because she didn't look Jewish to me at all. I mentioned my time in Israel and the places I went. She lived in one of the obscure cities I visited, Netanya. Needless to say this anecdote went a long way in establishing rapport and building her attraction to me.

She then said lets get some drinks and we go over to the bar. One the way there I see her and her friend whispering to each other. While the new friend went to the bar, the one that shot me down said that her friend thought I was cute and was down to chill with me tonight. I was like word. So then the friend comes back with the drinks and I said to her "I hear you're feeling me. She replies, "maybe" and lets out a big smile. I told her to come back to the Marriott with me. She said she has to take her friend and some other guy they came with to her house where they left their cars (she drove). Afterwards, she would come to my hotel which is 10 minutes from her crib. I said cool and we exchanged contact info.

I went back to find the wingman and I see him near the bar entertaining a crowd of people with his dance floor skills. He was dancing with two chicks lol. I walk over and he daps me up again. A dude walks to me and asks, "Is that your boy?" I'm like "yeah." He said that mf is crazy! I was like he def is.

I talk to a couple of bad chicks seeing if I can "upgrade" but just danced and conversed. I wasn't trying to number close since it was my last night and I had a 5am flight.

So 2am rolls around and the girl calls me asking if I can take a cab to her place instead. I'm like whatever. Text me the address. I take the cab over to her spot and her two friends are inside drinking and eating. I was wondering why she called me over if they were there. I figured she would be too self-conscious to have sex while they were in the house. Turns out they were her friends for a long ass time and no one gave a fuck. She pours me a drink and we just sit in the kitchen talking for a bit. I ask for a "tour" and a few minutes later motion her to the room and we made it happen. She gave me a ride back to my hotel but said the airport was too far at this time of night. It was like 3am. I quickly packed and jumped in a cab to the airport to fly out at 5am!

This was the first time I can recall hollering at a chick's friend right in front of the main chick after being shot down and it actually leading to a SNL.

Day Game

Saturday was a chill day for me. I did brunch and then hit up Fashion Square - the major shopping mall in Scottsdale - for day game. I didn't see any stunners and it was kind of slow but aside from brunch, FS and the W rooftop pool are really the only spots where you have a chance to see something during the day.

The W Hotel pool was chill. I kicked back in a cabana and sipped on some merlot. Some real estate developer/MBA cat was in the cabana next to me and we chopped it up for a bit. He schooled me a lot on the local scene and I saw him later at the W party that night with a bad chick. I recommend running pool game if you go out there with a team. I didn't see nothing too special but a couple cute hostesses I was flirting with. I just chilled and preserved my energy for the nighttime scene.

Conclusion
So all in all, it was a great weekend. I partied good and ate good. Scottsdale has a high concentration of talent. Also, ASU is like 10 mins down the street. Historically the no. 1 party school in the nation. 70,000 students and lots of hot chicks, most of whom are showing lots of skin. Girls in AZ are known for getting it in. I didn't even party on Mill Avenue which is the major party scene for the university but I may make some time for it on my return visit.

Nice sheet.

Yeah, that crazy cat sounds like a lot of cats I know, being a "bully with the bucks" and all.

The 2am thing has always made me not interested in AZ, I have always figured if I am going to the desert, it's going to be Las Vegas.

But I do know for a fact that the guys in AZ come real weak, like FEMA during Katrina.

I have a long history of decapitating and taking the chain saw to those guys on the Wessyde. Everyone on the Wessyde does.

There girls aren't bad though, so there is some "arbitrage" going down in AZ.

I also heard the Gentleman's clubs are real solid. I have heard on par with Vegas (which I will have to see to believe). Minus the 2am thing of course.

AZ seems like a fun place to stomp on and put out like a cigarette though.

Speaking of cigarettes, you can still smoke in bars there right?

Also, what were the cost of cocktails? $8-10? $10-12 $15? Or Miami Beach prices ie $20?

I've long been telling guys to hit up that area.

Awesome data sheet. "That is how it's done."

I was in Scottsdale a number of years ago when I had little clue about how the world works and I remember telling myself that I needed to get back there at some point.

I'm surprised Scottsdale/Phienix doesn't get much more love here. Great food, friendly women, perfect weather, and little need for a car in the old town. Well done HC.

