rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hitting a lull in a foreign country

I don't want to say I am depressed because I'm not. Complacent is a better word.

I have been living in a Scandinavian country for over a year now. I have enjoyed so many aspects of experiencing a new culture, learning the language, meeting women, etc...

Honestly, sometimes I just get fed up and frustrated with the drastic differences of culture.

I think my specific region where I am located beats people down in terms of quality and level of social interaction. People tend to keep their head down and avoid social interaction as much as possible. Especially in the winter...

Can anyone guess where I am yet?

Even as an outgoing person I find it tough to continually battle this social barrier.

Surely some of you have experienced similar things when living abroad.

So fellas:

How do you keep things fresh in a foreign country?

How do you continually stay motivated (work/women) when social pressure works totally against you?

OR...

Should I take this as a sign that it is time to re-locate?

I experience it quite regularly these days. I put in 80% for 20% return. I burn out about once or twice a month and have to tell myself why I am doing this in the first place. Living abroad is much tougher than living in the motherland... but we all have out reasons to do what we do. Whilst it is a slog for the most part our lives are far richer because of it.
For me personally all I know right now is I need a different approach to the travel lifestyle. I used to do hostels and travel for fun. Then I became income independent and rented apartments and spent expended periods of time in one place (but got frequently bored after a month). Now I feel like I am just repeating the same pattern over and over again with no real gain anymore. I don't really enjoy nightclubs these days and having to approach women in order to have any kind of sex life just somehow feels a bit lame to me now.
Any ideas what the next level of love, sex and travel is?

This happened to me quite often when I lived in Colombia. Usually I'd come back to the states for a few weeks until I'd get fed up with the disgusting fatties then want to immediately return south.

It gets cumbersome dealing with a foreign culture some times. In Colombia I would get so frustrated sometimes I'd want to scream. Connecting internet to your apartment = 5 week adventure. Ordering a cheeseburger without onions = take whatever you get, always a gamble. It was always little things, but just dealing with it day in and day out will wear you out sometimes.

Take a break and go home for a while. Visit your old friends and family. That an option?

Quote: (04-16-2013 02:22 PM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

This happened to me quite often when I lived in Colombia. Usually I'd come back to the states for a few weeks until I'd get fed up with the disgusting fatties then want to immediately return south.

It gets cumbersome dealing with a foreign culture some times. In Colombia I would get so frustrated sometimes I'd want to scream. Connecting internet to your apartment = 5 week adventure. Ordering a cheeseburger without onions = take whatever you get, always a gamble. It was always little things, but just dealing with it day in and day out will wear you out sometimes.

Take a break and go home for a while. Visit your old friends and family. That an option?

Hey bud, you're absolutely right. A visit back home always makes you realize how good you have it and give you that rush of energy and swagger when you move back.

But, I have a few other places I am looking to hit up before going back home to the US.

So something I have been mulling over and giving some thought is:

Social Circle 2.0

Tired of the same old bullshit that exists in your life?

Well in my eyes, that's not going to change for me unless I change something.

So instead of retreating back home I am planning on completely changing my social circle by:

Integrating into radically different social groups

*Changing up your extra curriculars
*Change up the work-place
*Volunteer somewhere on the side
*Join a hobby group that interests you
*Start frequenting different night club venues to meet different crowds
*Join a fetish organisation

I feel like "RE INVENTION" is a very overlooked concept. Every single person can re-invent themselves with a snap of the fingers.

I am going to try and do this and see how it affects my life.

Quote: (04-16-2013 02:14 PM)gadabout Wrote:  

I experience it quite regularly these days. I put in 80% for 20% return. I burn out about once or twice a month and have to tell myself why I am doing this in the first place. Living abroad is much tougher than living in the motherland... but we all have out reasons to do what we do. Whilst it is a slog for the most part our lives are far richer because of it.
For me personally all I know right now is I need a different approach to the travel lifestyle. I used to do hostels and travel for fun. Then I became income independent and rented apartments and spent expended periods of time in one place (but got frequently bored after a month). Now I feel like I am just repeating the same pattern over and over again with no real gain anymore. I don't really enjoy nightclubs these days and having to approach women in order to have any kind of sex life just somehow feels a bit lame to me now.
Any ideas what the next level of love, sex and travel is?

Hum, I see what you mean.

If there is one thing I hate it is definitely boring, mundane routine.

But as for approaching. I find it absolutely thrilling. It is always a rush and especially when you get to try it on different cultures when you travel as frequently as you do.

Perhaps you need to flirt with some more approach styles to keep the excitement going. Going super direct versus super indirect.

But I think I have an answer for your problem of lack of substance in these locations you are travelling. It sort of relates to my previous post about building a social circle...

Additionally you might find this other thread on building a social circle helpful: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-22431....=entourage

Essentially, if you become "the man" in your social circle then you will have huge status and girls clamouring all over you.

Perhaps this will give you the boost you are looking for.

Wise words and I do know all this already. Too many options will drive a man insane. I think I'd be better off working down the mines if I didn't know any better. I guess I am just subconsciously skipping around so I know when I settle somewhere that I am sure it is the right place... and ofcourse trying to have a bit of fun along the way.