rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Improve my Excel 2010 skills

Hi guys, what is the top book on amazon, ebook, website or whatever to really improve my Excel 2010 skills and become an expert?

Excel skills are super high in demand in the corporate world, next to Visio, Access, word and Powerpoint.

Thanks

Quote: (04-15-2013 03:52 PM)metalhaze Wrote:  

Hi guys, what is the top book on amazon

You can go to Amazon.Com and read the reviews?

http://thepiratebay.se/search/Excel/0/7/600

Free™ resource called Excel Exposure, University of Reddit course has video tutorials ordered by degree of difficulty and an Excel workbook accompaniment.

It helped me because I could follow along and playback parts of the videos where I was stuck and drill concepts and techniques, all the while experimenting and actively learning how to be creative.

Keyword: Free™.

This guy is very informative, I learned lookup functions using his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/rdjalayer?feature=watch

I've learned through lynda.com videos that can also be found free...

1. Start with Walkenbach's books.
2. Move on to Mr. Excel's (Bill Jelen) books.
3. Get advanced certified by Microsoft.
4. Then start learning VBA and get certified by VBA Express.
5. Then learn the object model for VBA and how to create simple classes and user forms.
6. Try to move onto Python and C#(C# contains a lot of ability to manipulate excel).

Is this free? No, but it's really cheap. This is pretty much what I do for a living right now. I'm on the last stage.

Thanks guys,
Hi beta plus, am already in the corporate world but on the business side. is it worth it to get to point 6 , even to point 3 ?

Quote: (04-16-2013 06:13 PM)metalhaze Wrote:  

Thanks guys,
Hi beta plus, am already in the corporate world but on the business side. is it worth it to get to point 6 , even to point 3 ?

Yes. Excel has a bad habit of tricking people into thinking that it is easy to use and "can do everything". It can't (not Microsoft's fault in this case - I actually think that they did a great job). You can easily get dumped with nightmare workbooks that are impossible to decipher. These steps can save you an enormous amount of heart ache.

Also buy "Excel Best Practices" and "Escape from Excel Hell".