Quote: (04-22-2013 08:25 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

The 2am thing has always made me not interested in AZ, I have always figured if I am going to the desert, it's going to be Las Vegas.
That's exactly what my boy who backed out said.

Speaking of cigarettes, you can still smoke in bars there right?
Yeah the crazy wingman was smoking on the W rooftop. I think on patios it's fine. Anywhere there's outdoor exposure, I think. I'm also pretty sure I saw dudes lighting up cigars on the patio at Mint. But these were those "Arabian princes" who may just roll however they want.

Also, what were the cost of cocktails? $8-10? $10-12 $15? Or Miami Beach prices ie $20?

$10 for a mixed cocktail at the W. Scottsdale is value for what you get IMO.

Great data. Yeah, Old Town Scottsdale is definitely one of the top spots in the US. Highest per capita talent in the nation in my opinion, and fairly easy to pull. One venue that was overlooked is American Junkie--especially on a Wednesday night. On Sundays, Martini Ranch is the place to be. If you're in the area on a Thursday night when ASU is in session, go to Mill Ave, places like Canteen or Robbie Foxes. (Mondays would be Zuma, Tuesdays at Cue Club)

Here's a site with data on what's going on too:

https://www.facebook.com/ScottsdaleNightsAZ

+1 for solo dolo game.

Quote: (04-22-2013 11:33 PM)jasond Wrote:  

Great data. Yeah, Old Town Scottsdale is definitely one of the top spots in the US. Highest per capita talent in the nation in my opinion, and fairly easy to pull. One venue that was overlooked is American Junkie--especially on a Wednesday night. On Sundays, Martini Ranch is the place to be. If you're in the area on a Thursday night when ASU is in session, go to Mill Ave, places like Canteen or Robbie Foxes. (Mondays would be Zuma, Tuesdays at Cue Club)

I passed by American Junkie. Is it a saloon style bar? I think they were playing country and old rock. Definitely wasn't my scene.

Hencredible, did you step to a place called "Ruby (or something similar)?" I was in Scottsdale about three years ago and remember it being the best place I went to in Scottsdale on the random Saturday I was there.

Quote: (04-23-2013 01:45 PM)Pacesetter20 Wrote:  

Hencredible, did you step to a place called "Ruby (or something similar)?" I was in Scottsdale about three years ago and remember it being the best place I went to in Scottsdale on the random Saturday I was there.

Don't think so. Venues may have changed though since three years is a long time ago in the nightlife world.

Quote: (04-23-2013 01:28 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

I passed by American Junkie. Is it a saloon style bar? I think they were playing country and old rock. Definitely wasn't my scene.

I think the saloon style bar you may have seen is called "The Lodge." American Junkie is near Spanish Fly. They're the hot spot on Wednesdays. I haven't been there since late last year--but it seemed like a typical bar/outdoor patio/dance floor playing hip-hop, etc.

Quote: (04-23-2013 03:31 PM)jasond Wrote:  

I think the saloon style bar you may have seen is called "The Lodge." American Junkie is near Spanish Fly. They're the hot spot on Wednesdays. I haven't been there since late last year--but it seemed like a typical bar/outdoor patio/dance floor playing hip-hop, etc.

Ok yeah. I've been to AJ then. It's a nice venue just like Spanish Fly but it was completely dead that night. They are both on a very quiet street.

Nice sheet. I think AZ/Phoenix area is very under rated in terms of women. Lots of hotties out there.

I was just in Scottsdale in March and the girls are without a doubt the best in Arizona. At a close second is Tempe and the areas around ASU.

Unfortunately outside of Scottsdale and Tempe, Arizona is really weak.

Quote: (04-23-2013 09:46 PM)username Wrote:  

I was just in Scottsdale in March and the girls are without a doubt the best in Arizona. At a close second is Tempe and the areas around ASU.

Unfortunately outside of Scottsdale and Tempe, Arizona is really weak.

So I've heard. Even Tucson reportedly sucks which is kinda surprising with the University of Arizona being there.

Any major events to visit during? Any big college concerts?

Quote: (04-23-2013 03:54 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (04-23-2013 03:31 PM)jasond Wrote:  

Ok yeah. I've been to AJ then. It's a nice venue just like Spanish Fly but it was completely dead that night. They are both on a very quiet street.

Dude send me a message the next time you are in town.

