rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

SEO for Newbies

SEO for Newbies

Hi! I'd like to start informing about this theme.

I did a research in google but I got overwhelmed with load of information.

Which sites should I start to read to have a better understanding of this stuff?

SEO for Newbies

i'm an industry insider. yes, the info out there can be overwhelming. there are also loads of out-dated articles from times gone-by, useful at the time they were published but totally obsolete in today's search engine landscape. the more reliable resources are those published by seomoz, search engine land, and the search engine forums at webmasterworld.

also, google matt cutts and look for his blog. he heads google's web spam team and google's ambassador to the seo community for everything google search-related tech updates.

hope that helps

SEO for Newbies

If you want an incredibly solid foundation, Michael David's SEO for WordPress book is great.

It's not too dense, well-organized, and its an excellent start. Well worth the price.

http://www.amazon.com/WordPress-3-Search...847199003/

WordPress is covered thoroughly, but this book goes far beyond that.

I own at least 10 SEO books and this is easily the most useful, noob or otherwise.

SEO for Newbies

I hate to be negative but as someone who has worked in Internet marketing for 6 years I have to say the golden window of opportunity has been missed. I would never enter this unbelievably volatile industry at this point. With the penguin updates it's the same as speculating on the stock market. It can be done, but you really need to be informed to do it.

My two pennies.

SEO for Newbies

Matt Cutts' blog has lots of info.

Thanks for the Wordpress SEO book Alpha Mind.

SEO for Newbies

Hah look at this advice.

Reading books will only help you a little.

Get some SEO programs and start playing around with them.(SENukeXCr, TBS, Scrapebox,etc.)

You can get SEnuke for free(ask me)

It takes a lot of experimentation and doing automation, while being able to manually build 1st tier links.

Reading books is nothing compared to actually putting this stuff into practice. Check out BHW. It's a good forum.

SEO for Newbies

Quote: (04-08-2013 10:33 AM)NY Digital Wrote:  

Get some SEO programs and start playing around with them.(SENukeXCr, TBS, Scrapebox,etc.)

You can get SEnuke for free(ask me)

Which one of those programs would you recommend the most?

SEO for Newbies

SEnuke is rather overpriced if you're paying for it. So I'd get Ultimate Demon as it has similar function for a much lower cost.

Scrapebox is like $56 one-time. You can harvest lists and blast a lot of comments but comments are only good as Tier 2 or 3 links. TBS is $76 but I know how to get a license for $10. A spinner is essential if you're doing SEO.

I'd say getting a spinner and Search Engine software would be best. SpinChimp has a free version that works well and a licensed one that is good for 3 months for like $22.

Ultimate Demon is either $370? onetime or like $50/month.

SEO for Newbies

Thanks, ill check them out.

My SEO knowledge is still so green that I dont even know what you mean exactly by "spinning" (I understand it means that you take an article, change the sintax so it doesnt looks copied, and post it to rank it for specific keywords, am I right?)

But Im learning. Thanks for the info.

SEO for Newbies

Yeah. The software does all that for you. Yeah deff.

Get the Spinchimp free trial and just start messing around with stuff. Go slowly.

Don't throw money at stuff and you'll be fine.

SEO for Newbies

One of the MOST comprehensive FREE SEO guides out there is this by Sean Ogle:
He's a cool guy that I've been following for a few years.

Enjoy!
http://www.seanogle.com/uncategorized/be...freelancer