rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Softer Approach

A Softer Approach

Also know as "The Fragmented Approach".

Let me try to explain this..

I recently went out day gaming with a new forum member. We went to a Whole Foods.

I saw a cute girl walking towards us. Blond, thin, well dressed, striped pants.

She got close, She was walking past us, I reached out and tapped her on the arm.

"Ooooo, nice pants, those are hot""

She slowed down almost to a complete stop because I grabbed her arm.

"Thank you", she said.

I looked her up and down. I gave her a little seductive look. She smiled. I smiled. We walked our separate ways.

The other forum member said -- "Gio, she liked you, you grabbed her and she liked it".

"Yup, did you see that?", I replied.

"Why don't you get her number?" he said.

"The situation didn't allow it, I will talk to her again"

The forum member looked confused. He thought I lost my chance with this girl. The opener went well, but I let her walk away.

"I will see her again and re-engage her", I told him.

A few minutes later we are at the food bar. Guess who comes walking right over to us? The blond.

I pretended I didn't see her. I was actually already talking to another thin blond.

She walked right up to me..

"Whats for lunch" she said.

"You read my mind, are you psychic?", I replied.

"yes I am"

"me too"

"haha"

"haha"

"I think I'm gonna start with some brown rice and veges", I said.

"oh you are healthy"

"ya, kind of, but sometimes I just eat whatever, don't let me influence you, just get what you want, don't be healthy"

"ok, i won't, i'm actually eating light because I drank too much last night"

"oh shit, i thought i smelled booze on you"

"shut up, did you really?

"no, just playin"

I play it aloof and I start to walk around to the other side of the food bar. She quickly gets her food.

I say, "this salad look good".

She says, "I know I got some"

I just laugh and make eye contact with her. The other forum member and I are still getting food. She walks away.

"Gio, are you going to give up on her", he says.

"no, watch this"

I go up to the front and she is standing in line. I go up to her with a smile.

"hey enjoy your lunch"

"thanks", she says.

I say, "your welcome, listen, i know this is random but put your number in my phone, I want to call you later and flirt with you"

"oh my god, you are so funny", she says.

"i just want to see how our chemistry is"

"I'm flattered but I'm engaged"

She shows me the ring. I say goodbye and I eject. It was a fail but a lesson was learned.

The forum member said -- "Gio, I have never heard you discuss this on the forum, you broke up the approach into 3 parts"

I replied --"Yes, the first contact was just an introduction, then she re-engaged me and we built some comfort, then I went for the number close"

I explained that there is no rush. I knew I was going to see her again. If I didn't accidently bump into her again, I would just go find her and pretend to accidently bump into her again.

I don't have to do an "all or nothing" approach. If it was on the street or on public transportation, I would have to do that, but, here in the grocery store, I can "frament" my approach. I can break it up and take my time. This is often a better strategy then the more aggressive stuff.

This Fragmented Approach can be used whenever you know you will see the girl again..

Grocery stores, cafes, libraries, gyms, class, etc.

I think this concept is really necessary for gym game, school game., and co-worker game. You build the comfort and attraction over time. You don't go for it all in one shot.

For experts, this is just common sense. But, for newbies, I think its an important concept to understand.

You don't have to approach and go for the number close every time. Sometimes, its better to be patient and use a more "fragmented" approach.

Make a comment, say hello, introduce yourself, chat a little -- Then go your seperate ways. See her again, chat her up again, build a bit more comfort -- But, don't force it. See her again, now you know each other, now you can be a bit more aggressive.

Even in a bar or club setting, this strategy can be useful.

A Softer Approach

That's good stuff. Thinking about it, I use this type of game all the time when I go out to bars with friends. Usually we'll all hang out and bullshit for a while, then sort of scatter to swoop some girls. During the bullshitting phase I always like to chat up the girls walking by and then re-engage later if they're still there.

This is beneficial for three reasons:

1. Even if they leave, it helps me get into a social, flirty mood.

2. If they stay, the re-engagement goes smoother than a cold approach. (in my experience, anyway)

3. It's not uncommon that we get her whole group of girls to join us and hang out, with all those corollary benefits.

A Softer Approach

Quote: (04-15-2013 05:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

"I think I'm gonna start with some brown rice and veges", I said.

"oh you are healthy"

"ya, kind of, but sometimes I just eat whatever, don't let me influence you, just get what you want, don't be healthy"

"ok, i won't, i'm actually eating light because I drank too much last night"

"oh shit, i thought i smelled booze on you"

"shut up, did you really?

