rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How has your life changed since you have become muscular/in shape ?

I hope this thread will motivate non-lifters on RVF to lift and casual lifters to become more serious.

2 years ago I used to be a 6' 133 pound skeleton of a 19 year old. I was a borderline alcoholic, depressed & woke up at 2 pm ever single day. I had one meal a before i started drinking with my " friends" in the evening again & and woke up with a hangover the next afternoon.

Girlfriend cheated & I realized something needed to change so i decided to get serious with smtg in my life. Good things usually take time ... lifting seemed to be the fastest way prove to myself that i could succeed in something.

Long story short, 20 months (now) later I am 183 lbs at around 13-14 % bf !! . Almost all, of the muscle/fat gained is in my upper body ( I don't work my legs) which makes me look even bigger.

Lifting has tranformed my life in the following ways

THE GOOD

- Seeing your body transform makes you question yourself what else in life you are able to change ! What else am I missing ? What other forbidden fruit is there ... so the motivation and discipline spills to other areas of your life en masse.

- More attention from sluts ( stares , subtle grabbing of arms , smiles , blushing , girls rearranging their hair when i arrive ). Girls just "happen" to sit right next to me at a bar when there are 20 other spots free.

- Respect from guys ! I actually get more attention from guys than girls since many guys know the amount of work required to acquire body aesthetics ! I get nods of approval , bigger guys calling me " bro " , smaller guys avoiding eye contact in the hallways ...

- Anger/Bitterness is no longer an issue. There's something therapeutic about dead-lifting in particular.

- Became more humble - a year ago at around 155 lbs i was a douche. Going to class in tight wife beaters & started smoking cigs.

- Introduced me to the Manosphere : While searching for cable trap exercises i somehow stumbled upon BOLD & Determined. Roosh, HEartiste, RSD ... all followed. Red Pill knowledge & game is slowly sinking in

THE BAD

My Dick looks smaller in comparison to my body !

How have your lives changed since your started getting noticeably Jacked ??

"Almost all, of the muscle/fat gained is in my upper body ( I don't work my legs) which makes me look even bigger."

[Image: ngbbs50fb35cae1d76.jpg]

[Image: smiley_beat_dead_horse2.gif]

[Image: leg-day.jpg]

eat clen, tren hard

Found OP's FB pic
[Image: 4f4f456c626ed8699a2da44d0773bb86-leg-day-1.jpg]

I'm sorry I gotta do this to a fellow Ethiopian but SQUAT! I know genetically we have solid legs but don't skip leg day!
[Image: squat-meme.jpg]

or if that doesn't motivate you enough this one never gets old

[Image: Overtrain-Fail-or-Win_o_91074.jpg]

Squatting will do more for your core than any amount of crunches, and I know that feel OP I used to be a fat white knight, been training for 6 years and gathering red pill knowledge and I'm fuckin girls that would never have given me the time of day

Quote: (04-08-2013 10:54 PM)LibertarianBootyHunter Wrote:  

THE BAD

I'm a tad curious, how does your dick look smaller to the rest of your body if you don't do legs?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Does anyone play this game where they are walking down on the left part of the side walk and see a guy coming from the opposite side on the same path and see if he yields and moves to the right side? Ever since I started lifting guys yield much earlier

[Image: tumblr_m6ou97nZtU1qzmh66o1_500.jpg]

[quote='LibertarianBootyHunter' pid='415552' dateline='1365479667']

[Image: laugh2.gif]

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

The "brah" troll has signed back up. Welcome back brah.

[Image: troll.gif]

lol at all the "no legs ever" pics

To the OP, the muscles involved in squatting are the largest in your body, and working them releases more testosterone. You'll probably really take off in terms of gains if you start doing those.

"Make a little music everyday 'til you die"

Voice teacher here. If you ever need help with singing, speech and diction, accent improvement/reduction, I'm your man.

Will squatting help with IT bands? Mine are super tight all the time.

Quote: (04-09-2013 03:29 PM)chyamor Wrote:  

Will squatting help with IT bands? Mine are super tight all the time.

No, use a foam roller to stretch them out. IT bands are impossible to stretch otherwise.

Foam roller will hurt like hell, but in a that good kind of pain way if you know what I mean.

Quote: (04-09-2013 03:25 PM)Fitzgerald Wrote:  

To the OP, the muscles involved in squatting are the largest in your body, and working them releases more testosterone. You'll probably really take off in terms of gains if you start doing those.

This is so key. If you're only going to do one thing in the gym it should be squatting. I just got back into lifting about 6 weeks ago. My routine so far has just been to squat and deadlift one day a week.

The results:
Weight: 224 -> 208
BF: 28% -> 22%
Fat loss: 17 lbs
Muscle gain: 1 lbs

Most of the visible gains are in my upper body, probably from the fat loss. My lats and shoulders are definitely larger though. I'm also more aggressive and get angry faster so I think my testosterone levels have definitely gone up.