rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Forum Reminder: Use the Search Feature Before Posting a New Thread

This goes out mostly to newbies, but there are also several senior-level habitual offenders.

[Image: attachment.jpg11188]   
(Not singling out jariel, just using the first example that came to mind.)

If you're going to post a new thread--especially if it's a news article or current event--take the extra few seconds to do a keyword search in the one of the forum search features.

It's really a simple process and keeps the forum running smoothly.

Step 1: Pick a search feature. I like Google's, but they're both effective.

[Image: attachment.jpg11185]   

Step 2: Type in a few relevant keywords to your thread. If it's a news article, a name or location will do.

[Image: attachment.jpg11186]   

Step 3: Check some of the thread titles that look relevant to yours to see if your subject has been covered. If it has, bump the thread. If it hasn't, proceed to make a new thread. Bonus: if a thread is just relevant to yours, but isn't exactly what you're going for, it's nice to reference it in your new thread.

[Image: attachment.jpg11187]   

Dupes are going to happen--it's inevitable--but this simple step will reduce a forum nuisance and foster good favor with your fellow forum members.

That is all.

[Image: qUjO1sD.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Good reminder. Also I think double posting may be due to browser incompatibilities (older versions of Firefox).

Also, if you see a dupe, reply with a link to the original thread. Once we see your reply, we can quickly lock the thread up.

Quote: (04-26-2013 05:53 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Also, if you see a dupe, reply with a link to the original thread. Once we see your reply, we can quickly lock the thread up.

Should we report dupes as well, or just post the relevant link?

Yeah go ahead and report it too.

Bumping this thread because I'm noticing an increase in the number of dupe threads. (Example)

Note: Be especially sure to use the search feature (and look around) if you're posting an article. Chance are--especially if it's more than a day or two old--someone already beat you to it.

Bump.

I have a theory - if you think up of a topic, any topic, it is likely to already have been discussed in the Rooshvforum.

So if you're contemplating starting a new thread...
[Image: picgifs-indiana-jones-1667336.gif]

Use the search function and bump up the old threadz, rather than starting new ones.

Then instead of the mods locking up your thread because it is the seventeenth RooshV forum thread on topic x...
[Image: indy-hat-grab-o.gif]

You'll instead have senior members giving you mad props for digging up the wisdom buried in this forum...
[Image: DUqDHmV.gif]

So, don't be a noob...
[Image: IJ_rockroll-cropped.gif]
Be a raider, a Raider of the Lost Archives.

Quote: (09-24-2015 05:24 AM)Thomas the Rhymer Wrote:  

Bump.

I have a theory - if you think up of a topic, any topic, it is likely to already have been discussed in the Rooshvforum.

So if you're contemplating starting a new thread...
[Image: picgifs-indiana-jones-1667336.gif]

Use the search function and bump up the old threadz, rather than starting new ones.

Then instead of the mods locking up your thread because it is the seventeenth RooshV forum thread on topic x...
[Image: indy-hat-grab-o.gif]

You'll instead have senior members giving you mad props for digging up the wisdom buried in this forum...
[Image: DUqDHmV.gif]

So, don't be a noob...
[Image: IJ_rockroll-cropped.gif]
Be a raider, a Raider of the Lost Archives.

This post is very elite.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Its easier to search when people don't title threads things like "Pill popping porker prevents pregnancy" or "Small Samoan summons strength starting smoking sugar"

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

In defense of the users who post multiple threads, other forums actively discourage re-posting in older threads. We do things a bit differently.

Regardless, I prefer it this way as it keeps things cleaner.

If it wasn't for my deeply held respect for Roosh, Tuth and their policies here, I'd get all meta by starting a dupe of this thread.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (09-24-2015 05:32 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Its easier to search when people don't title threads things like "Pill popping porker prevents pregnancy" or "Small Samoan summons strength starting smoking sugar"

Agreed. The cutesy alliterative titles had some charm in the hands of Steve McMahon (where is that bloke by the way?) but they should not be abused by imitators.

same old shit, sixes and sevens Shaft...

Didn't Tuth dupe himself recently?

Quote: (09-24-2015 11:25 AM)Foolsgo1d Wrote:  

Didn't Tuth dupe finally dupe himself recently?

Fixed.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Is there any way to easily search within a thread?

I don't want to dupe post in the Vegas shooting thread, but it's a real PIA to somehow figure out whether a topic has already been discussed in 50+ pages.

"I'm not worried about fucking terrorism, man. I was married for two fucking years. What are they going to do, scare me?"

Quote: (10-08-2017 06:45 AM)not_dead_yet Wrote:  

I don't want to dupe post in the Vegas shooting thread, but it's a real PIA to somehow figure out whether a topic has already been discussed in 50+ pages.

Yes. Go to the last post of the thread. Underneath it to the right is a Search Thread box, right above the New Reply button.

Quote: (10-08-2017 11:16 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Yes. Go to the last post of the thread. Underneath it to the right is a Search Thread box, right above the New Reply button.

CAVEAT: If you're in a regular desktop/laptop browser. If you're on a tablet or mobile device you may not see this unless you force it to load a desktop-style version of the forum.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

Quote: (10-08-2017 11:16 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Thanks, Roosh. I appreciate it.

"I'm not worried about fucking terrorism, man. I was married for two fucking years. What are they going to do, scare me?"