"no, just playin"

Best part of the interaction here.

A clever, momentary value reducing remark. This sort of tease works extremely well with the very hot babes especially, as it takes them down a notch.

Gio is very fast on his feet here, very extemporaneous, but you can have a lot of these already lined up in your arsenal. For example.

Her: I have a lot of work to do.
You: That explains your bony fingers.
Her: Excuse me?
You: You're working your fingers to the bone.

Her: I am sorry I have to go.
You: "Sorry?" Do you always do this?
Her: Do what?
You: Apologize for leaving the best moment of your day?

Anyway, you get the idea. Flip the idea they expressed back on them, and turn the tables.

A Softer Approach

Good shit, I will say this though. Sometime long ago, I stopped checking out girls tits first (unless they're at a distance), and started checking out their left hand. Saves time.

A Softer Approach

That's a good approach, it's building sexual tension and anticipation with the girl. No doubt when a guy sees a good looking girl say in the supermarket and doesn't say hi, the guy will be walking around wondering if he will see her again. After initial contact like you had, the girl will be thinking the very same as the frustrated guy who never said hi. "Will I see that guy again", "will he talk to me", "will he ask me out", and other hamsterisations.

It reminds me of a post a little while ago about saying hi to a girl or asking her the time right at the beginning of a night out so when you see her again later on it's a warmer approach. I can't remember who posted it, it may even have been you, but it's a similar and powerful concept. The anticipation particularly I like.

She was obviously interested in you, I think you could have pushed it a bit further with her when she said she was engaged but it depends on how you read the situation. If she was still smiling and looking at you in the eyes waiting for your next move, go for the kill son. Even if she rejects you, it gets you used to pushing through barriers which will help you in other interactions. Obviously if she looks disgusted at the mere mention of meeting up then don't go for it, but push the girl as far as she will go. That's an old sales tactic I used to live by because eventually people will cave with enough persistence and I still swear by it with game.

I like to keep a playful vibe up, so when she said "oh no, really?" when you teased her about smelling of alcohol, I would amplify that a bit further with a cocky grin. "Oh yeah, you look like a raging alcoholic", "I think you should keep away from the alcohol aisle" or something like that.
Normally those teases get a girl to initiate touching such as playfully hitting you or pushing you. Just something I picked up on, but what you did obviously worked.

More good stuff mate. Nice one.

A Softer Approach

tapping someone in public seems pretty ballsy to me.
I do that all the time at a bar. I am not sure in public though. any thoughts based on experience?

A Softer Approach

Quote: (04-16-2013 12:13 AM)Sebastian Wrote:  

I do that all the time at a bar. I am not sure in public though. any thoughts based on experience?

It works and there's no reason to not do it. Basically.

A Softer Approach

+1

A Softer Approach

Seems pretty solid.

I'm with Sebastian on grabbing a chicks arm though- I cringe every time I see a guy pull this move and it usually fails spectacularly.

A Softer Approach

Quote: (04-16-2013 01:14 AM)Khaleth Wrote:  

Seems pretty solid.

I'm with Sebastian on grabbing a chicks arm though- I cringe every time I see a guy pull this move and it usually fails spectacularly.

I cringe every time I see a guy approach a girl, because it usually fails spectacularly.

Maybe you've just seen bad examples of arm grabbing, but it definitely works when done properly.

A Softer Approach

Seems pretty solid.

Works a lot for me.

A Softer Approach

I think the key is closing as parting is natural, it can be awkward to close when you're still going to see her a couple times.
I like Gio's closing lines, good frame.
"...I want to call you later and flirt with you"
"I just want to see how our chemistry is"

Gold.

A Softer Approach

Quote: (04-15-2013 05:25 PM)tenderman100 Wrote:  

A clever, momentary value reducing remark. This sort of tease works extremely well with the very hot babes especially, as it takes them down a notch.

For example.

Her: I have a lot of work to do.
You: That explains your bony fingers.
Her: Excuse me?
You: You're working your fingers to the bone.

Her: I am sorry I have to go.
You: "Sorry?" Do you always do this?
Her: Do what?
You: Apologize for leaving the best moment of your day?

Thanks for breaking this down Tenderman,

I have been getting much better at teasing.

Teasing is so fucking important.

Takes them down a notch, shows a sense of superiority, and builds a nice tension.

Quote: (04-15-2013 08:35 PM)MattC Wrote:  

It reminds me of a post a little while ago about saying hi to a girl or asking her the time right at the beginning of a night out so when you see her again later on it's a warmer approach.