This report is solid loved the details you pretty thorough

Lol @ the wingman though that's whats up

I gotta buddy who use to be in the air force he always tells me "When you out of town you can be bold and pull stunts you usually wouldn't pull at home" that move with hollering at her friend was gold

Awesome report. I am planning to move to the Phoenix area soon, glad to hear the girls seem pretty open. I partied there a few years ago for a couple of days and was impressed by the talent for sure.

The problem with Scottsdale is I found daygame options to be virtually non-existent.

The big indoor shopping mall seemed to be the only place, but hardly saw any talent there.

Perhaps south of old town, near the university could be good. But I'm not sure there's a decent sized indoor mall down there. Plus the outdoor heat is too oppressive most months.

But Fri & Sat night, the nightlife pops off indeed.

For daygame, Tempe is really good.

Try Tempe Marketplace (especially the Target store). Also the Safeway grocery store is famous for being a pickup spot (nicknamed "Sexy safeway"). Mill Avenue is great for street daygame too.

Quote: (12-29-2013 04:41 PM)jasond Wrote:  

Try Tempe Marketplace (especially the Target store). Also the Safeway grocery store is famous for being a pickup spot (nicknamed "Sexy safeway"). Mill Avenue is great for street daygame too.

Do you think posting up in Tempe as opposed to Scottsdale is worthwhile or too risky? I saw an Aloft hotel in Tempe that looks cool. Are there good "returns" staying around Mill Ave as opposed to OTS?

One of the best ongoing events for gaming that I know of. This is especially fun around spring break, when there are a lot of tourists in from out of town, and the warm spring air brings an electricity that makes people want to fuck.

Quote: (12-29-2013 09:08 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (12-29-2013 04:41 PM)jasond Wrote:  

Do you think posting up in Tempe as opposed to Scottsdale is worthwhile or too risky? I saw an Aloft hotel in Tempe that looks cool. Are there good "returns" staying around Mill Ave as opposed to OTS?

I would pick the Courtyard Marriott in Tempe...the Aloft is a little far from Mill Avenue.

As for Tempe vs Scottsdale, girls in Scottsdale are way hotter, but the nightlife is generally only one venue per night during the week (Sun-Thurs). Tempe has students going out all the time. Thursday night is really good in Tempe...Robbie Fox, Cue Club, Canteen, Firehouse.

It might be good to stay in Tempe during the week, but I would choose Old Town Scottsdale if I could only pick one place. The two cities are actually really close, maybe a 15 minute drive, and people bounce back and forth. It's not like LA where bad traffic limits you.

There's also a big party bus (free) that picks up in Tempe Mill Ave many nights, that takes students to Scottsdale. If you can get onto this bus, you are gold. Meet girls on the bus, party with them, and then the bus drops off the drunk girls back in front of your hotel at 2:30am. Sometimes info is posted here: https://www.facebook.com/ScottsdaleNightsAZ

Quote: (12-29-2013 11:43 PM)jasond Wrote:  

I would pick the Courtyard Marriott in Tempe...the Aloft is a little far from Mill Avenue.

As for Tempe vs Scottsdale, girls in Scottsdale are way hotter, but the nightlife is generally only one venue per night during the week (Sun-Thurs). Tempe has students going out all the time. Thursday night is really good in Tempe...Robbie Fox, Cue Club, Canteen, Firehouse.

It might be good to stay in Tempe during the week, but I would choose Old Town Scottsdale if I could only pick one place. The two cities are actually really close, maybe a 15 minute drive, and people bounce back and forth. It's not like LA where bad traffic limits you.

There's also a big party bus (free) that picks up in Tempe Mill Ave many nights, that takes students to Scottsdale. If you can get onto this bus, you are gold. Meet girls on the bus, party with them, and then the bus drops off the drunk girls back in front of your hotel at 2:30am. Sometimes info is posted here: https://www.facebook.com/ScottsdaleNightsAZ

Canteen and Robbie Fox got bought out by the guy who owns El Jefe. Both are going to become El Jefe and Whiskey Row soon, so that's going to change Mill a bit. I have a lot more to say about Mill, but I will say this for now, Moonshine is THE place to go. It's a country bar, but chicks go there specifically to meet men.

The party buses are crazy. My friends would take the American Junkie party bus to Old Town every Wednesday last semester and they were telling me how people drink straight out of vodka bottles and do coke in the bathroom.

Also, jason are you in the Tempe/Scottsdale area?