rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Life over at 21 for Girls at Yale

Sorry at work and could not copy any of the article in Safari on iPhone.

Apparently 21 is the new 30 for women losing their perceived value.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/04/meet-the...at-21.html

Best part of all web articles now: The comments sections.

CJL2009 wrote:

No doubt that all these SWUGs are going to go to New York City to work in media or fashion or publishing, hoping to inundate us with their Stories That Really Matter. Like about all those times they hooked up with preppy white lacrosse players or trustafarian hipsters who are really just like younger George W. Bushes but with undeserved artistic pretensions. Yes, these SWUGs will write stories and columns about those recollections, trying to constantly remind the world of how desirable they are still. And because their fathers and mothers run the culture business in America, we'll be forced to watch as they celebrate themselves as the voices of their generation and such.

F*ck'em. I went to a college full of these kinds of spoiled, shallow, and self-absorbed people. One of the most satisfying things after graduating was finding out that all those kids were just full of it and they've gone nowhere after college. In that bubble, they could pretend they were really celebrities and artists, but in the real world, they're nothing.

AGAM writes:

"I've just decided to drop the façade of social performance," she thought to herself, enjoying a contemplative sip of shiraz from one of the few mason jars in her legion not devoted to homemade pickles, subconsciously reminding her facial muscles to hold their mask of practiced disaffection as she found herself, despite herself, enjoying the combination of "Washed Out" and an East River sunset.

JADE 7243:

Guessing the acronym before reading the article led me to surmise SWUG stood for "shallow white university girls." After reading the article.... well, enough said.

LGATO sounds like he might have swallowed some red pill:

SWUGS have always existed. As a 60+ something male ex-banker, I remember how delighted I was each fall, crisp and clear in New York, when those newly-graduated young things, dripping in ennui, entered the workforce. Think about it. Tired of clumsy undergraduate boys and yearning for some experienced male companionship, they were delicious grist for the corporate sexual mill. Nothing new here. As usual. And the more beautiful, sexually rapacious of them were truly somethng to behold as they advanced into middle management. Sexy, confident, they were--and are--wonderful.

If I keep going I'll just copy and paste the whole comments section. Visit the link and read for yourself.

i have a suggestion: women who rode the cock carousel should be called meat grinders

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote: (04-11-2013 09:32 AM)JimNortonFan Wrote:  

F*ck'em. I went to a college full of these kinds of spoiled, shallow, and self-absorbed people. One of the most satisfying things after graduating was finding out that all those kids were just full of it and they've gone nowhere after college. In that bubble, they could pretend they were really celebrities and artists, but in the real world, they're nothing.

This x1000.

These idiots think they really matter. At one point in their own minuscule ecosystem they might have. But beyond that they aren't worth a second glance.

And they know it. And it kills them. It reallllly kills them. Eats them up inside.

And watching them attempt (ie: struggle) to remain at even 10% of the relevancy of what they once were in thier own little ecosystem is hilarious and simultaneously heartbreaking to watch.

Heartbreaking not because I feel bad for them. Heartbreaking because -- on a strictly human level -- nobody has the heart to tell them of the delusions they reside in

It's like in the song "they only want you when you're seventeen. When you're twenty one you're no fun". Very good song by the way

I've posted before that I have a degree from one of the best universities in the world.

The girls at these places are shockingly shallow and in many cases surprisingly dumb.

The guys do not and in many cases cannot get the job done.

And this is the elite that will be ruling the world.

The winners amongst them go on to Wall Street, the thieving leeches go to government. Sometimes those 2 categories overlap see Geithner, Timothy and Paulson, Henry.

The rest are ending up funemployed as employers realize that starting a high school club that treats dysthymic dogs and cheating on the SAT gets you into college but doesn't make the economy work.

So they tap mommy and daddy's 401(k) and become hipsters who are fascinated with the irony of having an education the poor would kill for and any worthwhile person would turn into mad productivity in the workplace, repaying society a hundredfold for the resources invested, while hipster peddles their Schwinn to go get some sustainable sourced tea brewed with repurposed rainwater, then texts daddy to remind him not to be late on hipster's student loan payment.

I graduated college in 2011 and I can testify. Alcohol, alpha cock and the dining hall take a huge toll on women at liberal arts colleges in the northeast. They are washed up by junior spring. The seniors and juniors will not even look at the frumpy burned out upperclassmen. They are too busy ogling over the refreshing, pretty, eager freshmen and sophomores.

Not sure this applies at larger state schools where the chicks join sororities and feel social pressure to maintain a good reputation and fit physique.

I observed this phenomenon myself back in the day. Each fall semester a new crop of freshmen girls would roll on to campus like a tidal wave. It was an absolute madhouse for the first couple of months because these girls didn't know their limits with alcohol, drugs or sex. They wanted as much of all three as possible, because they had this culturally ingrained expectation that that's what they should be doing. An 18 year old girl who is out of her parent's house for the first time and looking to have fun is one of the most glorious creatures on Earth. They are completely carefree and in the moment, so much so that they can be annoying, but they're still intoxicating to be around. Not to mention that they're at the peak of their physical beauty. So it's no surprise that every player on campus was gunning to slay as much freshman pussy as he possibly could each fall. And there was much slaying done.

After two years of that lifestyle, though, the girls become jaded and cynical. The alcochol, drugs, late nights and junk food take their toll. Their bodies start to wear down. They realize that there's nothing glorious about getting shitfaced, doing lines of coke in a frathouse bathroom then getting banged out on a couch or behind a bush. The ultimate hypocrites, they begin to judge the younger girls for indulging in the whorish and bacchanalian behavior which they had themselves just a year or two prior. At this point, most girls start looking around for a guy to date, and as long as they don't wait too long and didn't slut it up too bad they can usually find one, because a lot of guys start to get burned out of the scene by that point as well. But for the girls that don't, well...

A senior college party girl is basically a joke. We used to laugh at them, because they would come around like cougars, trying to seduce a pretty boy freshman guy who didn't know about their reputation. Invariably, these "SWUGs" would always end up managing to fuck a few young dudes each semester, who would then catch a lot of shit and be mocked for fucking the "old lady", who had by that point usually had well north of twenty cocks in her, and whose looks had faded drastically in 3-4 years.

In hindsight, the college party scene is actually a microcosm of the lifetime sexual market, compressed into 4 years. Freshmen women are highly prized, while seniors are regarded as used good and washed up. Freshman guys, on the other hand, come in with zero status, and have to establish themselves through frats or athletics to start getting access to prime pussy. Once you got the gravy train rolling as a guy, however, it only picked up steam. By junior and senior year you had built up status and were in your prime, surrounded by a sea of pussy.

Then you graduate and reality smacks you in the face. [Image: lol.gif]

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]