Yes, same type of concept.

Quote: (04-15-2013 08:35 PM)MattC Wrote:  

I like to keep a playful vibe up, so when she said "oh no, really?" when you teased her about smelling of alcohol, I would amplify that a bit further with a cocky grin. "Oh yeah, you look like a raging alcoholic", "I think you should keep away from the alcohol aisle" or something like that.

I need to do this a bit more. This is where you have really helped me.

Thanks for always reminding me about this. This is an area where I can improve.

It is ballsy. Thats why it works.

I tap girls almost everyday. I have rarely had a problem.

They have always reacted well.

Of course, before I ever touch them, I smile, I relax my body language, I relax my eyes, I relax my face, I relax the tone of my voice. Everything about you has to be playful and non-threatening.

Just before the touch I often say -- "hey excuse me", IN THE MOST PLAYFUL, NON-THREATNING VOICE I CAN.

When you touch them, its not just the touch that they react to. It's also a bunch of other little subconscious social cues like time of day, your appearance, your body language, the surrounding crowd, your voice, etc.

For example, I rarely touch girls at night. Only during the day.

The better I am dressed, the more I touch, because the better I look, the more I can get away with.

Smile, smile, smile. Before the touch. Let her see your smiling face a second or 2 before you touch her. Just making a little eye contact and smiling will put her at ease.

I rarely touch from behind, always from the side or face to face. From behind can surprise and scare them.

Indoor touching (bars, stores, markets, shops) is often a safer move then outdoor touching (street, public transportation, etc.)

Just touch them the same way you would in a bar.

With the right facial expression, vibe, and body language, touching girls is simple and effective.

grabbing a chicks arm though- I cringe every time I see a guy pull this move and it usually fails spectacularly.

You have seen some bad examples.

MattC or I can go out right now and touch 10 girls. Most of them will react positively.

It's all your appearance and how you do it.

I suspect the guys you observed were a bit needy and desperate in the way they touched.

Touching is powerful. It works.

A Softer Approach

The Newbie questioned your approach the entire time until he saw how your plan came together at the end. I bet the girl was thinking similar thoughts (when will he ask my number?). Not to knock on him, I would have asked the same questions.

A good hunter doesn't need to chase prey - he can make it so curious it has to sit on his lap.

A Softer Approach

Glad it's working, always amplify!

A Softer Approach

Splitting it into phases sure does move the pressure "for something to happen" off you and helps you relax. It's like a mini-outcome-independence tool.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

A Softer Approach

going to Whole Foods

A Softer Approach

Quote: (04-18-2013 10:30 AM)juice Wrote:  

going to Whole Foods

Grocery store game is simple...

Whatever she is looking at, just as her about:

"are those tomatoes good for salad"

"i just made some of those, they are so good with cheese"

"ooh my favorite"

"i love those"

"how do you make those"

A Softer Approach

^^ What's up the with the emphasis on the "opener" ?? It could be whatever, "yellow bananas are the best but, i've never eaten blue ones so my experience is limited, how about you?". Random and meaningless. Real game starts AFTER breaking the ice bullshit. That's where you have to shine. And you played it beautifully [Image: thumb.gif]

A Softer Approach

Gio, how do you tap the chick while she walks towards you? That's something I want to do at the university, but I just think I will scare the cat away. Your tapping was cool with the chick, she smiled.

A Softer Approach

Quote: (04-19-2013 11:55 AM)beltoforion Wrote:  

Gio, how do you tap the chick while she walks towards you? That's something I want to do at the university, but I just think I will scare the cat away. Your tapping was cool with the chick, she smiled.

A couple of key things for tapping girls on the arm or shoulder..

1) Smile before the tap, during the tap, and after the tap. After she feels the touch and looks up, she should see your soft, smiling, non-threatening face.

If she notices you pre-tap, you should be smiling.

2) Say "excuse me" BEFORE the tap! Like 1 second before! This verbal cue prepares her to be touched and makes it less threatening.

3) Have your next statement/question ready. Don't stand their nervous like a deer in the headlights. Smile and say..

"hey, can i ask you something"
"excuse me, can i tell you something"
"hi, i know this is random but i had to tell you..."
"hey, i noticed you walking by and i wanted to say..."

Then you better be ready to spit some game.

**If you are not ready to tap, just do verbal stops. A verbal stop is when you walk up to a girl, hold out your hand to stop her and just say "excuse me". No touching required.

Also, I only tap during the day. Not, at night, unless I'm indoors.