rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Good Samiritan runs after bank robbers

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/0..._bank.html

I think I would pass on risking my life for a billion dollar corporation..
to each his own I guess...

I'm with you on that. I wouldn't do a thing.

What a fucking idiot.

[Image: attachment.jpg11305]   

Darwin award winner

On one hand we can chastise him for risking his life for somebody else's money. At the same time, I think we live in a society where people feel helpless and are afraid to be the first to do anything. We rather rely on the government to make us feel protected. If everybody was like that guy, there'd hardly be any crime. It's like after 9/11, hijackers know that there is no way in hell people will stay in their seats and not fight back, so planes aren't hijacked anymore. They have to resort to stuffing plastic explosives in their underwear. If criminals knew that anytime they tried to pull some stunt that they'd face instant mob justice, they'd never do this kind of shit. Say what you want about the guy, but he clearly doesn't let fear rule him and can tell a guy with a gun to basically go fuck himself, and to me that's alpha as fuck.

So my hats off to the guy for taking a stance against crime. I wish there were 100 million more like him.

Quote: (04-21-2013 11:35 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

On one hand we can chastise him for risking his life for somebody else's money. At the same time, I think we live in a society where people feel helpless and are afraid to be the first to do anything. We rather rely on the government to make us feel protected. If everybody was like that guy, there'd hardly be any crime. It's like after 9/11, hijackers know that there is no way in hell people will stay in their seats and not fight back, so planes aren't hijacked anymore. They have to resort to stuffing plastic explosives in their underwear. If criminals knew that anytime they tried to pull some stunt that they'd face instant mob justice, they'd never do this kind of shit. Say what you want about the guy, but he clearly doesn't let fear rule him and can tell a guy with a gun to basically go fuck himself, and to me that's alpha as fuck.

So my hats off to the guy for taking a stance against crime. I wish there were 100 million more like him.

Agreed. It's prisoner's dilemma: If everyone reacted like this all the time everyone would be better off. But being the sole guy to fight back in a given instance could be suicidal.

The intersection of the Venn diagram between Alpha as Fuck and Stupid as Fuck is very thick.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (04-21-2013 11:43 PM)Kabal Wrote:  

The intersection of the Venn diagram between Alpha as Fuck and Stupid as Fuck is very thick.

"We all want to live. And in large part we make our logic according to what we like. But not having attained our aim and continuing to live is cowardice. This is a thin dangerous line. To die without gaining one's aim is a dog's death and fanaticism. But there is no shame in this. This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai. If by setting one's heart right every morning and evening, one is able to live as though his body were already dead, he pains freedom in the Way. His whole life will be without blame, and he will succeed in his calling." - Hagakure (my italics)

We all have to die. But we can choose how we die. And I see nothing wrong with a man deciding that he has no problem dying, that he'd rather take on two guys in a gun fight and see if he can live to tell the tale or die trying.

Good on him, and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Quote: (04-21-2013 11:43 PM)Kabal Wrote:  

Quote: (04-21-2013 11:35 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Agreed. It's prisoner's dilemma: If everyone reacted like this all the time everyone would be better off. But being the sole guy to fight back in a given instance could be suicidal.

They mostly overlap.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/st...earch.html

The video can be found here.

Dude has kahunas. He reacted on instinct.

Using logic, he has nothing to gain. The likelihood he is going to disarm 2 thugs with guns and present them to police is zilch. Now he is recovering in hospital along with a bank teller.

Apparently 40% of toronto cops make six figures...I would be happy to let the boys in blue solve this one themselves. I wouldn't get my own hands dirty.

No no no!!! You guys have it all wrong. He acted like a White Knight to impress the busty little bank teller he had his eye on.

Sadly, she was last seen running off with the bankrobbers, cackling like a hen in heat.

Banks would rather you let the thief get away. Bills could be marked plus whatever loss the bank incurs they'll get back from insurance.

That guy paid the price for trying to be a hero.

Reppin the Jersey Shore.

I am not against guys white knighting against a criminal or in any accidents. (collision, fire, flood, hurricane etc)
It's just true that guys are more willing to sacrifice if it's a young woman or kids.

However, I am disgusted by guys who try to back up some chick at a bar without knowing the whole story.

Quote: (04-22-2013 09:20 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

No no no!!! You guys have it all wrong. He acted like a White Knight to impress the busty little bank teller he had his eye on.

Sadly, she was last seen running off with the bankrobbers, cackling like a hen in heat.

Quote: (04-22-2013 09:21 PM)NYJ Wrote:  

Banks would rather you let the thief get away. Bills could be marked plus whatever loss the bank incurs they'll get back from insurance.

That guy paid the price for trying to be a hero.

One can argue that the price for being a hero will always be disproportionally higher than the reward.

If you're not taking a massive physical risk, then you're not doing anything heroic.

I don't see why anyone would want to criticise someone who is willing to take such a massive substantial risk on his shoulders. We all have to die anyway. If a man wants to go down in a blaze of glory, there is no shame in that. There's no logic in it, but life is inherently absurd.

"Better to die with honour than to live in disgrace" - Sa'di

Banks rather ROB you.

What the fuck, I hate idiots like this thinking their being upstanding citizens in the face of the perhaps the greatest, most devious heist of all time: multinational banks robbing the people, the government, and Main Street businesses.

This guy's a brainwashed nincompoop. What's worse is this guy is a roofer, the kind of blue collar worker that corporate banks SHIT ON THE MOST. Probably never graduated high school.

Quote: (04-22-2013 11:54 PM)guerrilla Wrote:  

Banks rather ROB you.

What the fuck, I hate idiots like this thinking their being upstanding citizens in the face of the perhaps the greatest, most devious heist of all time: multinational banks robbing the people, the government, and Main Street businesses.

This guy's a brainwashed nincompoop. What's worse is this guy is a roofer, the kind of blue collar worker that corporate banks SHIT ON THE MOST. Probably never graduated high school.

I suppose you dont have a bank account, nor uses any bank service...
Let's all keep our many many monies under the mattress!

This guy might not have given a shit whether it was a bank of not. Maybe he'd have done the same thing if it was some old lady being robbed on the street. Some people are just fed up with crime and criminals and refuse to back down to them. Maybe he had the same mentality as those on flight 93 that fought back the hijackers and foiled their plot of crashing into the white house. I'm glad there are some people like this.

Quote: (04-23-2013 12:17 AM)pobreinvestidor Wrote:  

Quote: (04-22-2013 11:54 PM)guerrilla Wrote:  

Banks rather ROB you.

I suppose you dont have a bank account, nor uses any bank service...
Let's all keep our many many monies under the mattress!

until theres a better solution, i use banks. this is unfortunately in most options in almost everything: only poor options exist!

How many have you guys on this thread ran into a hail of bullets? This is the forum's official chicken hawk thread. Very red pill to the extreme.

White knighting now encompasses doing anything brave. George Washington was blue pill for going to war and not staying home to fuck lonely wives. Goddam this is embarrasing.

So when I stopped 2 16 year old kids armed with a knife raping a 35 year old woman (who I had no interest in) a few years back, was that white knighting?

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (04-23-2013 04:23 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

So when I stopped 2 16 year old kids armed with a knife raping a 35 year old woman (who I had no interest in) a few years back, was that white knighting?

Yes. Same as eating pussy.

Quote: (04-23-2013 04:26 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

damn, I should hand in my red pill membership.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (04-23-2013 04:26 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

And kissing.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Heroism is to be applauded but running unarmed after 2 bank robbers have already fled and are no longer a threat to the people in the bank just seems foolish. What's the point? At that stage you aren't protecting anyone or anything but the bank's money. And it sounds like his earlier wrestling with a thief got a woman shot.

My dad got shot during a robbery a few years before I was born. A guy held up a gas station with my mom (detention officer), dad, and a woman with a newborn inside. Neither of my parents had any intention of getting involved until the would be robber pointed his gun at the baby, at which point my dad tried to snatch the gun away and got his pinky blown off in the process. My mom proceeded to ignore her husband being shot, get the mother and baby out of the store, then go back in and beat the shit out of now-horrified-cuz-he-actually-shot-someone-would-be-criminal.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth